Jump to content
Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread


Dejimon11
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Sally just looks gloomy in those panels to me.

Well she's supposed to be listening to Mina's music.

Side note if you haven't already check out ThanksKenPenders. It's a great blog.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Redbluethunder5
5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

"Sally was made Bisexual after the Super Genesis Wave" *Remembers the panel of her "Admiring" Mina's music in pre-reboot* ...Yeah I'm not too sure about that Mr. Flynn.

 

I hope that this will stop having people saying that they made her gay to stop her from dating Sonic,since now it's been confirmed that she is either bisexual or pansexual,meaning that she liked boys as well. She and Sonic simply were not into each other in the reboot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

I hope that this will stop having people saying that they made her gay to stop her from dating Sonic,since now it's been confirmed that she is either bisexual or pansexual,meaning that she liked boys as well. She and Sonic simply were not into each other in the reboot

Honestly this isn't even the first time Ian has said she was Bi. He's mentioned it on Twitter before. 

I personally do like to think that Sonic and Sally tried to date post-reboot but found that Sonic's adventurous attitude and inability to stay in one place made it hard for them to stay a couple so they just mutually broke up.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A crossover with MLP as an inevitability? Didn't that show finish its run already? How much longer is the comic gonna stick around considering the source material is off the air?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

New sketch by Evan Stanley

EODKlN4U0AAfL-M.png

Guess this means no full on Sonic Zombot for awhile. Kinda hoping we get that at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MetalSkulkBane
5 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

A crossover with MLP as an inevitability? Didn't that show finish its run already? How much longer is the comic gonna stick around considering the source material is off the air?

I don't know how long it will last. There was a comic based on Saturday Morning cartoon about bunch of animals hiding in a forest from evil doctor and his robots and it lasted 291 issues + spin-offs.

MLP:FIM died just few months ago. And they already announced sorta-spin-ogg "Pony Live" show, "Season 10" comic, not to mention Gen 5 will show up soon. I think it will last for year or two more... then again, Adventure Time "season 11" comic died spectacularly. Canceleld after 6 issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Well she's supposed to be listening to Mina's music.

Side note if you haven't already check out ThanksKenPenders. It's a great blog.

How long has it been around? Cause I seem to recall a similar blog years ago.

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Honestly this isn't even the first time Ian has said she was Bi. He's mentioned it on Twitter before. 

I personally do like to think that Sonic and Sally tried to date post-reboot but found that Sonic's adventurous attitude and inability to stay in one place made it hard for them to stay a couple so they just mutually broke up.

Hence why she's bi instead of full blown gay. 

1 hour ago, Betz said:

Guess this means no full on Sonic Zombot for awhile. Kinda hoping we get that at some point.

I thought we would've had that by the Cyclone issue.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic should be taken out of commission after this story ends...it's the least that could happen.

But that might get in the way of the Sonic perspective. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

But that might get in the way of the Sonic perspective. 

Hiatus.

I guess it's an intentional thing being done right now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Vest Friend
7 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

A crossover with MLP as an inevitability? Didn't that show finish its run already? How much longer is the comic gonna stick around considering the source material is off the air?

 

I was going to dwell on this point myself. I mean, in terms of MLP:FIM specifically, it has a little bit of shelf life left with that filler show while G5 is being produced, but by the time the Sonic comic is in a position to do that sort of story I would think it would have lost relevance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yet more Bumblekast, this time on Balancing Characters vs Plot: 

  • So apparently, the Sonic vs Tails tag line for House of Cards was an editorial suggestion to make the story more accessible. Since the original arc had already been condensed into two issues, there was little choice but to rely on what came before and some mental gymnastics to make it work. 
  • He laments not taking more advantage of backup stories to have more character driven exploration ala Stargazing. 
  • There is apparently an FAQ esque source that helps track what questions have been answered thus far. 
  • Sees Marine as more eager to meet new friends compared to Sticks. 
  • Questions Eggman's perspective on Gerald's legacy in regards to what the public record actually is: is he just a famed innovator before "disappearing" or is he an infamous traitor for science? He also prefers if he was less of a tragic figure and more of an egotist perhaps under GUNs employ who got hyperfocused  into what he is at some point. 
  • The Warp Topaz can warp reality. Also, he admits to flubbing the Zeti shell's name in the same issue.
  • Doesn't know how Megawoman/WeaponWoman AU would've been handled if Capcom and Archie allowed it. Sees Rock as troubleshooter to Roll's assistance, so she'd be more empathetic to him finding the problem. 
  • Not sure Sonic and Pokemon crossover would last long, never mind what continuity or conditions it would operate under--Sonic getting caught is overdone, but might get a nod. Sonic would run a Glasscannon team if he's patient enough, Tails would be a better trainer through a well researched team including moves like Blizzard, and Knuckles would be a hands on Fighting team. 
  • Thinks Metal Virus is worse than Roboticization by a small margin. 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Not sure Sonic and Pokemon crossover would last long, never mind what continuity or conditions it would operate under--Sonic getting caught is overdone, but might get a nod. Sonic would run a Glasscannon team if he's patient enough, Tails would be a better trainer through a well researched team including moves like Blizzard, and Knuckles would be a hands on Fighting team.

That sounds like a fun fanart idea for later :D

Already thinking of a Bat & Jewel team for Rouge...🤩🤩

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Thinks Metal Virus is worse than Roboticization by a small margin. 

Can't really disagree with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2020 at 2:10 AM, Shadowlax said:

Something you said I think a bit ago " Ian flynn might take some time to figure shadow out " or something to that effect. Its on the money, I think. He does need to figure shadow out, he doesn't really have a good grasp of who shadow is right now. Neither do we ( and neither does sega ) Ian Probably assuming the guy was the same, wrote a story assuming we all knew the deal. It was setting up some big thing and was less about shadow himself. When push comes to shove turns out we including Ian himself didn't know the deal. Turns out he's not the same guy, and I think and I could be wrong the story requires a much more compassionate version of the shadow doesn't exist and I don't think the moral quandary is going anywhere. So that issue meant to set up who he is , but was spent setting up a plot line is going to lead nowhere and effect nothing. Its kinda moot. It didn't matter that year, can't be executed correctly now, and bonus it doesn't even matter to this plot.

Oh. I suppose that is a takeaway.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:10 AM, Shadowlax said:

Bonus:

  Hide contents

That kinda makes Ian " i'm gonna avoid shadow thing " feel a bit worse because It doesn't at least to me feel like shadow got his set up issue, his issue was to set up future plot. And it worked out for no one involved and he's seemingly getting punished for that. You know what makes it double worse, you can take that moral quandary out of this arc and effects nothing. Sonic can have this entire moral argument by himself and with other characters and it serves the same thing narrative. Yay.

Pretty much.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:10 AM, Shadowlax said:

The one where some of em are different types of magic horse than they were before they are also from different worlds . Applejack may not be coming back and spike gets a bit more prominence

Woah-woah-woah, wait, this is a world hopping series now?

On 1/11/2020 at 2:10 AM, Shadowlax said:

Chris is inescapable. He will make his return, one day.

When the two worlds align again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I don't know how long it will last. There was a comic based on Saturday Morning cartoon about bunch of animals hiding in a forest from evil doctor and his robots and it lasted 291 issues + spin-offs.

A bit of a different situation. The Sonic video game series was still alive and well and offered plenty of synergistic energy to keep the comics relevant. 

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

MLP:FIM died just few months ago. And they already announced sorta-spin-ogg "Pony Live" show, "Season 10" comic, not to mention Gen 5 will show up soon. I think it will last for year or two more... then again, Adventure Time "season 11" comic died spectacularly. Canceleld after 6 issues.

I guess MLP still has its toys... but i have to imagine the show was the crown jewel of that portfolio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Woah-woah-woah, wait, this is a world hopping series now?

Understand this was leaked information and this is subject to change. But apperently each pony or at least the mane ones are guardians and princess, everyone is blaze the cat and they world hop to solve problems. To different themed worlds and stuff.

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

When the two worlds align again.

This sounds like a dark prophecy

 

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

A bit of a different situation. The Sonic video game series was still alive and well and offered plenty of synergistic energy to keep the comics relevant. 

 

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I guess MLP still has its toys... but i have to imagine the show was the crown jewel of that portfolio.

The toys do very well and they spun the shit off into the equestria girls stuff that also did very well. I do think they are still kind of on thin ice. Not to insult us on over here but the people in the MLP fanbase seem very...organized. And are kind of tentative on even continuing their fandom at this point now that the show is done. That isn't to say adult or teenaged fans are all of the fan or even most of them for that matter. But their core fanbase have effectively grown up with and possibly out of it. This new show when it releases has to effectively entice and entire new generation of kids while keeping the old characters around to keep the older crowds fanaticism going. All this without Lauren Faust.

Its not impossible, they have their work cut out for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, caitash said:

Heard on twitter that issue 25 has been delayed to 29 January. I hope not, but wouldn’t be surprised if it is. 

I just remembered that we're on the first milestone of this comic.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Redbluethunder5
On 12/1/2020 at 09:00, SBR2 said:

Onestamente, questa non è nemmeno la prima volta che Ian afferma di essere bi. Lo ha menzionato prima su Twitter. 

Personalmente mi piace pensare che Sonic e Sally abbiano provato ad uscire dopo il riavvio, ma hanno scoperto che l'atteggiamento avventuroso di Sonic e l'incapacità di rimanere in un posto hanno reso difficile per loro rimanere in coppia, così si sono lasciati reciprocamente.

I think the same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

How many more pages will the next issue have compared to the previous ones?

It’s a 48-pager iirc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dreadknux changed the title to IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread
  • Sean locked this topic
  • Tornado unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   2 members

    • Silvereyes
    • HywelAtTheMoon
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.