Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

31 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

To be fair, Infinite showing up when he did threw everything off. As in doing more of what he was already doing except with more nightmare fuel involved.

He still probably should have taken more than a minute to think up battle strategies.

56 minutes ago, Almar said:

>responsible

But Knuckles in the Gameverse has never been responsible when not dealing with his island (which has no actual full blown communities with houses and towns and etc. whatsoever on it) and giant shiny rock. This doesn't get that much focus nowadays but he's a hermit. I don't know any hermits known for being trusted to command armies.

"And that's why Sonic Forces was a mistake."

(There's probably some, but that's besides the point)

42 minutes ago, thumbs13 said:

He still probably should have taken more than a minute to think up battle strategies.

I'd assume they did if they didn't already have some in place before not getting the chance, but yeah.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:32 PM, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I’m really wondering how Sega is gauging the opinions on characters like Shadow to make restrictions, or what measure they make their cases on. They seem to be doing more harm to the character than good compared to others.

I know this is an older post, but I want to address this.

Sega aren't stupid, they know Shadow is a popular character among the Adventure crowd, hence the jokes about it in Boom.

So they slap Shadow into whatever product they're trying to sell to bait people with "look guys, it's Shadow, you like Shadow right? Buy our product to see him" and then characterize him as what they THINK people like about him, rather than who he actually is.

I already went over this, but the public perception of Shadow is that of an angsty, violent edgelord so that's what he is nowadays.

Yes, it is doing detrimental harm to his character, but I don't really think they care so as long as they can make their money off of it. And once this version of Shadow they're trying to push is rejected they'll just come to the wrong conclusion that the character himself is the problem (rather than  the fact that he's become a parody of himself) and just silently push him to the side.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are they really making money? At least in the game sector, maybe the film might provide a boom to game sales but if the quality is the way it is now, it will go back down. Like the things that are making money aren't made and for the most part aren't being dictated by them. That's pretty hard to mess up that interpretation. Then again , sega's really good at missing the point and go "Well everything is like the movies now" and just think game sonic isn't viable or something.

Introspection is hard.

It weird because its very clear that like this isn't a situation where they are directly invovled and making hand over fist money. The stuff being made that is , is by other people. You would think they would get the message of " maybe we should let folks do their thing " but ... nope. and i'm not saying everyone should have no restrictions. God no, that's how you end up with penders. But hopefully the film gets them to understand that maybe some forms of creative interpretation is ok. And maybe if your thing is the thing people don't like , maybe its you that doesn't have the right take?

But again , introspection is hard

New covers, including a delightful new piece by Jon Gray:

ZQIhxzG.jpg

FanVpg4.jpg

I love that Big's winning the Shuffle tournament with the fishing rod controller. XD

• Thumbs Up 6

I gotta say, that out of all the covers that Jon Gray has done, that has to be my favorite.

And in no way that has to do with my recently purchasing a Dreamcast.

Well, as long as we're addressing "older" posts and totally not changing the constant subject of Shadow, wasn't there something about Amy reaching a breaking point after constant efforts to lead the Restoration to safety? Cause I don't remember that happening yet.

If [Spoiler for those who still try to avoid the solicits]

Spoiler

we're meant to that cover with the Filler Two seriously and the seeemingly irrelevance of the Intergenerational Techniques is any indication,

that would be the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I'm done pretending I wasn't away from this thread for last few hours,

49 minutes ago, Armored CC14 said:

Spoiler

ZQIhxzG.jpg

Lol at Number 1 Hat Knuckles.

Also, noticed Chao(TSR), Burning Blaze, and Eggman sneaking a peak.

Spoiler

FanVpg4.jpg

Is...is her hair growing or something?

I love that Big's winning the Shuffle tournament with the fishing rod controller. XD

The what now? :lol: 

I was gonna say they were playing the shit out of marvel 2. But I saw the screen in the background. I'm usually not the biggest fan of that guys art. I find his work a little...flat. that said that cover is fun

Also green hair attack

1 hour ago, Armored CC14 said:

ZQIhxzG.jpg

FanVpg4.jpg

Zeena's hair really got a upgrade in this cover art! And Amy still lacks anything special about her personality.    

18 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Zeena's hair really got a upgrade in this cover art! And Amy still lacks anything special about her personality.    

Yeah, seriously. If that's what we're looking at.

Whaddya mean? She looks passionate to me.

57 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

You don't need to say this every month, we get it.

• Thumbs Up 8

7 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

You don't need to say this every month, we get it.

Can you please stop telling me how tired you are about my post having Amy in them.   

• Chuckle 1

37 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Can you please stop telling me how tired you are about my post having Amy in them.   

Your posts having Amy in them isn’t the problem. You pointlessly repeating yourself every month is the problem.

• Thumbs Up 7

Off one obsessive discussion, onto another argument. I mean I laughed at Meteor's response, but still, take it easy.

In fact, how do we feel about Amy's characterization? How do you feel that should go in the future?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, whaddya think about this, Space?

On 2/22/2020 at 5:37 PM, DabigRG said:

So any who, anyone else still suspect Amy might screw up?

On 2/22/2020 at 9:43 PM, DabigRG said:

In that things go pearshaped because she thought she had a handle on things for a moment.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Wasn't there something about Amy reaching a breaking point after constant efforts to lead the Restoration to safety? Cause I don't remember that happening yet.

If [Spoiler for those who still try to avoid the solicits]

Reveal hidden contents

we're meant to that cover with the Filler Two seriously and the seeemingly irrelevance of the Intergenerational Techniques is any indication,

that would be the time.

36 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Your posts having Amy in them isn’t the problem. You pointlessly repeating yourself every month is the problem.

Me posting here is my business and counting my days and time here is creeping me out.

Spoiler

Will Gemerl, Omega, & Metal Sonic get some kind of upgrade that protects them from the Zeti's control?

Also, could Gemerl copy Zeena's abilities to be able to temporarily control Zombots?

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Will Gemerl, Omega, & Metal Sonic get some kind of upgrade that protects them from the Zeti's control?

Also, could Gemerl copy Zeena's abilities to be able to temporarily control Zombots?

Spoiler

Has Gmerl ever shown the capability to ability copy? That was never his thing, even if he was rebuilt from Emerl.

Metal Sonic on the other hand.....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Hide contents

Has Gmerl ever shown the capability to ability copy? That was never his thing, even if he was rebuilt from Emerl.

...I don't know? I guess we could just ask Ian I figure he would have gotten word on that. Or maybe it comes up?

7 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

You literally make the same post about this subject almost every time. So yea, I'm going to call you out on it because its exhausting for people to read this without you even attempting to foster any meaningful discussion.

If you don't want to discuss anything, then simply don't post. We already know how you feel about Amy, we don't need to read about it every month.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

...I don't know? I guess we could just ask Ian I figure he would have gotten word on that. Or maybe it comes up?

It did get me to thinking though.

Spoiler

What if Eggman threw Metal at Zavok so that he could collect copy data for the Zeti's abilities. Then, a few issues down the road, whip out a Metal Sonic that can control the Zombots. Shoot, if you were to somehow hook up Metal to the Master Emerald, he could probably bend the knee of the entire planet horde is a single swoop.... and it would outsmart and humiliate Zavok - which would make it doubly sweet for Eggy.

That would be a sneaky smart way of turning an L into a W.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I honestly didn't consider that.

7 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Hide contents

Mm...he did pull off a Spindash type move later in the game, so maybe.

6 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

There was a cover a little while ago, so...

9 hours ago, Zaysho said:
13 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Me posting here is my business and counting my days and time here is creeping me out.

People are pointing out a pattern of behavior you have in this thread making the same complaints about Amy's personality in the comics. People are just asking that you be a bit more constructive about it. I mean, even the Shadow people try.

I'll try but I have bad luck with people on the internet.