Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I've been thinking: what's up with Jewel height in relation to Charmy?

Are all bugs just small? Doe that mean Charmy will never grow any taller?
Is Jewel same age as he? I think she's 16. Plus that would make her Tails-lever prodigy, maybe above.
Or maybe she's just a small person?

She is indeed 16--her size is likely a side effect of both being an insect and the intention of her being a Tails/Cream for Tangle.

I agree that she should be a bit bigger when properly scaled, but eh.

I think she is just really short. Charmy may be small, but he's not smaller than a six year old of a different animal would be in the Sonic universe.

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's the connected covers for Bad Guys

Reveal hidden contents

EjbuOEPWoAAJRfI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Didn't even recall this was a connecting cover. Makes the Skunk Bros hilarious in context.

10 hours ago, StaticMania said:

For a second there I thought that maid bot in the background was E-101 Beta.

Truth be told, I had to look again as well.

If this wern't a kids comic, you'd know for a fact that Starline would be holding a glass of burgandy instead of tea, and a cigar in the other hand.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:08 PM, KoDaiko said:

Now another question:

Hide contents

1897138584_Screenshot2020-10-02at18_06_49.png.8b1f34a5a807811cde69271b8d93a20a.png

new character?

It really seems like it is.

In all honestly, I'm surprisingly OK with the new characters. Even though I'm not really a fan of anyone in particular, they do bring something new to the table, and they do feel like actual characters from the games. 

Mysterious cover character revealed in a tease for the NYCC panel:

Meet Belle, a new robot character made of wood!

• Thumbs Up 8

15 minutes ago, Ghostly Gogglehead CC14 said:
Spoiler

Meet Bell/Belle, a new robot character made of wood!

Spoiler

I admit I might be jumping to conclusions here, but the color scheme resembling Eggman's Tinker outfit makes me wonder if he happened to make her just before he went back to normal.

• Thumbs Up 9

20 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Hide contents

I admit I might be jumping to conclusions here, but the color scheme resembling Eggman's Tinker outfit makes me wonder if he happened to make her just before he went back to normal.

Spoiler

I mean. Her name's Belle. Tinker. Belle.

• Thumbs Up 5

49 minutes ago, Ghostly Gogglehead CC14 said:

Mysterious cover character revealed in a tease for the NYCC panel:

Hide contents

Meet Bell/Belle, a new robot character made of wood!

Spoiler

Guess that rules out Sticks finally getting in.

Getting Kido/Puppetmon vibes from her.

32 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Hide contents

Oh, neat observation.

30 minutes ago, Zaysho said:
  Reveal hidden contents

9 minutes ago, The KKM said:
  Hide contents

I mean. Her name's Belle. Tinker. Belle.

Spoiler

She also looks kinda like Pinocchio, who was created by an kind elderly man.

Anyway, her design feels kinda off. I know it's concept art, but she's supposed to look mechanical (wooden)/stiff while her expression is organic/flexible.

A closer look at the art also shows her popping tools out of her fingers, which is also quite Tinker-esque.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Nose goes...

That's a honker.

Yeah, it's really weird. I can only imagine she was made with Eggmanland in mind.

• Chuckle 1

Spoiler

Belle is a super cleaver way of carrying on the Tinker legacy. Like 1000IQ big brain move. Her just being around lets you stuff all that drama into a tactical can and be preserved to be deployed at a later date.

Will Eggman have a hate-boner for her? Will he find himself hesitant to raise a hand against her? At some point, Eggy's going to have to confront his feelings about that phase again. He could double down on his convictions, or he could show off more of his complicated nature. Its a win-win either way and a fantastic way of capitalizing on past story-lines.

Between This and Jewel, Evan is showing a knack for maximizing the impact of non-primary characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:
  Hide contents

Belle is a super cleaver way of carrying on the Tinker legacy. Like 1000IQ big brain move. Her just being around lets you stuff all that drama into a tactical can and be preserved to be deployed at a later date.

Will Eggman have a hate-boner for her? Will he find himself hesitant to raise a hand against her? At some point, Eggy's going to have to confront his feelings about that phase again. He could double down on his convictions, or he could show off more of his complicated nature. Its a win-win either way and a fantastic way of capitalizing on past story-lines.

Between This and Jewel, Evan is showing a knack for maximizing the impact of non-primary characters.

Spoiler

... Evan's not done anything with Jewel yet? You sure you're not thinking of some other character?

1 minute ago, The KKM said:
  Hide contents

... Evan's not done anything with Jewel yet? You sure you're not thinking of some other character?

Spoiler

Oh, I was under the impression that Even picked up last issue and was responsible for throwing Jewel at the desk work which in turn free's up Amy.

Either way, i like the utilization of background characters. By being smart about how/and when they are used, they can have a substantial cascading effect on the overall narrative. Even without dominating screentime.

Spoiler

Man I really wonder what Belle's reaction will be when she finds out Tinker's true nature.

And I also wonder what Eggman's reaction will be, since he felt complicated about his Tinker persona earlier.

Assuming Tinker did build her before going back to Eggman... (which is kinda likely at this point)

I hope Blaze doesn't accidentally burn our new character...

EDIT: Did someone already post additional preview pages of Bad Guys #1?

Spoiler

EjpKrGRWkAAWlCT?format=jpg&name=smallEjpKrgJX0AE6Tdb?format=jpg&name=small

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

I hope Blaze doesn't accidentally burn our new character...

EDIT: Did someone already post additional preview pages of Bad Guys #1?

Reveal hidden contents

EjpKrGRWkAAWlCT?format=jpg&name=smallEjpKrgJX0AE6Tdb?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

And there they are, on their way to being finished it seems.

I kinda hope Zavok is a secondary/coincidental choice here

I know it’s been hard keeping up with release dates but Bad Guys #1 came out today.

046403B0-FE46-4F72-AC39-CF79888EAD6B.thumb.jpeg.d8230d683a5e8cb2467583680b3e51d3.jpeg   

Starline giving Zavok the lead is not something I wouldn’t expect but I guess he’s still more comfortable calling the shots in an indirect manner. Curious to see who gets the last laugh from this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I summon Pot of Greed!

Things get really heated in Bad Guys.

this is obviously an edit, don't take it seriously

• Thumbs Up 6