Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

It's one thing having these abilities, but can his body handle it for long periods of time? I can see a Deku/One For All situation coming. He can deal some damage, but some of it will come back on him. Either that, or he'll burn through the power core too quickly. 

Another point to consider, would the hypnosis work on the same target twice?

So far it seems he can only use them one at a time, not all at the same time. I don't think he's been able to amp himself with all three powers at once.

He might well do as a desperate measure, and nearly destroy himself in the process. Either that, or repeated use of any of the powers could wear him down.

Someone did say on here that Starline was looking more grizzled. There may be a few side-effects already.

And no one even mentioned that he has electric shoes.

Frankly I think Flynn made mistake by showing us HOW hypnosis works. If we assumed that Starline first has to beat you up, tie to chair and then very patiently repeat "you're sleeeeepy", his hypnosis would be manageable. But Bad Guys showed it's insta move, with zero preparations and that makes it OP.

Maybe it doesn't work if you're prepared for it?

5 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

Here is an easy fix for the tricore op, he can only use one between power, speed and flight at a time

Isn't that what was already shown? It's still OP because he can immediately swap to a different one.

It may have been better if they showed him constantly or initially struggling to use each core to it's full potential. Like not being able to turn/brake properly in speed, jumping/floating too much in flight, using too much force in power. Would've matched with what we were shown pre-ElectroSpurs (not a physical fighter).

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up - issue 36 is apparently delayed again and pushed back to January. The new release date is being reported differently on different websites:

Comixology: January 6, 2021.
PreviewsWorld: January 13, 2021.

(Original release dates: 23 December, then 30 December)

What a pants cliffhanger to leave it on after issue 35.

In other news, Volume 3 is coming out in Japan with a limited SEGA store variant cover. (I think its actually a more appropriate cover.)

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

When does BGs 4 come out. Though we sort of know how it ends since the current main arc takes place after it.

I only watch twitter but if this is correct, it's apparently December 23, 2020.

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Evan Stanley made Christmas Costumes for Tangle, Whisper, & Belle! 🤩

EpidPn7U8AAkHwv?format=jpg&name=largeEpidO5hUUAA2sI-?format=jpg&name=largeEpLneR4UYAIP734?format=jpg&name=large

Awww!!  Those designs are so cute!!!

Totes adorable

But that Belle pic got me thinking: is her hair made of wood? I never thought about them as so, but logic dictates so and this pic is has very wooden feel.

Of course all Sonic characters are freaks with plasticine instead of fur, so whatever.

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Totes adorable

But that Belle pic got me thinking: is her hair made of wood? I never thought about them as so, but logic dictates so and this pic is has very wooden feel.

Of course all Sonic characters are freaks with plasticine instead of fur, so whatever.

Wait, her hair?

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Totes adorable

I suppose he hair could be fabric or felt or something.

13 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

EpidPn7U8AAkHwv?format=jpg&name=largeEpidO5hUUAA2sI-?format=jpg&name=largeEpLneR4UYAIP734?format=jpg&name=large

They look nice (and I agree that Tangle is the best looking one), but there's one thing that I noticed...

Belle's costume is... almost exactly the same as that Amy one from a certain mobile game. And the special event for said costume uses the word "belle" in its title even without directly referencing the actual character.

I wonder if they wanted to add Belle to the game but were not allowed to, or what... They clearly wanted to capitalize on the new IDW character, but since Tangle and Whisper are already in the game, the fact that they made a bootleg copy of Belle into an Amy costume instead of putting in the real thing is really weird.

10 minutes ago, Iko said:

They look nice (and I agree that Tangle is the best looking one), but there's one thing that I noticed...

Belle's costume is... almost exactly the same as that Amy one from a certain mobile game. And the special event for said costume uses the word "belle" in its title even without directly referencing the actual character.

I wonder if they wanted to add Belle to the game but were not allowed to, or what... They clearly wanted to capitalize on the new IDW character, but since Tangle and Whisper are already in the game, the fact that they made a bootleg copy of Belle into an Amy costume instead of putting in the real thing is really weird.

It's likely a coincidence, since this is something Stanley did for fun.

3 hours ago, Iko said:

Evan admits that Christmas Belle's costume is inspired by Jingle Bell Amy.

She also confirmed that Tangle used glue to keep her decorations on her tail...

On 12/19/2020 at 7:31 AM, Sonictrainer said:

Tangle's outfit is my favourite. 

So is Jewel's.

• Thumbs Up 2