Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

30 minutes ago, Korke said:

That's more likely to happen, but still it was a poor decision to announce it.

Now people will always bring questions to the table. That could had been easily avoided...

They did avoid it, for 15 years. The only reason they said anything was because they were asked about the world idea in an interview randomly. It was on a need-to-know basis, but it's been mistaken for a sudden change in approach despite the one-world idea only being assumed by fans and never actually said officially.

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Would it be safe to expect the issue 6 solicit tomorrow?

Yep. Second to last Wednesday of the month, so solicits should be released across the board.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

18 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They did avoid it, for 15 years. The only reason they said anything was because they were asked about the world idea in an interview randomly. It was on a need-to-know basis, but it's been mistaken for a sudden change in approach despite the one-world idea only being assumed by fans and never actually said officially.

The New252 probably added to that as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Yep. Second to last Wednesday of the month, so solicits should be released across the board.

This does make me wonder how Eggman arrived in Sonic's world and vice versa.

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Chris's portal and a Warp Ring, respectively.

12 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I suppose that, like Fleetway, he got there by accident. Sonic had to follow deliberately.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The games did "avoid", but at the point when the interview happened those stories were already being dismissed/not taken seriously, it was already post-06 times IIRC.

I still take the idea of the two worlds thing always being a thing with a grain of salt. It was never mentioned or how it’s a thing all this time, and Sonic X was assumed a different thing (and even that alone has major plot holes). I really don’t buy it one bit. They probably just quickly thought of Sonic X when they were asked this and just claimed it was always a thing, and told Flynn to say it was always a thing. Just assuming.

4 minutes ago, antyep said:

I still take the idea of the two worlds thing always being a thing with a grain of salt. It was never mentioned or how it’s a thing all this time, and Sonic X was assumed a different thing (and even that alone has major plot holes). I really don’t buy it one bit. They probably just quickly thought of Sonic X when they were asked this and just claimed it was always a thing, and told Flynn to say it was always a thing. Just assuming.

Entirely possible. After all, was Iuzuka really a voice for SEGA before 06? Beyond creating Shadow, I mean.

He's been a voice for SEGA since SA1 came out.

Also Chris is not a game character so don't try to use Sonic X where it doesn't apply.

Guys, remember Archie Preboot? When Mobius was post-apocaliptic Earth, some humans had 4 fingers and were called Overlanders? Yeah, that was kinda stupid.

And what Flynn did? Pretty much didn't talked about it. And everyone was happy.

This is very similar scenario.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Also Chris is not a game character so don't try to use Sonic X where it doesn't apply.

That is why Sonic X had two worlds, because it was based off the Sonic canon

They sure applied it. Yes it’s not canon to the games, but I meant they quickly thought of Sonic X’s two world concept as a last minute so to not look so dumb that they never thought about it.

The point was more for DRG suggesting that game Eggman used a portal of a character that wouldn't be there.

But otherwise, Sonic X probably got two worlds from the games, not the other way around.

16 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Wait, so he made Big, Chaos, and the Knuckles Tribe too?

16 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The point was that he probably created similar portal and ended up in Sonic's world.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the recipient. :P

• Nice Smile 1

11 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, so he made Big, Chaos, and the Knuckles Tribe too?

Yes, and the Chao too (he said in an interview he created the chao to attract players who arent used to high speed platforming, and as the player have fun with the chao they can choose to explore the areas and levels and actually progress and have fun with the speed platforming too).

(That's how I got into Sonic in the first place :lol:)

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

You mean the presence of the other chracters?

The new cover has better pose, better eyes and peaks, and better colors.

No, i mean i don't know what it is, but it is there, and it feels more sonic-y.

• Promotion 1

11 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Yes, and the Chao too

Ah, of course.

11 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

(he said in an interview he created the chao to attract players who arent used to high speed platforming, and as the player have fun with the chao they can choose to explore the areas and levels and actually progress and have fun with the speed platforming too).

(That's how I got into Sonic in the first place :lol:)

Now that's how you add time and variety to a game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Ah, of course.

Now that's how you add time and variety to a game.

Definitely. If it wasn't for the hours and hours spent raising my Chao I probably wouldn't be as into Sonic stuff as I am now. Would love to see them appear frequently in backgrounds of the IDW comics, I loved how they would cameo in Jon Gray's pencils often. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

In my childhood me and brothers and sisters and friends were around the computer raising the chao :D

And at the end we were around the computer beating Perfect Chaos B)

And then we got Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes... But as we grew up they moved on, and me too. But I returned to Sonic this year after discovering the awesome Sonic Boom show, and the announcement of IDW comics.

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Guys, remember Archie Preboot? When Mobius was post-apocaliptic Earth, some humans had 4 fingers and were called Overlanders? Yeah, that was kinda stupid.

And what Flynn did? Pretty much didn't talked about it. And everyone was happy.

This is very similar scenario.

Actually, I did like that setting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Minor update: If you pre-order the new Sonic Crash Course board game from Gamestop, you'll get this exclusive variant of Issue 1:

Spoiler

img_3081.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

That seems rather eh for a variant to be honest. The original cover was fine for the record, but this just seems on the cheap side.

...Wait, the variant is the one that looks least like it's classic Sonic inspired? For the classic Sonic board game?

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Korke said:

Actually, I did like that setting.

Please elaborate.

26 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

That seems rather eh for a variant to be honest. The original cover was fine for the record, but this just seems on the cheap side.

...Wait, the variant is the one that looks least like it's classic Sonic inspired? For the classic Sonic board game?

Yeah, seriously.

• Nice Smile 1

46 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Please elaborate.

I also kinda liked it. It had this 90 sci-fi flair that I really liked, and it was a pretty fun story, and led to some cool moment (like the discovery of Station Square, or the attack of the Xorda). What I disliked was when they had the horrible idea of linking an ancestor of Robotnik to the end of earth, even if I kinda liked the arc where Shadow and Sonic battles while a program is starting to terraform Mobius or something It was a fun idea, and SA2.5 was maybe one of the best Boller arc (I reallylike that (my memories are a bit fuzzy ). It wasn't perfect but was fun. (tbh I have many things I dislike in the writing of the Pre-Flynn era, but the sci-fi wasn't one of those).

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Please elaborate.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

When Mobius was post-apocaliptic Earth, some humans had 4 fingers and were called Overlanders

• Nice Smile 1