Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, JosepHenry said:

I see but Ian doesnt just turn Shadow into Knuckles, they are completely different characters.

Oh I trust flynn not to do that, he seems to be the only competent writer working on a sonic related thing at the moment. What I am saying is that  could understand ones concern. Though forces, a game where shadow was largely absent and one comic does not convince me that sega is trying to do that. But on some level I can KINDA get someone being concerned. Not even saying his concern is valid

34 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Hide contents

Also it seems the mysterious-dr-claw-like-villain will be revealed fairly soon, unless it's not him, but someone he will send to get the job done, anyways, this is building to something, and i hope that it pays off.

I kinda hope it's the latter, with the Big Bad's reveal being in near tandem.

56 minutes ago, Drifting Jack said:

I'm glad things are not being spoiled. We don't know a thing about what happens to him.

And the cover clearly doesn't include all the characters, since Whisper doesn't appear either but he's mentioned in the solicit.

Hopefully it's not another Sky Patrol, I didn't mind it honestly but people had problems with the gang staying permanently up there.

You know what, I kinda am too.

Whisper is a girl, iirc.

To be fair, the Sky Patrol was a convenient way of carrying the Unbreakable Bond, Team Rose, and the Freedom Fighters together during the Shattered World Crisis. They were clearly showing signs of toning down on it's reliance anyway.

51 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

I find it hilarious Extreme Gear will be showing up before the Babylon Rogues.

To be fair, the Rogues in general are kinda overspecialized and have been pretty weird to fit into situations lately.

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Also maybe they just didn't have enough hover boards.

Though I mean shadow can like, fly and shit now so I guess that doesn't matter? 

Or, maybe those three are just the ones picked for the cover due to their star power and to keep the cover from being too cluttered.

Forget that--Shadow's always wearing his gear, technically.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Or, maybe those three are just the ones picked for the cover due to their star power and to keep the cover from being too cluttered.

Forget that--Shadow's always wearing his gear, technically.

I mean if that was the reason, shadow would be in the front. 

I'm just interested in where the story is going if burning blaze is involved and just her

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

All of Sonic's friends, or all of Sonic's teammates, or comrades, it doesn't make a difference.

... I don't get this response? I'm sorry?

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

... I don't get this response? I'm sorry?

You're nitpicking about the word "friend". We could say "all Sonic characters in this epic adventure" instead of "all Sonic's friends" it wouldn't and make a difference.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

You're nitpicking about the word "friend". We could say "all Sonic characters in this epic adventure" instead of "all Sonic's friends" it wouldn't and make a difference.

I didn't say anything about the word friend?

I was talking about characterization?

44 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Shadow is not Sonics friend. It's obviously illustrated in this cover.

You did. They are rivals yes, but the solicitations didnt mean to make them besties, it meant to tell all Sonic characters are there.

So here's a thought that just crossed my mind: Do you think Rough n' Tumble already had contact with the Mystery Monster?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You did. They are rivals yes, but the solicitations didnt mean to make them besties, it meant to tell all Sonic characters are there.

That's not me?

17 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Ohh my bad, you have the same default profile pic as Dash Speed :p

I mistaken these two more than once too. This is why I really wish everyone had avatar. Come on guys, I'll help picking.

• Chuckle 7

3 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

uGk9X1.jpg

Oh look there’s Cream.

AND GEMERL

Awesome cover!

And Hi Cream, Cheese and Gmerl!

Oh. My. Gosh. That cover... It is GLORIOUS. :D

Wow, I am sooo psyched to see Burning Blaze on the cover! Front and center with Sonic and Knuckles even! And oh, extreme gears? How cool. I wonder if we will see the Babylon Rogues before long? Nathalie's covers don't always reflect what's in the comic, so I don't want to get too excited but I also don't think it'd be fair for her to tease Burning Blaze, EX gears, and not to mention all of those characters! Please tell me we will get Cream and Cheese before long! And Gemerl too? Didn't expect to see him. Omega too. 😮 

I am so pumped for this! The fact the Blaze is front and center with Sonic and Knuckles has me intrigued and I am hoping it's because there's something exciting in the works for her, like maybe she has an extra special reason for fighting. I mean, she does have a bit of a mysterious reason for being there at all, what with the Sol Emeralds dragging her to Sonic's world once again. I don't think Flynn would just shoehorn her in without planning something interesting to unfold. Or it could simply just be an epic cover that throws Blaze a bone for funsies. Who knows? I really want to see Whisper, however. I guess her lack of presence on the cover means they wanna keep her a mystery a little longer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

uGk9X1.jpg

Oh look there’s Cream.

AND GEMERL

Aaah, they're all here! Everyone's lookin' good!

2 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Is Blaze just fuckin' flying? Can she do that?

On her own, she can just hover like Shadow. But Burning Blaze is a Super form in everything but name. She could fly in the true final bosses of Rush and Rush Adventure with no trouble.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Do you wonder why Diana Skelly didn't join the IDW yet?

Didn't she have an issue pencilling whole arcs or something? Perhaps she's just busy.

Regular Sonic on his extreme gear II looks so much cooler to me for some reason...

Knuckles' gear is accurate, neat...

Weird how Blaze doesn't have her own, she was in Zero Gravity...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Is Blaze just fuckin' flying? Can she do that?

Of course she can, everyone can fly. You can't?

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Hell, even Amy can fly according to that one Archie Sonic X issue.

Oh yeah. What the heck were they thinking there?

I love how all the characters are reunited together on this epic adventure! I hope we see some nice interactions.

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Has it been confirmed what species whisper is?

I think Evan Stanley said there would be a bird ally introduced in this series...

• Thumbs Up 1