Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Hard to say, but if IDW's Limited imprint is getting some original art from the artists, they may be putting together another special package for Sonic at some point. They've produced some art plates to go with limited edition books in the past, like their various TMNT releases (like "Secret History of the Foot Clan"). Just posting in case anyone's interested.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope this comic isn't the worst scenario possible. Well, 2nd worst. 

Sonic and shadow have a fight that's not drawn very well is inconclusive and doesn't really convey anything about shadow's character, because they wasted a whole issue fighting. 

That would suck

46 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar pages
IDW6Prev4.png?width=280&height=430
IDW6Prev5.png?width=280&height=430

Dat Magic School Bus reference

Espio can't keep up

"...Cheer from the Sidelines" "No!"

'Did I do daaat?'

Didn't expect the backdrop of a Sonic and Shadow fight to be so funny :lol:

32 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Hard to say, but if IDW's Limited imprint is getting some original art from the artists, they may be putting together another special package for Sonic at some point. They've produced some art plates to go with limited edition books in the past, like their various TMNT releases (like "Secret History of the Foot Clan"). Just posting in case anyone's interested.

Someone's been stretching more than their tail

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar pages
IDW6Prev4.png?width=280&height=430
IDW6Prev5.png?width=280&height=430

Sonic, you could've broken the house down!

The Chaotic section reminds me of Japanese manga.

Don't mean to sound weird, but I am happy to see Rouge's boobs. (I may be wrong, but my impression of Archie Rouge is her sexiness toned down). Also happy she's not so much of a "mom".

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Don't mean to sound weird,

Too late

But, uh.. they are more apparent than Tracy Yardley (or Archie in general) usually drawed

I mean not to sound like a creep but they are way more...pronounced than normal. I don't really have a problem with it Rouge is busty. That's just a fact of her design. Archie I assumed toned them down to "protect the children" from...uh...the fact breasts exist.  

23 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Also happy she's not so much of a "mom".

You didnt like her being the one to calm everyone down?

13 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Why does Sonic look like he has pleasure from beating up Shadow with that psycho smile?

He's excited. He's Sonic, he does snarky smiles.

..but yeah, maybe in this particular situation, a serious frown would be more appropriate. It is kind of weird

He's silently taunting Shadow cuz he managed to gain the upper hand for a moment there when previously he was just barely managing to stop Shadow from getting to his target. Personally I take the fact he's dropped any quips as the "taking this more seriously than normal" indicator, heh.

• Thumbs Up 2

It’s like Sonic wants to say “Bitch, I give zero fucks if you’re stronger than me.”

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

On 6/20/2018 at 10:22 PM, Shadowlax said:

I think this one worked better personally because the reasoning fit and its escalated well, rather than just clashing. When Shadow and crew get to the island, knuckles is just kind of a dick, yeah like shadow ends up also being a dick. But knuckles just for whatever reason , doesn't trust a guy he literally saw defeat the thing he was warning him about and knuckles doesn't remember the terrible consequences of what happens. Now when shadow goes to try and take the emerald himself that felt natural, however the tension before that just kinda felt like the author needed to force some animosity that wasn't really there because... it kinda felt like outside of the emerald these character shouldn't really have issues. This becomes super apparent in the next meet up where they bond and understand each other, I actually found that way more interesting than them fighting. Not every interaction needs to be a battle, and knuckles and shadow being a suprising set of friends is way more interesting than forced conflict

luckily this, for what we have seen so far doesn't seem to forced, though i've known a comic or two to pull a contrivance out of their rear later in  the story so here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Doesn't Knuckles know Shadow from many of his clashes/teamups with Sonic and Rouge as she's his own rival? Shadow bonding with characters he fights is not ingrained in his character from the games, he's supposed to be a dissenting ally and an even more hostile opponent who basically starts fighting the second he is provoked or his opponent fails to meet his demands. 

Why does Sonic look like he has pleasure from beating up Shadow with that psycho smile?

Cuz Sonic is a secret Sociopath that enjoys fights with his Shadow(lol sonadow joke) more than any rival he's ever fought against? And Shadow pretty much low key views Sonic as who has nothing but contempt for everything he stands for, cept maybe a worthy opponent.

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Part of me feels like that grin is to really get under Shadow's skin and draw his attention away from his target in addition to the sudden attack. It's basically saying, "Fight me, jerk. I dare you."

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Part of me feels like that grin is to really get under Shadow's skin and draw his attention away from his target in addition to the sudden attack. It's basically saying, "Fight me, jerk. I dare you."

That's what I get out if it too. Sonic is just baiting Shadows ego to ensure that the focus remains on him rather than veering back to the guy he is trying to protect. 

Sonic is known for his ability to rile up his opposition. Dude can weaponize snark with the best of them when he has too

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That's what I get out if it too. Sonic is just baiting Shadows ego to ensure that the focus remains on him rather than veering back to the guy he is trying to protect. 

Sonic is known for his ability to rile up his opposition. Dude can weaponize snark with the best of them when he has too

But Sonic knows(or should know) Shadow deep down is right and wouldn't change what he has done in the past which makes Eggman irredeemable and unsympathetic, he should not take pleasure in opposing a action that can save the lives of billions. This kinda shows a dark context here, Sonic's the sociopathic fun seeker to Shadow's sane justice seeker. Sonic knows if Shadow kills Eggman, he won't have anymore fun. This is kinda disturbing, a hedgehog known for his ruthless cruelty and brutality in order to fuifll the greater good is being stopped by the hero who wants nothing more than to postpone uncertain peril so he can have fun and enjoyment.

Sonic's a selfish asshole, kinda like Goku. He doesn't want Shadow to win so he provokes him for his own amusement and to stop him from getting rid of his eternal game with Eggman. Shadow should beat his ass with no Mercy XD!

21 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic's a selfish asshole, kinda like Goku. He doesn't want Shadow to win so he provokes him for his own amusement and to stop him from getting rid of his eternal game with Eggman.

Gonna have to stop you there. Sonic obviously doesn't want Eggman to keep terrorizing the world; it's more an issue of Sonic not wanting Eggman dead because it's the right. 

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

But Sonic knows(or should know) Shadow deep down is right, he should not take pleasure in opposing a action that can save the lives of billions. This kinda shows a dark context here, Sonic's the sociopathic fun seeker to Shadow's sane justice seeker. Sonic knows if Shadow kills Eggman, he won't have anymore fun. This is kinda disturbing, a hedgehog known for his ruthless cruelty and brutality in order to fuifll the greater good is being stopped by the hero who wants nothing more than to postpone uncertain peril so he can have fun and enjoyment.

Sonic's a selfish asshole, kinda like Goku. He doesn't want Shadow to win so he provokes him for his own amusement and to stop him from getting rid of his eternal game with Eggman. Shadow should beat his ass with no Mercy XD!

7 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

Cuz Sonic is a secret Sociopath that enjoys fights with his Shadow(lol sonadow joke) more than any rival he's ever fought against? And Shadow pretty much low key views Sonic as who has nothing but contempt for everything he stands for, cept maybe a worthy opponent.

I don't think you know the characters well. If this is how you interpret them, I guess that's fine, but you're stating it as if it's fact.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Gonna have to stop you there. Sonic obviously doesn't Eggman to keep terrorizing the world; it's more an issue of Sonic not wanting Eggman dead. 

It's to late, eggman is a threat to mankind and animal kind itself and has been too much for the law to handle. Theres no reason Sonic should have kept Eggman alive after all this time if he cared enough to protect the well beings of anyone who've had their lives ruined or killed because of him, other than the fact Sonic is selfishly keeping Eggman alive because he finds joy and excitement in stopping him every time he threatens the world and views him as a game to finish than a threat to elimate for the sake of the world. Shadow is doing the only sane thing, Eggman has got to go. On a logical standpoint, Sonic is the bad guy for thinking Eggman can be redeemed since he knows he can't make up for a lifetime of evil and misery on millions of innocent lives. Plus Eggman is playing Sonic for a fool, this isn't really him being a new conscious.

8 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

It's to late, eggman is a threat to mankind and animal kind itself and has been too much for the law to handle. Theres no reason Sonic should have kept Eggman alive after all this time if he cared enough to protect the well beings who've had their lives ruined because of him, other than the fact Sonic is selfishly keeping Eggman alive because he finds joy and excitement in stopping him every time he threatens the world and views him as a game to finish than a threat to elimate for the sake of the world. Shadow is doing the only sane thing, Eggman has got to go.

Well, canonically Sonic wants to give Eggman another chance given the amnesia. I feel like your love for Shadow may be going too far given that you like demonizing anyone who dares oppose him.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, RedFox99 said:

Well, canonically Sonic wants to give Eggman a chance. I feel like your love for Shadow may be going too far given that you like putting anyone who dares oppose him.

Heck, I don't even think he has a love for Shadow, since he doesn't get parts of his character right. (Such as Shadow hating Sonic [not true], etc.) 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Well, canonically Sonic wants to give Eggman a chance. I feel like your love for Shadow may be going too far given that you like putting anyone who dares oppose him.

Sonic is a freedom loving headonist sociopath who wants to keep a mass murding monster alive, he doesn't have the right to pardon Eggman of various crimes nor does he want to, he just wants Eggman to be source of his thrills after all. Shadow is doing the right thing and me being a fan doesn't change the fact you can't say he's doing something wrong.

1 minute ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic is a freedom loving headonist sociopath who wants to keep a mass murding monster alive, he doesn't have the right to pardon Eggman of various crimes nor does he want to, he just wants Eggman to be source of his thrills after all. 

That's your opinion, not fact.

3 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic is a freedom loving headonist sociopath who wants to keep a mass murding monster alive, he doesn't have the right to pardon Eggman of various crimes nor does he want to, he just wants Eggman to be source of his thrills after all. 

That would imply that Sonic would have a flaw, and we all know SEGA hates that.