Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Why does everyone hate Kieran Gates covers so much? I really dig the layout here it gives a cool view of the villain watching Sonic speed toward him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something neat: On the control panel, the buttons on the left side resemble those of a Dreamcast controller and the ones on the right resemble a MegaDrive/Genesis!

• Thumbs Up 7

Is it me or does the comic uses a lot of Sonic Heroes imagery?

I guess they still trying to not overuse classic imagery, Adventure tittles are too realistic (let's face it even I'm not interested in most SA1 badniks or Station Square), Shadow and 06 can go to hell and Unleashed was already prominent in Archie Reboot. Colors and Lost World were in space, Generations in white void, so Heroes is perfect balance to less-colorful Forces imagery.

Hey, I'm not complaining. Now I want Egg Pawn Wizards and Hang Castle..

• Thumbs Up 2

Strange that Aaron is not in the Comic Con panel but Iizuka is there, even though it's mostly a comics panel I think they will reveal something about TSR, and what suprises? Possibly...? I don't know.

7 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Here is a thing.

Looking forward to watch the panel.

11 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Neat new cover for Issue 7 revealed:

"Witness this invincible battleship, built by the hands of a genius! Its power...UNMATCHED THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE!"

Man, now I really wanna revisit Heroes.

Nice. Interesting villain pov cover and I like the Genesis/Mega Drive nod.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Adventure tittles are too realistic (let's face it even I'm not interested in most SA1 badniks or Station Square)

Most SA1 badniks are just existing badniks, but they look different...the only new one is the chameleon.

That fire centipede is just the caterkiller jr. but without bubbles and is a centipede, that's mostly what I meant.

It's even based on it, apparently.

But there were the neet ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else wondering why the "dropship" or whatever from Blaze's issue was a giant Buzzer?

10 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Why does everyone hate Kieran Gates covers so much? I really dig the layout here it gives a cool view of the villain watching Sonic speed toward him.

I don't hate it, it's just, aren't comics supposed to show off characters and settings in dynamic angles?

This is probably the most spacious and for lack of a better word super-symmetrical cover I've ever seen.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Adventure tittles are too realistic

Oooooh myyyyy....!

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Colors and Lost World were in space, .

Um...what? They still had Badniks and Egg Pawns in them.

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

????

????????????

????????????????

...ok, now I'm missing those guys a little

Oh yeah, the "Egg Babies."

I'd like to see them and the flying purple snakes in 2d as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the cover, especially with the game controller buttons on the control panel.

As someone who has collected comics for nearly 2 decades this is honestly super basic. It was like lets take one angle on a straight path, add a  little blue, knock a egg pawn off his feet.......ok lets call it a day.

No hate really as a artist does what they can with their skill but damn if this isnt just bland.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe that this is the MAIN cover, when the other ones are SO much better.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I can't believe that this is the MAIN cover, when the other ones are SO much better.

Hmm...why does that sound familar?

But yeah, that's the final straw(for lack of a better term) on the matter.

Wait

Whoah , Whoah Whoah

Forget my issues with shadow's characterization. Forget my issues with the story, pacing, the fight scene. 

Did they just avoid having people see shadow? Like that story could have ended way better if it was some kid convincing him to kill egg-man and not sonic, making shadow looking like a jerkbag. But also forget that, shouldn't they be mad at shadow? I mean he was literally running around.. or  at least copies of him were running around for months murdering folks. They aren't gonna address that? That would make way more interesting story. 

How will the continents between the two or three worlds work? Will they be named like Eurish, Northamer, etc. like in the post-reboot world, will they use the Unleashed names as continents rather than nations or cities, or will the human world just use real continents? 

42 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Wait

Whoah , Whoah Whoah

Forget my issues with shadow's characterization. Forget my issues with the story, pacing, the fight scene. 

Did they just avoid having people see shadow? Like that story could have ended way better if it was some kid convincing him to kill egg-man and not sonic, making shadow looking like a jerkbag. But also forget that, shouldn't they be mad at shadow? I mean he was literally running around.. or  at least copies of him were running around for months murdering folks. They aren't gonna address that? That would make way more interesting story. 

That's what I was getting at--the events of both Forces and Episode Shadow have seemingly no bearing on Shadow's motivation nor standing!

6 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

How will the continents between the two or three worlds work? Will they be named like Eurish, Northamer, etc. like in the post-reboot world, will they use the Unleashed names as continents rather than nations or cities, or will the human world just use real continents? 

I'm wondering if they can even get away with using some Archie's continents.

I'd assume the human world's continents may get either new names or be the same as usual.

" Where did shadow go during forces " 

" Don't worry about it " 

" Shouldn't everyone be frightened of shadow because of the clones " 

" Don't worry about it " 

" How does silvers future work, if its a fixed timeline, how does silver know if eggman taking over the worlds needs him to even get involved if his future stays shitty, and if it does get shittier how can he even determine that eggman trying to take over the world one time made it worse and even needed him to arrive. And how would he know, he would be in fixed timeline so he wouldn't notice the effects on the timeline because they would be normal to him , and its fixed an eggman isn't doing time and space shenanigans so he wouldn't even being doing anything major  to require silver to travel back. He could potentially be making the future worse doing this actually. And if it isn't fixed , is silver just a time cop now? Is he just time patrol trunks? And just exists outside of time?"

"...Don't worry about it " 

Do we even know if fake Shadow did anything besides help beat up Sonic, then show up to get "killed" by real Shadow?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Do we even know if fake Shadow did anything besides help beat up Sonic, then show up to get "killed" by real Shadow?

Thousands of fake Shadows were in the final fight. I'd imagine a citizen who wasn't privy to what happened would be hella confused by that. 

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Thousands of fake Shadows were in the final fight. I'd imagine a citizen who wasn't privy to what happened would be hella confused by that. 

Confused, maybe. But the real Shadow was fighting alongside the heroes at that point. And that there were multiple Shadows would imply that it wasn't the Shadow going rogue and attacking people anyway.

And that's if the general public knows anything about what happened in the final fight anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1