Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

10 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

Waiting for actual sales data but I'm impressed by the amount of interest this comic is getting!

But interest is declining and the book is boring and Flynn's lost his touch and all that. 😛

Sorry. Couldn'thelp myself. 

19 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Does SBR2 just have this mysterious aura around him that makes it so certain people can’t tell that he’s BEING SARCASTIC?? 😛

Hey, there are people that aren't that good at detecting sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Hey, there are people that aren't that good at detecting sarcasm. 

Well on the internet it's not like real life. There is no voice tone.

I could type anything and people would interpret it differently.

42 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

You're saying the exact opposite of the facts.

The interest has risen, issue 6 sold more than issue 5.

..What? How does that even make sense?

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

You're saying the exact opposite of the facts.

The interest has risen, issue 6 sold more than issue 5.

That was sarcasm. Am I seriously that hard to read? I thought that was pretty obvious. 

I'm happy that the sales seems to be stable (even if we can't really know before more issues come), I hope it'll continue to be like that, in order to get a second book, or some mini-series (as I know that IDW likes mini-series xD) around secondary character, or why not alternates continuities. (Maybe that the two-weeks wait with Sonic Universe made me a little tiny bit spoiled xD)

What do you think would be the plot for a Sonic/Samurai Jack crossover comic by IDW? How would the characters play off of each other?

And how would a battle between Sonic, his friends and Aku go down? (No Super forms allowed) Not to mention a battle between Jack and Eggman?

6 hours ago, lulzers said:

What do you think would be the plot for a Sonic/Samurai Jack crossover comic by IDW? How would the characters play off of each other?

And how would a battle between Sonic, his friends and Aku go down? (No Super forms allowed) Not to mention a battle between Jack and Eggman?

Look, let's not jump into crossovers this early. I don't think those two series mesh together well, anyways. Does IDW even still HAVE the Samurai Jack license?  

7 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look, let's not jump into crossovers this early. I don't think those two series mesh together well, anyways. Does IDW even still HAVE the Samurai Jack license?  

Yeah, I know it's too early for crossovers, but I can't help but speculate.

Why do you think Sonic and Samurai Jack wouldn't be a good match?

And yes, they still have the license. They even released a new spin-off series recently called "Quantum Jack".

23 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Given that Sticks might appear in the comics, do you think they'll include Bygone island as well?

Well, they did said she might appear, but if Bygone Island appears i don't think it'll be the same as in the Boom series, i think it would be changed to a degree that the only thing it'll have in common to the Boom!Bygone Island is the name.

53 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Well, they did said she might appear, but if Bygone Island appears i don't think it'll be the same as in the Boom series, i think it would be changed to a degree that the only thing it'll have in common to the Boom!Bygone Island is the name.

Good point. The villagers would probably have major redesigns change if they appeared. 

10 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Look, let's not jump into crossovers this early.

Didn't stop TMNT from being a part of Infestation 2 early in its run.

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Given that Sticks might appear in the comics, do you think they'll include Bygone island as well?

Is that the place from the game?

11 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's the main setting of the TV show and some of the Boom games. 

Oh, well...I suppose that is a good question.

Wouldn't mind seeing it, but I'm not sure it's really that necessary for Sticks' character.

These surprises planned for the IDW Sonic panel have me pondering. Aaron seemed to imply that they would be comic related in the last stream when people were coaxing him about it being a new game etc.

So the only things I can think of that would warrent shock or surprise would be either the return of the SatAM cast, predictable after the amount of people asking after them and the love Ian has for them, or the announcement of a companion comic perhaps.

While I would like a new classic themed comic to run alongside the current modern one, I'm hoping it isn't an announcement that Mania Adventures will continue in comic form. Would much rather they green lit a cartoon or a second "season" of the web series than continuing it in a comic series.