Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

That's actually a very interesting premise.  A real challenge for Sonic, almost taunting him with his own strength by preventing him from being anything other than fast, and pushing him to the brink of exhaustion.

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like robotization? I mean, Sonic slowly turning to metal could be taken as being turned into a robot, especially with the hints of the Tinkerer from the released covers, I wonder if he's gonna plant a device on him or something.

The real kicker is if this would be a scheme devised my metal Sonic to physically take over Sonic's body. 

He could really take his obsession to the next level by litterally becoming Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The real kicker is if this would be a scheme devised my metal Sonic to physically take over Sonic's body. 

He could really take his obsession to the next level by litterally becoming Sonic. 

That actually sounds kinda interesting considering.

That reminds me of a novel (Sonic and the Tales of Deception) that came out recently, where Knuckles was infected by nanobots that were turning him into a robot and Sonic had to shrink to cure him or something.

3 hours ago, SBR2 said:

So anywho IDW had a kids Panel today and the plot of the next arc is that Sonic is infected by a device that is slowly turning him to metal everytime he runs.

So that's pretty unique. 

So this is under the IDW kids branch, right? I wonder if they’ll be allowed to launch something more akin to their Godzilla and Ghostbusters comics for older audiences now?

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Yeah...

Which one?

The one where Sonic got implanted with a chip that forced him to run constantly. I don't remember the episode very well so I'm not sure what the full explanation was but as I remember it, it wasn't that he couldn't stop or it'd explode or anything, he literally didn't have any control over himself.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

The one where Sonic got implanted with a chip that forced him to run constantly. I don't remember the episode very well so I'm not sure what the full explanation was but as I remember it, it wasn't that he couldn't stop or it'd explode or anything, he literally didn't have any control over himself.

Episode 24. Sonic gets in a fight with Eggman's robot of the episode, Lightning Bird, and a chip from inside it gets lodged in his ear. It activates and makes him go screwy so he can't stop running. It's not until he fights it again at the end of the episode that it gets dislodged and he's able to return to normal.

As for the tidbit for the comic, eh. It doesn't sound like a bad idea for a stand alone story, but having that be an "arc" doesn't sound particularly interesting.

Yeah I don't see it being a full arc, it could get boring eventually... but then again, this isn't much info, obviously it's not what the arc is about, we need more information, it's too early to say, but it looks unique and interesting as an idea.

6 hours ago, GentlemanX said:

As for the tidbit for the comic, eh. It doesn't sound like a bad idea for a stand alone story, but having that be an "arc" doesn't sound particularly interesting.

That's about where I'm at. This sounds like an excuse to try an tell another story. And what could go wrong

Remembers the werehog

Oh...

Just now, DabigRG said:

I would've imagined it'd be a twoparter at best anyway, since we'd be coming off an arc pretty fresh already.

I wonder who will draw this issue.

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I wonder who will draw this issue.

Given the slight focus on body horror, perhaps Evan Stanley?

Maybe even Steven Butler making a coming?

On 10/07/18 at 4:51 PM, FFWF said:

almost taunting him with his own strength by preventing him from being anything other than fast, and pushing him to the brink of exhaustion.

Sounds like Sonic Team's game design philosophy

• Thumbs Up 4

41 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Is there no release date for the TSR comic?

It’s releasing on October 31st last we heard.

Dunno if that will change now that game has supposedly been delayed.

Sneak peaks for year 2:

NEWS-Sonic13-659x343.jpg

"

IDW announced at NYCC that Sonic The Hedgehog #13 will be an extra-length issue to bring readers up to speed leading into their second year of publishing. “Year two is going to be huge for Sonic,” says editor David Mariotte. “We are upping the stakes with more villains, more adventures, and a new threat that’ll loom over the whole 2019 calendar!”

To start, Sonic takes a break after the momentous Battle of Angel Island. When Tails receives a mysterious tip that a friend has disappeared, he and Sonic race off into a brand-new adventure that’ll put them face-to-face and nose-to-nose with some old foes!

"

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Sneak peaks for year 2:

NEWS-Sonic13-659x343.jpg

"

IDW announced at NYCC that Sonic The Hedgehog #13 will be an extra-length issue to bring readers up to speed leading into their second year of publishing. “Year two is going to be huge for Sonic,” says editor David Mariotte. “We are upping the stakes with more villains, more adventures, and a new threat that’ll loom over the whole 2019 calendar!”

To start, Sonic takes a break after the momentous Battle of Angel Island. When Tails receives a mysterious tip that a friend has disappeared, he and Sonic race off into a brand-new adventure that’ll put them face-to-face and nose-to-nose with some old foes!

"

Is this Sonic the Hedgehog or The Lion King? :lol:

Seriously, though, good to see Rough n' Tumble back for a rumble and that Mystery Chairman is confirmed to not be their boss.

I'm excited for year 2! Even though this seems to contradict the previous teaser, I'm guessing they'll be shorter arcs with a threat that covers the whole story. Rough and Tumble seem like they've just been punished by their boss.