Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Sneak peaks for year 2:

NEWS-Sonic13-659x343.jpg

"

IDW announced at NYCC that Sonic The Hedgehog #13 will be an extra-length issue to bring readers up to speed leading into their second year of publishing. “Year two is going to be huge for Sonic,” says editor David Mariotte. “We are upping the stakes with more villains, more adventures, and a new threat that’ll loom over the whole 2019 calendar!”

To start, Sonic takes a break after the momentous Battle of Angel Island. When Tails receives a mysterious tip that a friend has disappeared, he and Sonic race off into a brand-new adventure that’ll put them face-to-face and nose-to-nose with some old foes!

"

Sauce?

My safe predictions for the end of year 1:

Spoiler

- Tangle and Whisper will interact, showcasing their opposite personalities, but no Shadow and Whisper interaction yet.

- Shadow will do his stubborn thing and Neo will use it to copy his data and that's what he needed for his "ascension"...

- ...Which will make him turn into Metal Overlord at the end of issue 10, Super Neo clearly isn't final form material, also because he transformed immediately, so more surprises are definitely coming.

- No Super Sonic, since no Chaos Emeralds are involved, also, Super was useless in Heroes so there is little point in having him, so they are gonna defeat Metal Overlord with a huge Team Blast.

- Metal will be defeated between the end of issue 11 or beginning of 12 and revert to his old form, he will escape and there will be other problems for the heroes to deal with.

- Knuckles and Blaze will be key players, Shadow in issue 11 will have to fix his mistake which caused Neo to transform.

- The Master Emerald may or may not end up broken, Knuckles will not destroy it like he did in Archie I hope, that would be repetitive, but maybe it ends up destroyed, I don't know, possibly to keep Knuckles around.

- Eggman will return in issue 12, and there will be ambiguity as to if he is still Mr. Tinker or not (spoiler: he is evil again).

I'm calling most of these, and I do hope they come true because they are the best possible outcome for me. Let me know your thoughts.

10 hours ago, Demon Hunter Ellipsis said:

https://www.idwpublishing.com/idws-show-stopping-new-york-comic-con-highlights/

This should be interesting. I wonder what Rough and Tumble will do this time? (If they're gonna do something that is)

It was lowkey alluded to in the article that revealed their designs that they were the type to potentially answer to a bigger villain if it's in their interest and they made it claer in their debut that they intended to get even with Sonic & Knuckles, so I'd say that's a definite yes.

Metal most likely we revert to basic neo. And escape. Issue could end with him literally falling in on mr tinker and the issue end there

When is the next issue due?

12 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Metal most likely we revert to basic neo. And escape. Issue could end with him literally falling in on mr tinker and the issue end there

Ow.

4 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

My safe predictions for the end of year 1:

Hide contents

- ...Which will make him turn into Metal Overlord at the end of issue 10, Super Neo clearly isn't final form material, also because he transformed immediately, so more surprises are definitely coming.

- No Super Sonic, since no Chaos Emeralds are involved, also, Super was useless in Heroes so there is little point in having him, so they are gonna defeat Metal Overlord with a huge Team Blast.

Spoiler

Metal Overlord's off-limits, according to Ian. And considering Super Sonic's what defeated him last time (How would Team Blast have worked otherwise? Eggman said they stood no chance without the Emeralds), Metal taking that for himself is the most logical option.

Ian didn't say, just that...

We're not allowed to use Metal Overlord.

https://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6130&sid=ebedc77208888ce2bf69fc5c4c036d14

Nothing of value lost, really. Neo's proven more capable here thanks to actually utilizing his power-copying, and his upgrade basically puts him on the opposite end of that boss fight.

That was some time ago, this is a different book with different rules, it's even possible they may be able to use Eggman Nega, so maybe they can use Metal Overlord? I just think there will be another final form, because of how quickly Neo transformed. I wouldn't mind new super forms. 

I only know about the mandate that Metal can't betray Eggman anymore.

I think future arcs shouldn't have all the characters, and only some to create interesting team-ups.

(e.g Sonic-Tails-Whisper, or Sonic-Knuckles-Tangle, or Sonic-Tails-Chaotix)

I only know about the mandate that Metal can't betray Eggman anymore

Whatever folks stances are on the mandates, I’m sure most will agree this is one mandate they can support.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was some time ago, this is a different book with different rules, it's even possible they may be able to use Eggman Nega, so maybe they can use Metal Overlord? I just think there will be another final form, because of how quickly Neo transformed. I wouldn't mind new super forms. 

I only know about the mandate that Metal can't betray Eggman anymore.

Spoiler

Does "giant robot dragon" really seem like a step-up from "Super form like the ones who beat said dragon, along with being able to steal people's powers just by staring at them?"  Super forms have always been the ultimate game-changers for the heroes, and although countless villains have used the Emeralds themselves, it's surprising how few of them actually thought to themselves, "Why don't I try using these things like those guys do?" Think of all the eldritch abominations Super Sonic has defeated- some as big as cities, others having power over time and space themselves-and then imagine what kind of damage a villain could do with that power- Especially one who's gone out of his way to ensure he's the only one who can access Chaos Energy and has an unlimited amount. Why transform further when you basically have everything already?

Really, if Neo can just copy Blaze, Shadow, and Silver's data, he'd be set for eternity.

Metal can't betray Eggman anymore? 

Isn't that lovely?

Does that limit his options of disobeying orders to challenge Sonic?

Because while he technically didn't betray Eggman in Free Riders, her certainly did something he wasn't suppose to in order to race Sonic with extreme gear.

7 hours ago, Fear-Metallix said:
  Hide contents

Metal Overlord's off-limits, according to Ian. And considering Super Sonic's what defeated him last time (How would Team Blast have worked otherwise? Eggman said they stood no chance without the Emeralds), Metal taking that for himself is the most logical option.

Still?

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I think future arcs shouldn't have all the characters, and only some to create interesting team-ups.)

Obviously.

1 hour ago, Fear-Metallix said:
  Hide contents

Does "giant robot dragon" really seem like a step-up from "Super form like the ones who beat said dragon, along with being able to steal people's powers just by staring at them?"  Super forms have always been the ultimate game-changers for the heroes, and although countless villains have used the Emeralds themselves, it's surprising how few of them actually thought to themselves, "Why don't I try using these things like those guys do?" Think of all the eldritch abominations Super Sonic has defeated- some as big as cities, others having power over time and space themselves-and then imagine what kind of damage a villain could do with that power- Especially one who's gone out of his way to ensure he's the only one who can access Chaos Energy and has an unlimited amount. Why transform further when you basically have everything already?

Really, if Neo can just copy Blaze, Shadow, and Silver's data, he'd be set for eternity.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.16974e0cbc1f4e3564910c002610f369.jpeg

54 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Metal can't betray Eggman anymore? 

Isn't that lovely?

Does that limit his options of disobeying orders to challenge Sonic?

Because while he technically didn't betray Eggman in Free Riders, her certainly did something he wasn't suppose to in order to race Sonic with extreme gear.

Wait, he really used Extreme Gear there? :lol:

He was disguised as a random E-10000000, so I don't think it was revealed to be Metal Sonic until after...maybe though.

If Metal Overlord is banned for whatever reason, could we still get Mecha Overlord as a replacement?

• Chuckle 1

Just now, Miragnarok said:

If Metal Overlord is banned for whatever reason, could we still get Mecha Overlord as a replacement?

I see what you did there.

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

He was disguised as a random E-10000000, so I don't think it was revealed to be Metal Sonic until after...maybe though.

I assume you didn't play the game then?

5 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Also I am not play X-Box of any kind.

It's not just Xbox, it's also Kinect!

Did anyone beat that game for fun?

• Chuckle 1

I'm sure they can come up with new super forms. Maybe something like Metallix? From SMBZ, because this whole arc is giving me that vibe...