Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Makes me wonder what the context is, though.

Breezie? (If she didn’t end up Classic-locked).

12 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Breezie? (If she didn’t end up Classic-locked).

The implication seems to be that Sonic and Tails found them at an awkward time.

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

At this point I'm not sure what emotions Tails is even allowed to express.

Does exposition count as an emotion?

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The company publishing the books in French has made an animated trailer!

I kinda like that style of that. Turned out kinda cool.

They even gave Blaze some spotlight.

4 hours ago, Diogenes said:

At this point I'm not sure what emotions Tails is even allowed to express.

I don't think anyone wants tails to be emotionless ( well besides those people who don't want charaters to talk or emote and just be vessels for gameplay ) its just that , they just keep writing him poorly

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

One could also argue that a more neutral part of the problem would be that Tails often shows too much emotion in those instances.

I don't think on its face, there's a problem with that. A dynamic where sonic is a more cool customer but gets himself in to trouble for not caring to much in the sense of just wandering into danger and adventure. And tails is a more calculated dude, and a bit more ration but emotional because he's a kid is genuinely interesting, and if that was written well it would be fine. But its written poorly, nothing tails has done ( for the most part ) has been inherently bad just executed poorly.

To be honest the only time he's been executed well in the past few years, is boom. And hey that's the one where he didn't have to worship the ground sonic walked on, and allowed him to be his own person. Weird, its almost as if when the characters are allowed to actually do things and be themselves ( outside of shadow as of late who is being positioned as an exception ) , they can be cool. Oh also the lego game, everyone was tight in the lego game

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Tails being able to snark back at Sonic. He's been around him for years so it's not impossible for it to have rubbed off on him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah but it needs to be toned down, I mean it's fine when they are mocking villains, because it's like standing up to the bully, but in general, Tails doesn't need to be a too self-confident, know it all jerk.

16 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

To be honest the only time he's been executed well in the past few years, is boom. And hey that's the one where he didn't have to worship the ground sonic walked on, and allowed him to be his own person. Weird, its almost as if when the characters are allowed to actually do things and be themselves ( outside of shadow as of late who is being positioned as an exception ) , they can be cool. 

I suppose that's true.

Which is funny, because that's where the notion of Tails being boring kinda clicked in for me.

19 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think on its face, there's a problem with that. A dynamic where sonic is a more cool customer but gets himself in to trouble for not caring to much in the sense of just wandering into danger and adventure. And tails is a more calculated dude, and a bit more ration but emotional because he's a kid is genuinely interesting, and if that was written well it would be fine. But its written poorly, nothing tails has done ( for the most part ) has been inherently bad just executed poorly.

To be honest the only time he's been executed well in the past few years, is boom. And hey that's the one where he didn't have to worship the ground sonic walked on, and allowed him to be his own person. Weird, its almost as if when the characters are allowed to actually do things and be themselves ( outside of shadow as of late who is being positioned as an exception ) , they can be cool. Oh also the lego game, everyone was tight in the lego game

How is Shadow the exception, praytell? The fact tails gets more appearances than Shadow in plots and marketability is proof shadow isn't the exception. 

13 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

How is Shadow the exception, praytell?

He's allowed to be a lone wolf kinda guy that shows up

Even in this comic he legit just bailed to do his own thing. In sonic boom ( which I think is more indactive of what sega wants to do with these characters than anyone wants to admit) he was some asshole by himself. And in forces, even though it was also do to them not being able to fix a plot hole, he was just... gone for most of the plot.

Sonic team really wants to move shadow away from team dark kinda and make him more of this mysterious lone wolf kinda dude , who also happens to have friends, it seems. Or at least if he's still apart of team dark for team games like racing, he's the leader who has free reign and can just go out and do whatever

So that's what I mant