Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Spoiler

Metal ended up being a rather dumb threat. This issue is considerably worst than the last two. Still not as bad as post-reboot stuff, tho, so I'll keep reading.

Spoiler

"Can I hang out with you guys all the time"

I'd rather have you not appear for a long time, Tangle, kek.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

It is, official SEGA rules are that males can't have pants, and issue 3 was just an exception that the SEGA officials did not pay attention to.

Females: pants always, Males: pants never

We're not in prereboot SEGA had no mandates.

It was only one background character, and it was an insect iirc.

The characters being referred to from issue 3 are OCs the artist made over a decade beforehand, she probably snuck them in after the approval process. 

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I hate referring to ff in this thread but I mean Sally didn't wear pants. Could be a girl honestly

I'm going by Eyelashes. I see none so I'm saying the Doctor is a guy.

Anywho I enjoyed the issue. Actually I'm going to give my thoughts on Battle for Angel Island itself (Yeah there's one more issue but it seems like it'll be an Epilogue) I really liked this arc. It told it's story really well everyone got a chance to shine, we got good interaction between everyone and everybody was in character.

The Fight scenes especially in this issue were phenomenal (Tails crashing a ship into Master Overlord? *Chef Kiss), The Humor was on point and the stakes felt genuine. This honestly might be my favorite arc of the first year.

I will admit it did bug me that Tracy fell behind so Evan had to step in but these things happen in the Comics biz unfortunately. Deadlines can be a nightmare. But I do think it was handled well in this issue where the first time Evan pops up it's for the Mr. Tinker Interlude.

All-in-all this was a very solid arc and I feel it's deserving of a 4 out of 5.

11 minutes ago, Earnest-Panda said:

If you can see their crotch, they’re a dude.

The Charmy Bee Corollary. 

Once again i wonder why Antoine didn’t keep his jacket.

25 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Amy and Cream don't wear pants...why is this a thing that's happening?

Female characters almost always wear the amount of clothed a human would wear, males generally don't.

47 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That is not true all the time  why do people keep saying this

It is, in the games anyway. And the times they didn't are over.

2 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm going by Eyelashes. I see none so I'm saying the Doctor is a guy.

Anywho I enjoyed the issue. Actually I'm going to give my thoughts on Battle for Angel Island itself (Yeah there's one more issue but it seems like it'll be an Epilogue) I really liked this arc. It told it's story really well everyone got a chance to shine, we got good interaction between everyone and everybody was in character.

The Fight scenes especially in this issue were phenomenal (Tails crashing a ship into Master Overlord? *Chef Kiss), The Humor was on point and the stakes felt genuine. This honestly might be my favorite arc of the first year.

I will admit it did bug me that Tracy fell behind so Evan had to step in but these things happen in the Comics biz unfortunately. Deadlines can be a nightmare. But I do think it was handled well in this issue where the first time Evan pops up it's for the Mr. Tinker Interlude.

All-in-all this was a very solid arc and I feel it's deserving of a 4 out of 5.

Yardley and Stanley's art fit pretty well together.

I could see 2 artists working together in the future to pump out issues faster. Who knows this might help get a Sonic universe book.

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The characters being referred to from issue 3 are OCs the artist made over a decade beforehand, she probably snuck them in after the approval process. 

45 minutes ago, Korke said:

It was only one background character, and it was an insect iirc.

The Butterfly maybe?

I've only seen the panel with Jade and Crystal and even then I noticed Jade actually wearing more in the way of pants then she usually does. xD

I'm happy to see them show up since they're better designed then standard background extras.

37 minutes ago, Cuz said:

The Butterfly maybe?

I've only seen the panel with Jade and Crystal and even then I noticed Jade actually wearing more in the way of pants then she usually does. xD

I'm happy to see them show up since they're better designed then standard background extras.

I just wanna see Cream, Cheese, Gemerl, Omega and Big in the future

An overall meh to dull final battle. Master Overlord is weaker than Metal Overlord was, and the switch to this call back form doesn't feel all that much of an improvement to Super Neo Metal Sonic. For me the highlights were Sonic just saying why the loathsome copy stuff is stupid, Knuckles dunking the emerald back on Angel Island, and Tails delivering the biggest hit by driving the ship right into Metal.

Characters felt spot on even though I don't find Metal particularly interesting as anything but a lackey, and the bloated cast basically just made things too spread out for it's own good. You really can cut out so many people and be better off for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty lame-ass conclusion, but that's what I've come to expect from this comic in all honesty.

Spoiler

Also holy fuck Dr. Starline's design is horrendous. 

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Why though? It's not like he's gonna remain in Overlord form forever!

I'd rather neo stick around as a background general.  neo is just more fun than dumpster bin metal. And I only say that cause regular metal has never done anything remotely close to treating s neo has besides punching a squirrel

Issues Whisper has gone without stabbing Shadow in the back: 3. (This has to payoff one day. I’m just twiddling my fingers until then).

Yeah, that was pretty expected aside from the Eggman stuff.  Afraid to say this all kinda peaked with the Neo reveal.  It's a shame, since the basis of this whole saga involving Metal's time as Villain in Chief has oodles of potential.  Instead it's all surface level, disinteresting action fuelled, padded out predictability.  Really hoping they aim higher next time.

As for the twist, it's a pretty gritty one, surprisingly.  Although Starline's design of being Sonic character by way of the Shonen scientist villain is an experiment too far.  Not a big fan.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

I personally also think Master Overlord was lame and boring. Should've just stuck with Super Neo.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I hope the comic can breath a little bit.

I don't think that's gonna happen untill there is another book