Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

I hope there will be a Sonic Universe series, but only if it's written by someone who already worked at Archie (Flynn or Stanley or Aleah or Yardley), they know the characters's personality.

The TSR promotional comic was actually okay. Not good, not bad... just okay. I mean, I didn't expected much out of it. Sonic isn't Shakespeare, there for it was acceptable. The premise was simple, the characters had their cheesy one liners. This is Sonic... more or less.   

There will be new Sonic comic series coming soon

David Mariotte: "we adjust the schedule a bit for even more Sonic comics coming at you next year! Like, seriously! More comics! You'll know more soon! "

Well, then, having the influences revealed what type of trouble should we expect this white mammal of an egg laying genus to bring to the story?

25 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

He does have queues from Dr. Zachary as well.

latest?cb=20100615020557

Well, to be fair, so did Finitevus. Both are white-furred echidnas, both are enemies to Knuckles, both are omnicidal maniacs, and both are obviously doctors. My personal headcannon is that Finitevus's first name is Zachary.

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Well, then, having the influences revealed what type of trouble should we expect this white mammal of an egg laying genus to bring to the story?

What would he win if he brings back Eggman?

11 hours ago, SatAMhog said:

The Team Sonic Racing tie-in had some nice concept art and an interview in the back. The actual comic--EHHHH, the art was nice! The dialogue and story itself was horrendous.  I'm sorry, there's no freakin' excuse for this.  None of the characters sounded like each other...more like caricatures of their selves. x_X  The writing doesn't have to be great but...heck, I'll take Penders over this!  If this is a first attempt at writing a comic, I can see why the result was the way it was but...why? Why didn't they just have Ian write the adaptation along with the regular series?  It's just kinda strange to me,  that's all.. 

I think "Horrendous" is a bit of an overstatement honestly. Also this is definitely not Caleb's first comic. He's done several issues of TMNT Amazing Adventures (Which according to TMNT Entity were meh) a TMNT Funko Pop comic and a Power Rangers SPD story in this year's MMPR Annual. The SPD one is the only one of his works outside of this that I read and honestly I enjoyed that one just fine.  

• Thumbs Up 1

So seems that Starline is really inspired by Finitevus and Zachary. That's really awesome.

About what he would "win" by restoring Eggman, I'm not sure that he really want to win anything. I see two big possibility, especially

- Either he is interested by Eggman directly, but more like he is interested with how much trouble a simple man can bring, how he can always get back to do more stuff, etc.

- Either he is interested by "anomy/chaos", and likes when stuff degenerate, and that see Egman as the best to bring that kind of things.

In both case, I think he isn't really interested by personal gain, and that's the vibes of him being inspired by Finitevus gives to me. Someone that is a trouble-bringer but doesn't search to gain anything.

• Nice Smile 1

I mean Starline talked about how he made his career out of studying Eggman. 

It sounds like he's a psychotic psychologist. 

20 hours ago, kimplix said:

God I love the first and last covers of thesecovers-min.thumb.png.bf225e1f6b43b885879840513b14c32e.png

They made a cover just with the design references of the new character? Really? That's ridiculous lmao

So, it's confirmed that Starline is inspired by Finitevus, that could lead to something, what if their plans are alike as well?

Finitevus infused Knuckles with chaos energy for him to become Enerjak, What if Starline infuses Eggman with phantom ruby energy, for him to become:

Spoiler

tumblr_o3s7ciymcF1rlrnwdo1_250.gif

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

I'm still betting on him being

Spoiler

from the future.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Well, to be fair, so did Finitevus. Both are white-furred echidnas, both are enemies to Knuckles, both are omnicidal maniacs, and both are obviously doctors. My personal headcannon is that Finitevus's first name is Zachary.

Was he confirmed as being the direct inspiration by Dub?

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

What would he win if he brings back Eggman?

Spoiler

The Robotnik family name being associated with Fear and Chaos?

8 minutes ago, NikoS said:

So, it's confirmed that Starline is inspired by Finitevus, that could lead to something, what if their plans are alike as well?

Finitevus infused Knuckles with chaos energy for him to become Enerjak, What if Starline infuses Eggman with phantom ruby energy, for him to become:

Hide contents

tumblr_o3s7ciymcF1rlrnwdo1_250.gif

Ohhoho, foq! :joy: 

43 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

So seems that Starline is really inspired by Finitevus and Zachary. That's really awesome.

About what he would "win" by restoring Eggman, I'm not sure that he really want to win anything. I see two big possibility, especially

- Either he is interested by Eggman directly, but more like he is interested with how much trouble a simple man can bring, how he can always get back to do more stuff, etc.

- Either he is interested by "anomy/chaos", and likes when stuff degenerate, and that see Egman as the best to bring that kind of things.

In both case, I think he isn't really interested by personal gain, and that's the vibes of him being inspired by Finitevus gives to me. Someone that is a trouble-bringer but doesn't search to gain anything.

39 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I mean Starline talked about how he made his career out of studying Eggman. 

It sounds like he's a psychotic psychologist. 

That too.

20 minutes ago, Korke said:

They made a cover just with the design references of the new character? Really? That's ridiculous lmao

I know right? :lol:

And we thought they were being shameless with friggin Tangle.

5 hours ago, Korke said:

Well don't buy that cover then? I really don't see the problem. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Well don't buy that cover then? I really don't see the problem. 

Sshh, don't dismiss people's criticisms by telling them not to buy it, that's bad sportsmanship. 

• Thumbs Up 2

OK, I noticed there's a new Bumblekast up. 4/6 Questions about IDW:

I don't have time to watch it rn, but I just glanced at the video description and the last question was...uh...pretty aggressive.

Spoiler

At around #48:51: "Curious to know which of the Supposed 'Mandates' by Sega you actually intend to obey, since you've broken every single one you've mentioned in the past. You'd think SEGA would be pretty pissed at you adding characters to the lore who don't exist, as per their so-called "mandate"?" 

While trying to locate the timestamp I think I heard Ian debunking the "Ian is lying about mandates to look good" rumor.

EDIT: Alright I just listened to that one section while working. I was wrong, he was debunking the accusation that he was sneaking ideas and characters not approved by SEGA. 

• Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I don't have time to watch it rn, but I just glanced at the video description and the last question was...uh...pretty aggressive.

Hide contents

At around #48:51: "Curious to know which of the Supposed 'Mandates' by Sega you actually intend to obey, since you've broken every single one you've mentioned in the past. You'd think SEGA would be pretty pissed at you adding characters to the lore who don't exist, as per their so-called "mandate"?" 

While trying to locate the timestamp I think I heard Ian debunking the "Ian is lying about mandates to look good" rumor.

EDIT: Alright I just listened to that one section while working. I was wrong, he was debunking the accusation that he was sneaking ideas and characters not approved by SEGA. 

I hope down the road he can work it out with SEGA and include  location names and maps.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

Reveal hidden contents

Jesus Christ this fandom. 

Like seriously how does a person honestly think like this. This is legitimately insane. 

• Absolutely 1

I am still a little skeptical towards the mandates. It has become the scapegoat for everything. Everything is the mandates fault. SoJ is the incarnation of Satan.

I used to agree, but honestly I don't really buy it anymore.

On 12/8/2018 at 10:12 PM, Razule said:

Sshh, don't dismiss people's criticisms by telling them not to buy it, that's bad sportsmanship. 

If you don't like Sonic Forces, than don't buy it!

38 minutes ago, Korke said:

I am still a little skeptical towards the mandates. It has become the scapegoat for everything. Everything is the mandates fault. SoJ is the incarnation of Satan.

Are...are saying that you don't think Sega has rules for how their property should be used? I admit I'm not exactly the best at picking out intent in a post but like that's how this reads to me.

27 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Are...are saying that you don't think Sega has rules for how their property should be used? I admit I'm not exactly the best at picking out intent in a post but like that's how this reads to me.

I believe he did say he thinks the mandates are something of an easy out nowadays when there's relatively few things being included/done to push them.