Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

maxresdefault.jpg

3 times.

Speaking of Sonic Boom, in Fire & Ice, the game starts out with Sonic & Amy working together, alone, on a mission.

When's the last time this happened in the main game universe? Sonic Advance 3?

The graphics are so much better than Sonic Forces, what hapened to Sonic Team?

On 12/18/2018 at 12:03 PM, dbzfan7 said:

The hammer that's useless in pretty much everything outside of a gag 9 times out of 10 XD. But seriously I bet that probably is why they didn't use Amy. Because people would cry out fowl and what not in gender politics.

I love how Amy's hammer is useless but I'm supposed to believe this

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able to stop Chaos 0.

4 hours ago, Panda in a Pear Tree said:

The solicits usually start popping up on Previewsworld before anywhere else these days.

Yeah I checked but they're nowhere to be seen. It's weird. 

10 minutes ago, Scape said:

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack

I mean the hammer is literally used constantly as a gag so....usually for the "Oh look how big the hammer is" "Ain't she scary with that hammer" (Especially in Sonic X). Funny enough I think Boom is when they didn't make the hammer used as a mere gag tool and an actual weapon.

I'd agree with ya if the rapid tail attack was treated as a gag before, or used in joking situations. Also seeing that post I made when sleep deprived is making me embarrassed I brought in some gender politics there XD

35 minutes ago, Scape said:

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able stop Chaos 0.

Not getting involved in power level talk or whatever but what the FUCK is happening with Tails's torso there

1 hour ago, Heckboy said:

Not getting involved in power level talk or whatever but what the FUCK is happening with Tails's torso there

Steven Butler. 

13 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

The same voice actress for Tails now also is your mother figure in the new South Park games....and if you played them you are now having that horrid mental image....If not you may get the horrid mental image😈

Luckily, SGB were kinda enough to block stuff like that out.

13 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Hey....I think Mania Adventures was pretty sweet, and the OVA with a few changes and a better cast would be phenomenal. Other then that to not be a total negative nancy I'll say AOSTH can be kinda fun in a bizarre Looney Tunes-ish way...and does have the advantage of believing in its lunacy rather than rejecting it like the meta stuff today. Never watched SATAM nor really have an interest to. Can't comment on it's quality outside of a kick ass theme. X can sometimes make Sonic feel cool as well as have some likable enough humans. We don't get those often. Boom....well...uh....I mean....I liked that time Eggman convinced Sonic to wear a flower outfit...one of the few times I laughed and thought it was a fitting joke..............I did say TRY to not be a total negative nancy.....

Ah, well I stand relatively correct. :slight_smile:

7 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Sad, because that time, she had it right.

I think that was the joke, actually.

Except, you know, played for a brief bit of drama.

7 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Cought Cough GOTF Cough COUGH

Well, "F" U2, buddy!

5 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

The graphics are so much better than Sonic Forces, what hapened to Sonic Team?

They ran out of next gen production values outside of the occasional character model.

3 hours ago, Scape said:

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able stop Chaos 0.

Lol TPup.

What was the feather for again?

2 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

I mean the hammer is literally used constantly as a gag so....usually for the "Oh look how big the hammer is" "Ain't she scary with that hammer" (Especially in Sonic X). Funny enough I think Boom is when they didn't make the hammer used as a mere gag tool and an actual weapon.

I'd agree with ya if the rapid tail attack was treated as a gag before, or used in joking situations. Also seeing that post I made when sleep deprived is making me embarrassed I brought in some gender politics there XD

Well, it WAS always meant a real toy hammer.

2 hours ago, Heckboy said:

Not really seeing an issue there.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, it WAS always meant a real toy hammer.

It was introduced in Sonic the Fighters as a replacement for Amy's punch. It was always supposed to have combat utility.

52 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, "F" U2, buddy!

If you like it, that's cool. I never thought those were good versions of the characters, way too sad all the time, and too indulgent in weird what if fan stuff for my liking. Its not for me, its for the person writing it, and that's fine. I just always found it wack and mildly embarrassing

4 hours ago, Scape said:

Amy was at least able stop Chaos 0.

Well then they BOTH have trouble with some being with Zero in the name XP

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Tails and a few of the other freedom fighters were inducted as honorary wolfpack members at the beginning of this mini-arc. It gives them free run of the area essentially.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

They were to show they were honorary members of the Wolf Pack. I...might reread a little too frequently. 

2 hours ago, Scape said:

It was introduced in Sonic the Fighters as a replacement for Amy's punch. It was always supposed to have combat utility.

No, I mean it's a literally Japanese toy. Thats why it squeaks.

s-l225.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

If you like it, that's cool. I never thought those were good versions of the characters, way too sad all the time, and too indulgent in weird what if fan stuff for my liking. Its not for me, its for the person writing it, and that's fine. I just always found it wack and mildly embarrassing

image.jpeg.d645359161321ad23f2dc1873c864b01.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Tails and a few of the other freedom fighters were inducted as honorary wolfpack members at the beginning of this mini-arc. It gives them free run of the area essentially.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

They were to show they were honorary members of the Wolf Pack. I...might reread a little too frequently. 

Oh yeah.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

No, I mean it's a literally Japanese toy. Thats why it squeaks.

I know, but in the context of "that thing Amy uses" it's a weapon

9 hours ago, Scape said:

640?cb=20120711125444

is an effective attack. Amy was at least able to stop Chaos 0.

1) When has Amy ever fought Chaos 0? I don't recall in SA1, Battles, Forces

2) I could swore that 'furry animal can damage metallic robots" was first thing you need to accept when you join Sonic fandom.

Also, I don't like to think every time Chaos shows up as Chaos 0 he must be weak. It's just kinda silly.

He's a Shape Shifter. What we call "Chaos 2/4/ 6/Perfect" are just forms he choose for the battle, when his true form is puddle on the ground. It's perfectly reasonable to think that fully powered Chaos could take form of Chaos 0 for convenience sake (read: because that's his most iconic form). How else he would be any threat in Sonic Battle or Archie? And it's not like he needs Chaos Emeralds to be strong,  he just needs to feed on them and later he can spit them out. Before SA1 he was prisoner in ME, post that game he's invited guest, inhabiting world's strongest battery.

21 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

It's weirdly elongated.

Image result for tails sonicimage.png.64568198bef53206b1dfd5b0c56b13cf.png

He's doing a whipping motion, which requires him to bend/twist part of his body and make his normally bushy tails slicker.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Also, I don't like to think every time Chaos shows up as Chaos 0 he must be weak. It's just kinda silly.

He's a Shape Shifter. What we call "Chaos 2/4/ 6/Perfect" are just forms he choose for the battle, when his true form is puddle on the ground. It's perfectly reasonable to think that fully powered Chaos could take form of Chaos 0 for convenience sake (read: because that's his most iconic form). How else he would be any threat in Sonic Battle or Archie? And it's not like he needs Chaos Emeralds to be strong,  he just needs to feed on them and later he can spit them out. Before SA1 he was prisoner in ME, post that game he's invited guest, inhabiting world's strongest battery.

This. I mean there is such a thing as separating story from Gameplay y'know. Being the first boss doesn't necessarily mean Chaos 0 is Chaos' weakest form. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Being the first boss doesn't necessarily mean Chaos 0 is Chaos' weakest form. 

Being the first boss doesn't, but being Chaos 0, Chaos with no emeralds, does. But it being his weakest form doesn't necessarily mean that he is weak in that form.

39 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

He's doing a whipping motion, which requires him to bend/twist part of his body and make his normally bushy tails slicker.

I feel like the tails would be even less effective if you factor in that they're probably just like rat tails under the fur.

46 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So doing that caused his torso to basically double in length? lol

11 minutes ago, Heckboy said:

So doing that caused his torso to basically double in length? lol

Sure, let's go with that.

It's a dynamic comic pose, dude. Just Frozen.

21 minutes ago, Razule said:

I feel like the tails would be even less effective if you factor in that they're probably just like rat tails under the fur.

If by less effective, you mean more, than yeah. Spines can bust throughout robots, spurs can break rocks, tails can whip back n'  forth.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1