52 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Are you sure about that?

2vjr9qw.png

Yeah, the do the hold out the hand to offer freindship thing in the panel

8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Yeah, the do the hold out the hand to offer freindship thing in the panel

cU3EoupdTfAQtw5B3D7d_JIDeEDPVpHeSfug4EWg

....that's debatable...

Again, didn't Ian say off the top of his head he considered Shadow a main figure with the classic 4 when writing the comic as a whole, yet once more he's not present in marketing covers with characters that won't play a big part of the next story arc(Amy and Knuckles).

Or is this artist just hate Shadow and only uses him because he's ordered to by mandates/the writer?

6 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Again, didn't Ian say off the top of his head he considered Shadow a main figure with the classic 4 when writing the comic as a whole, yet once more he's not present in marketing covers with characters that won't play a big part of the next story arc(Amy and Knuckles).

Or is this artist just hate Shadow and only uses him because he's ordered to by mandates/the writer?

There's only so much vertical room in the background, lol. If Shadow had been included he'd be even more obscured than Metal is and if that was the case, to be frank, you'd be complaining about that instead.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 6
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 1

10 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

most likely Shadow wont have a huge role, in the issue, not every issue needs the main 4

1 minute ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

most likely Shadow wont have a huge role, in the issue, not every issue needs the main 4

Well thats obvious. The main 4 is not in every issue but somehow their in almost half the covers, together or seperately placed.

53 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Because Shadow isn't important to this issue/mini-arc?

42 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Well thats obvious. The main 4 is not in every issue but somehow their in almost half the covers, together or seperately placed.

Because they're the main four and there's only 4 character spaces on that one?

Also, unless I haven't read a solicit, Knuckles and Metal aren't in this arc yet, but were significant figures in the greater scheme of the comic thus far.

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh, is anyone else thinking the cover is inspired by this one?

latest?cb=20121221201631

It's a neat cover either way, but I immediately thought of this issue when I saw it.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20121221201631

It's a neat cover either way, bit I immediately thought of this issue when I saw it.

That's what I thought as well.

34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20121221201631

It's a neat cover either way, but I immediately thought of this issue when I saw it.

I thought that the moment I saw it. Kind of a weird homage since that was one to Marvel vs Capcom I believe. 

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

latest?cb=20121221201631

Probably just coincedence. Archie Sonic had several covers like this over the years.

And man, as far as the other cover goes, Kieran Gates has both the classic AND modern Sonic styles down cold. Dude could be the next Spaz.

19 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Kieran Gates has both the classic AND modern Sonic styles down cold. Dude could be the next Spaz.

Thank God I was seriously starting to think I was the only one digging his art.

I usually see comments about how bland it is and stuff but I don't know I enjoy the majority of his covers. They aren't the most ambitious or anything but it's still some real high quality stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Those character select covers make me want a sonic fighting game

Sega should make one of those

I would buy it

I hope it's more like Sonic the Fighters than Sonic Battle, but that's an entirely different topic.

33 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar previews

[image snip]

Spoiler

I'm glad Metal returned home to help his dad.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar previews

Reveal hidden contents

0006-6.png

0007-5.png

Spoiler

Ohhhh, that's how Eggman's gonna get his personality back- Metal still has his biodata!

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar previews

Reveal hidden contents

0006-6.png

0007-5.png

Spoiler

I'm interested in how Eggman regains his memories and personality, likely at the end of the issue. Also intriguing is that Rough and Tumble want to be weaponized? Roboticization could be back like Tails in Lost World? In a SEGA style?

8 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar previews

Hide contents

0006-6.png

0007-5.png

Dr. Starling can open portals in addition to being an egg laying mammal. ...Just saying.

Jokes aside I'm really digging how this looks. I'm kinda glad they aren't immediately restoring Eggman and that there seems to be some trial and error to it. Plus I got a laugh out of Orbot and Cubot's reactions to the Mr. Tinker persona.

• Thumbs Up 3

Metal is gonna be in for some surprise.

Yes I am also really enjoying Dr Starline here, honestly wish it was just Rough and Tumblr, and Starline here. Not the comic books fault,I just  never liked Orbot and Cubot and they do seem kind of forced into the scene.

10 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Moar previews

Hide contents

0006-6.png

0007-5.png

Huh. Wonder how he found them?

Also, "Gentlemen! And I use the term loosely."

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Those character select covers make me want a sonic fighting game

Sega should make one of those

I would buy it

Yeah, seriously.

10 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I hope it's more like Sonic the Fighters than Sonic Battle, but that's an entirely different topic.

Why not both?

7 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:
  Hide contents

Ohhhh, that's how Eggman's gonna get his personality back- Metal still has his biodata!

Huh. Maybe.

5 hours ago, Jack in the Snow said:
  Hide contents

I'm interested in how Eggman regains his memories and personality, likely at the end of the issue. Also intriguing is that Rough and Tumble want to be weaponized? Roboticization could be back like Tails in Lost World? In a SEGA style?

Spoiler

I think they just want guns.

• Thumbs Up 1