Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

32 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I mean you say children's comic as if they can not have killing as a theme. Hell even the archie comics had death as a thing. It's not that nature of a topic

There's no killing theme. It's just morals, simple moral stuff.

Killing itself isn't much of a theme, it's pretty black and white.

The idea of should they kill Eggman or not is different than the goal just being to do so.

That's grey and apparently shouldn't be in children's media I guess.

4 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

The difference in this case is a matter of face value versus nuance. Where it seems that you are looking at it entirely from a face value perspective @Shadowlax and I are both caught up on the nuances. The problem with the nuances in this case varies between us, such as @Shadowlax being mainly bothered by the morality at play and what he feels is a misrepresentation of Shadow and the consequences of Sonic's actions as well as the general rightness of Shadow's stance to kill Eggman preventing future atrocities on Eggman's part. Cold blooded murder of someone truthfully ignorant of why someone would want to kill them is possible to be perceived as the right thing to do and @Shadowlax is rightfully bothered by that appearing in a children's comic. Conversely, easy as it is for me to see it and be bothered by it as well, I am more set off by Shadow showing up too late to make any difference in the story. The entire point to his appearance as I perceive it is to challenge Sonic's decision, but that flies in the face of Sonic's never look back, no regrets attitude since he shows up after Sonic has made his decision. As a result his purpose for being there is totally wasted to me and since the whole volume focuses on this meaningless shoving match that stems from it the whole thing falls flat. Sure it can be argued that the volume could have been attempting to show that aspect of Sonic's character while also introducing Shadow and his complicated backstory without getting too wordy, but the execution falls flat to me and I find the whole volume a waste of space and time. Then there is the fact that narratively Shadow provides next to nothing in the following volumes asides from allowing Metal to go from a more useful form into a rather useless one. It just feels like a waste with no payoff either in volume or after.

I hope this clarifies how at least I see things a little and will make it easier to understand where I'm coming from on future mentions. And honestly, while issue 6 is my least favorite, it is not the only one I dislike as 10 and 3 also don't gel with me though for different reasons. 10 because it just didn't elicit any reaction out of me like 11 managed to and 3 because I feel that even though it's his introduction issue that it doesn't really sell knuckles' character or what's he about in any solid way. It's all off hand exposition and then he punches some things. That makes for a weak introduction to me and outside of being a long time fan I don't see how that issue is supposed to make you excited for his character. Anyway though I'm starting to ramble so I'll cut myself off here and hope that I was able to clarify some things for you.

TLDR version though just to save time; the nuances and implications of the story in issue 6 is where @Shadowlax and I draw most of our problems from.

thank you

There was a longer response , removed. Seemed like you moved on. Point being, that book has an unfortunate bit of writing that's not great , kind of insulting to shadow's character for a few reasons. But Eh, It don't matter they aren't gonna address it. And then months or years later people will be like " what happened to that" and Ian will be like " We couldn't continue story because ya can't kill eggman and stuff and there's just no where for that story beat to go"

That will be the end of it

23 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

thank you

There was a longer response , removed. Seemed like you moved on. Point being, that book has an unfortunate bit of writing that's not great , kind of insulting to shadow's character for a few reasons. But Eh, It don't matter they aren't gonna address it. And then months or years later people will be like " what happened to that" and Ian will be like " We couldn't continue story because ya can't kill eggman and stuff and there's just no where for that story beat to go"

That will be the end of it

Or maybe...it was just to establish Sonic and Shadow's contrasting views on heroism and not some setup to Sonic the Hedgehog: Civil War.

Seriously, you read way too much into that issue if you thought there was gonna be some big fallout

• Thumbs Up 2

Since the inevitable Shadow related debate still hasn't ended, I guess I'll state my reasons for not liking the issue--in bullet form!:

• Shadow himself no longer excites me
  • Sonic Vs Shadow is seemingly the big draw
  • Couldn't live up the previous issue's setup
  • Shadow's argument literally amounts to "He's still dangerous"
  • Lack of Author patented capitalization on related content & context
  • Made me briefly question the validity of Wild Cards
  • Is compromised of the fight and little else
  • Ending is rushed/sudden
  • Next issue would show how to do this right

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Or maybe...it was just to establish Sonic and Shadow's contrasting views on heroism and not some setup to Sonic the Hedgehog: Civil War.

Seriously, you read way too much into that issue if you thought there was gonna be some big fallout

I didn't want the issue with shadow to be some big set up, and it didn't establish anything because shadow never really got to say anything regarding it. He relents and then gets laughed off. Considering that in his later appearance the only thing it establishes him as as a joke.

It doesn't need to be a giant set up for anything, its Ian flynn who chose to write a story at issue 6 first year about the morality of killing someone who has lost their memory, all that premise is IS set up. And if it isn't set up for anything, than it is a waste of time.

I'm not reading way too much into anything. Whether it be Ian not thinking or someone over him thinking this was a good story, didn't think that maybe this shouldn't have been the thing you introduce them on. Given shadow couldn't in the medium and demographic you are aiming for actually be himself.

Edit: You know how you could have established shadow as a character, TELLING WHERE HE WAS DURING FORCES AND JUST FOCUSING ON THAT. Instead of doing a story that amounts to nothing and does not matter and fails to establish the character as anything as a joke not to be taken seriously and is incompetent

6 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Its been months and I still feel like people missed the entire point of issue 6.

The fact people are confused by Sonic choosing to repair and help Metal makes me think a lot of people miss the point of Sonic. 

Not as a franchise but as a character. Sonic isn’t about vengeance or ending his foes. He's just a helpful hobo with super speed. Sure he smashes Badniks but Metal Sonic is a little more than a Badnik. Sonic is compassionate and is going to give someone a chance. 

• Thumbs Up 7

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

I didn't want the issue with shadow to be some big set up, and it didn't establish anything because shadow never really got to say anything regarding it. He relents and then gets laughed off. Considering that in his later appearance the only thing it establishes him as as a joke.

It doesn't need to be a giant set up for anything, its Ian flynn who chose to write a story at issue 6 first year about the morality of killing someone who has lost their memory, all that premise is IS set up. And if it isn't set up for anything, than it is a waste of time.

I'm not reading way too much into anything. Whether it be Ian not thinking or someone over him thinking this was a good story, didn't think that maybe this shouldn't have been the thing you introduce them on. Given shadow couldn't in the medium and demographic you are aiming for actually be himself.

Edit: You know how you could have established shadow as a character, TELLING WHERE HE WAS DURING FORCES AND JUST FOCUSING ON THAT. Instead of doing a story that amounts to nothing and does not matter and fails to establish the character as anything as a joke not to be taken seriously and is incompetent

See your problem is that you just think he's written as a joke when...he isn't. There's literally one joke at his expense at the trail end of the story and that's it. Like, the fact you think Shadow is justified in killing someone in cold blood because he might be a problem says more about you than anything else. The entire point was clear cut on the issue; whether Shadow was justified in killing Eggman or not is pointless, because it's still a morally questionable thing to do. Which is the entire point of Sonic calling him out on it, and the whole issue served as a point of establishing how the two see the issue and their dynamic to the reader.

I don't get what's so difficult to understand about that.

If you didn't think it was good, fine. But I also think your issues stem less from any actual problems in the issue itself and more that story didn't go in the direction that you wanted it to go. The "problems" you pointed out aren't actually problems. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

Its not even like Killing is some ultra taboo topic in this book.  Under both Sega and Flynn - Shadow has gone on Mass Murdering spree's that were deemed OK by Sonic and crew because of the context of the situation they were drawn into. Sonic never voiced a protest when Shadow pretty much genocide'd the Black Arms in Shth, and Rouge and Omega helped him do it again on Flynn's watch during the Archie days.

But those situations were different because the people being wiped out made their choice (well - they were hive mind, but Black Doom made his choice). Shadow was free to let those guys reap what they sew because when faced with the choice they chose to be bad. In the absence of that choice Sonic stood up to oppose Shadow as he rightly should. Despite how often it aligns with what he needs to do, Sonic is more about what is fair and right than the greater good. Punishing Tinker for what Eggman did - or what he could do - is a raw deal. Sonic's hatred of injustice is listed as a core component of his character second only to "runs really fast". Shadow relenting to that hardly makes him a joke. it just further establish Sonic's core strength of character to stick to his guns even when it isn't convenient to do so while further cementing Shadow as a realist.

• Thumbs Up 5

No, nope nevermind .

There was a response here, its gone. I don't care @Kuzu the Boloedge if you think i'm wrong. Its whatever, you think its about it not going the way I want to but... i've expressed appreciate for stories some of which have shadow in it that didn't go the way I wanted to but are good. But hey, it doesn't matter, you don't read what I say, who cares.

I think i'm gonna be proven right, so its whatever. I feel like engaging in arguments with people who aren't even reading anything i'm typing, so typing more is pointless.

You all can have a nice day

38 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

That person is a dictator who tried to take over the world and if anything was to trigger him remembering who he was, he would slip right back into that. But whatever. Also I don't really agree with shadow even doing that. For a few reasons, but I think shadow is justified in wanting to want to do that.

Its like if Red Skull lost his memory, you should probably kill red skull.

As for the joke thing, he is. Because none of this mattered. The joke at the end serves to make everything like a joke, none of this mattered, none of this meant anything. shadow's an angry guy with no point who punches people for no reason and no motivation, he's a giant baby. That's what that communicates.

I don't think it did any of that well, both artistically or writing wise... and don't think it establishes anything because shadow doesn't stick to his guns. The whole point of that character for a good while was " Fuck it i'll do whatever " . I'm not saying he should murder eggman in cold , no do I want that. That said there are better non the morality of murder ways that could matter to the overall narrative that could put their dynamic in play. This specific situation , this spcific situation isn't really good because it essentially shows shadow's wasting everyone's time and ultimately doesn't matter. It didn't show anything because the entire encounter was a waste of time

No my issues stem from bad writing, Stop. I have explained myself and if you don't agree that's ok. But don't accuse me of only caring about my view of the story because you don't agree. 2nd, I'm gonna put this in big text so you don't miss it this time

There's a story a compare it to, Total Eclipse and the follow up story where this dynamic is done way better with shadow and knuckles.  I don't actually like how those stories are set up, and I don't really like the first one at all all that much, I think the idea of knuckles just automatically thinking shadow is untrustworthy and not understanding how serious the threat of what shadow is saying is is wild out of character and ignores the adventures they had. One of which was context for that story. That said, I acknowledge that despite not liking the first one all that much it and its follow up are generally good narratives that do that sort of moral dynamic way better than this here. Because even though shadow is technically right, and Knuckles is technically wrong, it isn't about that shadow's kind of being an asshole and there are bigger things at play that they both realize at a later point when they get yelled at.

Point being, its almost as if I don't care if stories go in the direction I want them to go, as long as I find them entertaining or good. And the reason why I don't like this one is because its neither, it does a poor job at introducing shadow, nothing matters, nothing gets done and he doesn't hold his ground... which is whole thing which makes the entire situation which was already a waste of time , look like even more of a waste of time. If you like the story, that's fine, but you would do better than to just randomly accuse people who don't agree with you of  " Just being mad the story isn't how they wanted " the story isn't how I wanted, it isn't good or entertaining, that's what I value above everything.

So If you miss that,  you have to purposefully ignoring that at this point.

I've read your points and I acknowledge them, but I don't agree with them. But more than that, I just straight up think the way you're seeing it is extremely biased in favor of Shadow.

You said its "a waste of time" and "only serves to make Shadow look like a joke" fine. And you then you cited Total Eclipse as a better story than this, but the primary point you use to support that is that "Well Shadow was right and Knuckles was wrong, but that doesn't matter because they had a bad guy to fight"

So what I take from that is Total Eclipse was better...because Shadow was in the right? And him and Knuckles team up to beat a bad guy. And that this story is bad because Shadow was in the wrong, and therefore it's a waste of time?

Because it sounds to me like you're measuring the quality of these stories based on whether the narrative is on Shadow's side or not. Correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I might be way off base here.

But the fact that you're specifically focused on Shadow's role primarily and judging it off that makes me think otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 3

I kind of wanted to move on from this whole issue 6 mess since I don't like the issue and would rather move on but just a couple of things I want to address

19 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I mean you say children's comic as if they can not have killing as a theme.

It's not about killing being in a children's work, it's about the loose morality involving killing someone in the presented situation and the ramifications of not going through with it without ever providing better options to dealing with the potential threat Mr. Tinker offers. Believe it or not but I get sick and tired of people treating children as invalid and stupid when childhood is when we are most capable of learning and need to be exposed to the stuff that will shape our lives, but you still have to make sure that you are guiding them properly. Unless you believe that kids have total memory incompetency (why bother sending them to school if this is the case) then the moral quandary presented here without any other solutions still boils down to kill him regardless of situation because he will cause problems later being the right choice as Eggman inevitably returns later as expected. It suggests and even encourages just killing people to solve problems as the right thing to do especially since the morally upstanding character is both wrong and his decision results in numerous others getting hurt. That makes the whole setup problematic as it was not handled well and considering how spoiled and in control of their parents most children I see are due to bad parenting this type of lesson needed to be handled with much better nuance than was presented.

Now sure everyone will probably tell me that I'm looking into it too much or have some sort of agenda as seems to be the case when I talk about things I don't like or when I understand other people's viewpoints, but bottom line is that is not the case. It's just the way that I'm wired so when I see things like this or have it pointed out I can't help but notice it and everything that I perceive as wrong with it. Sure you don't see it and that's fine, but please don't go around trying to belittle my opinion. Disagree and explain why you disagree, but please don't just write me off like my point of view is irrelevant because if that is true please just ignore my posts, or if you honestly don't understand ask me to clarify. As it is, regardless of your intentions the line I quoted comes across as accusatory and I doubt that was your intention so please in the future if you need me to clarify my stance just ask.

19 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Think you're too caught up in your own interpretations of the characters instead of how they're written here. Nothing shown here is really off. Shadow is pragmatic, he usually makes decisions that do not necessarily mesh with the more upright heroes, its the main reason him and Sonic never can see eye to eye, because Shadow would take actions that Sonic can never approve of. And Sonic is always steadfast in his beliefs, if he doubted himself that would only justify Shadow's position.

It's probably the first legit conflict they've had since SA2. 

Of course in Sonic Adventure 2 Shadow was a villain literally trying to destroy the world and at no other point in any of the considered main games does he Sonic have a clash over how to morally address a situation, with Shadow usually just showing up and bailing Sonic out (against Silver and then his Phantom Ruby double and pretty much nowhere else). Considering that of course I end up falling back on my own interpretations based on all of the information I've gotten my hands on as provided by SEGA or sharing my thoughts and partaking on the shared thoughts of others. Ian Flynn chose to introduce Shadow like this and so it was his responsibility to put forth an interpretation that prevented me from falling back on that instead of just comparing to it and in that regard he failed to me. You're welcome to disagree, but at this point it is just a difference of opinion and interpretation as you said. The nuances that I see bother me and as you don't see them even when I elaborate on what I see and why you still don't so there is really nothing to be gained from this exchange at this point. I don't want to force my opinion onto you either so since you don't see it that's fine and I've got no problem with that but at this point you seem to be coming across as just getting annoyed that I'm talking about it on here and that you have to scroll past my thoughts which seems to annoy you. And I'm not the only one you appear to be treating that way when you drop lines like this

11 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

The "problems" you pointed out aren't actually problems.

Sure I've taken the line out of context but something I've had to force myself to learn over the years is just because some problems don't affect other people does not mean they don't exist for the person talking about them. Using invalidating lines like this puts the person that you are conversing with on the defensive and they start to perceive everything you are saying as trying to invalidate them for feeling the way that they do and any point you are trying to make or angle of discussion you are trying to approach from just looks like more attacks to them effectively making them deaf to what you are trying to say. I'm not trying to get preachy, just pointing out what you're doing is not working in your favor and considering the reaction you got after posting this I'm not the only one who feels this way.

14 hours ago, SBR2 said:

The fact people are confused by Sonic choosing to repair and help Metal makes me think a lot of people miss the point of Sonic. 

Not as a franchise but as a character. Sonic isn’t about vengeance or ending his foes. He's just a helpful hobo with super speed. Sure he smashes Badniks but Metal Sonic is a little more than a Badnik. Sonic is compassionate and is going to give someone a chance. 

Personally speaking I think Sonic choosing to help out Metal did more to highlight and reinforce that aspect of Sonic's personality than his shoving match with Shadow in issue 6. it's part of why I love the scene and how it both highlights Sonic's kindness and irresponsibility all at once while continuing the theme set with Eggman/Tinker. It's a great scene to me in contrast to how issue 6 handled it which still to me feels like a waste of an issue.

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Its not even like Killing is some ultra taboo topic in this book.  Under both Sega and Flynn - Shadow has gone on Mass Murdering spree's that were deemed OK by Sonic and crew because of the context of the situation they were drawn into. Sonic never voiced a protest when Shadow pretty much genocide'd the Black Arms in Shth, and Rouge and Omega helped him do it again on Flynn's watch during the Archie days.

But those situations were different because the people being wiped out made their choice (well - they were hive mind, but Black Doom made his choice). Shadow was free to let those guys reap what they sew because when faced with the choice they chose to be bad. In the absence of that choice Sonic stood up to oppose Shadow as he rightly should. Despite how often it aligns with what he needs to do, Sonic is more about what is fair and right than the greater good. Punishing Tinker for what Eggman did - or what he could do - is a raw deal. Sonic's hatred of injustice is listed as a core component of his character second only to "runs really fast". Shadow relenting to that hardly makes him a joke. it just further establish Sonic's core strength of character to stick to his guns even when it isn't convenient to do so while further cementing Shadow as a realist. 

I appreciate this outlook on the situation and glad you found enjoyment out of it. At this point really I just have to say that it's a shame I see it the way do do as that seems to of been like striking a hornets' nest to share even if at the end of the day Flynn's execution didn't do it for me and created a number of problems that will nag at me for quite some time longer unfortunately.

Hopefully though we can mostly move on from this for now and look forward to what is next from the comic. I think we've dwelled on this long enough and frankly I don't know about the rest of you but I want to have fun talking about the comic and reading it so I'd like to move past this particularly negative subject and the arguments spiraling out of control about it. I think too many of us are letting ourselves get too heated over it (I'm probably being one of the worst about it) and just need to drop it now so I at least am going to stop responding to and posts about and talking about issue 6 myself for now so I can get back to enjoy the comic.

34 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Because it sounds to me like you're measuring the quality of these stories based on whether the narrative is on Shadow's side or not. Correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I might be way off base here.

... I used the total eclipse example specifically because shadow being right didn't matter?

This is what I mean by I said you aren't reading. Shadow being right in that story i irrelevant, and I still find it interesting. Shadow could be right wrong or whatever, as long as the story is interesting and he does the things, and the other key characters do the things that make the stories good. When I say " Shadow was right " In that instance, I mean in my mind. I think that shadow's view on the scenario is the correct one. The story never acknowledges shadow being right, because its not about that, that's what I mean. The story doesn't need to say shadow's the greatest or he's right. As long as interesting, and everyone generally gets to be cool.

This is why I say it doesn't feel like you aren't paying attention to what i'm saying. Like you are so wrapped up in shadow fanboy accusations you aren't even bothering to see I used an example where shadow's rightness or wrongness isn't acknowledge and shadow being a dick and learning to be less of a dick is the key part of the story along with knuckles learning to do a better job. And you ignored all that to insensate that need shadow to be right.

This is ontop of me saying several times throughout this entire argument is that my issue is that the status quo will prove shadow to be right. One of my issues with this story is shadow eventually being right, and you are so wrapped up in your own narrative you missed it.

I don't want to argue anymore, i'm done. You aren't paying attention to anything I say and want to paint me as some rabbid fanboy because you like your comic book, its whatever man

31 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

... I used the total eclipse example specifically because shadow being right didn't matter?

This is what I mean by I said you aren't reading. Shadow being right in that story i irrelevant, and I still find it interesting. Shadow could be right wrong or whatever, as long as the story is interesting and he does the things, and the other key characters do the things that make the stories good. When I say " Shadow was right " In that instance, I mean in my mind. I think that shadow's view on the scenario is the correct one. The story never acknowledges shadow being right, because its not about that, that's what I mean. The story doesn't need to say shadow's the greatest or he's right. As long as interesting, and everyone generally gets to be cool.

This is why I say it doesn't feel like you aren't paying attention to what i'm saying. Like you are so wrapped up in shadow fanboy accusations you aren't even bothering to see I used an example where shadow's rightness or wrongness isn't acknowledge and shadow being a dick and learning to be less of a dick is the key part of the story along with knuckles learning to do a better job. And you ignored all that to insensate that need shadow to be right.

This is ontop of me saying several times throughout this entire argument is that my issue is that the status quo will prove shadow to be right. One of my issues with this story is shadow eventually being right, and you are so wrapped up in your own narrative you missed it.

I don't want to argue anymore, i'm done. You aren't paying attention to anything I say and want to paint me as some rabbid fanboy because you like your comic book, its whatever man

I never said you were a rabid fanboy, you jumped to that conclusion yourself. I even gave you the benefit of the doubt and gave you the chance to clarify your points better and instead you rage quitted.

So *shrug* I'll leave it here I guess.

1 hour ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Of course in Sonic Adventure 2 Shadow was a villain literally trying to destroy the world and at no other point in any of the considered main games does he Sonic have a clash over how to morally address a situation, with Shadow usually just showing up and bailing Sonic out (against Silver and then his Phantom Ruby double and pretty much nowhere else). Considering that of course I end up falling back on my own interpretations based on all of the information I've gotten my hands on as provided by SEGA or sharing my thoughts and partaking on the shared thoughts of others. Ian Flynn chose to introduce Shadow like this and so it was his responsibility to put forth an interpretation that prevented me from falling back on that instead of just comparing to it and in that regard he failed to me. You're welcome to disagree, but at this point it is just a difference of opinion and interpretation as you said. The nuances that I see bother me and as you don't see them even when I elaborate on what I see and why you still don't so there is really nothing to be gained from this exchange at this point. I don't want to force my opinion onto you either so since you don't see it that's fine and I've got no problem with that but at this point you seem to be coming across as just getting annoyed that I'm talking about it on here and that you have to scroll past my thoughts which seems to annoy you. And I'm not the only one you appear to be treating that way when you drop lines like this

Sure I've taken the line out of context but something I've had to force myself to learn over the years is just because some problems don't affect other people does not mean they don't exist for the person talking about them. Using invalidating lines like this puts the person that you are conversing with on the defensive and they start to perceive everything you are saying as trying to invalidate them for feeling the way that they do and any point you are trying to make or angle of discussion you are trying to approach from just looks like more attacks to them effectively making them deaf to what you are trying to say. I'm not trying to get preachy, just pointing out what you're doing is not working in your favor and considering the reaction you got after posting this I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Personally speaking I think Sonic choosing to help out Metal did more to highlight and reinforce that aspect of Sonic's personality than his shoving match with Shadow in issue 6. it's part of why I love the scene and how it both highlights Sonic's kindness and irresponsibility all at once while continuing the theme set with Eggman/Tinker. It's a great scene to me in contrast to how issue 6 handled it which still to me feels like a waste of an issue.

Ok, I'll acknowledge that was a poor choice of words to use because yes, dismissing another person's problems is needlessly hostile and I've been accused of that in the past.

That said, I wanted to clarify that Ian Flynn (or any writer for that matter) is not obligated to pay heed to the millions of headcanons this Fanbase has. He is ultimately hired to write a story for everyone who picks up the book, not just the fans. So yes, it's on him to make the story engaging for the reader and not everyone is obligated to like his work for whatever reason.

That said, I believe that judging the quality of the book not on it's own merits, but on how much it aligns with your own personal interpretations is faulty to begin with. Mainly because, as I said, an author is not under oath to acknowledge or pay heed to fanon. And it puts an almost unreasonable expectation on a work. Because no author is ever going to satisfy your interpretations unless you worked with them.

So it's less I have a problem with you guys having your own thoughts and comparing them to the book, and more that I feel you're not judging the book itself for what it is, and rather for what it lacks based on what you would have done.

So yea, maybe Shadow didnt have to show up here. But he did. This story didn't have to be about Eggman being amnesiac, but it is. This whole book doesn't have to take place after Forces, but it does. 

All I'm saying is that story presented here is rather here is rather straightforward and easy to follow. If it "ruined" Shadow to you and "makes him a stupid idiot" fine. I think that's still missing the point, but at that point either stand by your point or agree to disagree.

And lastly, I will apologize to @Shadowlax if you felt like I was dismissing your points and not acknowledging them. That was not my intention, I just wanted to overly emphasize my point so you'd understand it better.

34 minutes ago, Zulon Eredas said:

Question: Is the Sonic Forces digital comic considered canon to the IDW series?

They say it's the same as the game "it happened in some ways", but I consider it canon

• Thumbs Up 2

If they were to bring up its events in an IDW issue, then we’ll consider it canon.

-(IDW Sonic wiki mod)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Zulon Eredas said:

Question: Is the Sonic Forces digital comic considered canon to the IDW series?

Honestly my rule of thumb is to assume anything that's game canon is comic canon.