Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

46 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Tails was upset he wasn't obligated to a girl, she was into some else. 

Actually, it gets worse...

Tails only fell in love with Fiona...because he met a robot duplicate of her, that was designed to be the same age as him, that almost got him robotized, clubbed, and almost drowned and choked him to death.

RCO025.jpg

Also, despite Tails being intelligent...he's 8 years old and doesn't know much about relationships with girls.

55 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Heck when Scourge first got back it was weird when he was impersonating sonic... like very few of the women scourge decided to hit on ever questioned " Hey uh... sonic I don't want to be around you , you are acting hella weird " like none? Like none of these women have enough agency than to decide " hero , must kiss ".

1. Mina, Tails, and Bonnie realized something was off.

RCO009.jpgRCO010.jpg

2. That was kind of the point. The fact that was Sonic was acting weird is the foreshadowing to "Hey, something's not right here."

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

But how about when sonic feels in order to help his friend... he must date her... infront of him because.... that's how this works I guess.

RCO011.jpgRCO014.jpg

Sonic had also been through a lot. Being thrown across space, missing a year on Mobius, trying to stop a war, dealing with the worse breakup ever, losing Tommy Turtle, finding out he can literally talk to regular animals, getting jumped and attacked multiple times, including on his birthday...

Seriously, you have to wonder about the mental stability of these guys after all the crap they have to deal with.

It's good that they finally got a chance to talk about it and get the matter taken care of before Knuckles got hexed and turned into Enerjak.

Or fiona's spontaneous and unwarranted bad guy conversion which really seemed like a half assed reason to make the girl who reasonably didn't want to hang out with sonic and tails.. the bad guy.

Well, in the past Fiona was accidentally left behind in an Eggman Prison when Sonic saved Mighty and Ray, so she held a grudge against the trio.

lVZtEciwy502OTBePH_d3D2WWLndmvyPZG4PeHQ3

RCO006.jpg

During that time, she was pretty much a outlaw/mercenary like Bean & Bark.

After Sonic tried to stop the Quantum Dial, her opinion of him changed and for a while, she tried to change herself and become a hero.

However...

RCO007.jpgRCO010_w.jpgRCO011_w.jpg

...she found it wasn't really for her.

27 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Actually, it gets worse...

Tails only fell in love with Fiona...because he met a robot duplicate of her, that was designed to be the same age as him, that almost got him robotized, clubbed, and almost drowned and choked him to death.

RCO025.jpg

Also, despite Tails being intelligent...he's 8 years old and doesn't know much about relationships with girls.

27 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

"When i need a kid sidekick--i'll let you know!"

"Any guy after me is gonna be bland."

th?id=OIP.-MTElrVF4Na9SiSf7akJXwHaDt&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Also, I know you're doing the best you can, but you probably wanna watch it with that last one.

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

...Shadow cussing like a sailor is.

Hmmm, I don't know if saying "D*** a lot is really swearing like a sailor, maybe like a 4th grader.

12 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

And that is a very gross double standard you’re making, because anyone else can read that and see how inappropriate something like Shadow cussing like a sailor is. But I’ll let your words speak for themselves.

He didn't cuss like a sailor, he said damn.  I don't think all the weird shit that happened in the comic is worth the same as shadow saying damn. And i'm fine with letting that speak for itself.

I’m talking about the fact that Sega were doing equality weird and unfitting stuff in the games, and how that doesn’t give any high ground to judge the weird stuff the comics did.

I don' think I have any high ground, I think its bad. I think its more embarrassing than anything that happened in the games and given sonic 06 , exists. That's saying something. Not all the comics are bad mind you they changed for the better, but there was a period where it was just actually horrible.

If you can’t understand that, then you missed the whole point from the start.

I didn't miss the point at all. I'm not arguing from some high ground. I'm critical of sonic games, noticeably so. that doesn't mean i can't also say that the comics for what they were for a good chunk of time were worse.

Okay, time for some Bumblekast news! I'll name some important bits for IDW:
1. Ian's actually been getting along with SEGA quite well, and they have actually been very receptive to ideas. Including things coming up that he was surprised that SEGA actually gave the okay for that would've NEVER happened in the previous book. The main thing that changed is that Ian isn't as hand-on as he used to be.
2. Ian confirmed the fate of Cream the Rabbit: she is NOT back to being mandated as some people might think. In fact, she (as well as other characters) is actually coming back in Season 2. They were originally supposed to show up in Season 1, but that never came into fruition. So hey, some positive news for once.

• Thumbs Up 8

Cream is coming back, woot.

Can't wait to see what she adds to the comics.

Surely it will be substantial and excellent.

• Way Past Cool 1

I mean is cream really that big a deal? What exactly has she ever done that is just wow factor. Sticks over cream would be a nice change. At least her insane personality is kind of funny. Most I can think of for cream is she can control a choa and says MR Sonic a lot. If sega is open to ideas i wonder if they will try and use some or ian to improve their 3d games stories.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

18 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Okay, time for some Bumblekast news! I'll name some important bits for IDW:
1. Ian's actually been getting along with SEGA quite well, and they have actually been very receptive to ideas. Including things coming up that he was surprised that SEGA actually gave the okay for that would've NEVER happened in the previous book. The main thing that changed is that Ian isn't as hand-on as he used to be.
2. Ian confirmed the fate of Cream the Rabbit: she is NOT back to being mandated as some people might think. In fact, she (as well as other characters) is actually coming back in Season 2. They were originally supposed to show up in Season 1, but that never came into fruition. So hey, some positive news for once.

Cream was obvious. She was inoffensive.

As for point 1 eh? We will see how that actually plays out

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

I mean is cream really that big a deal? What exactly has she ever done that is just wow factor. Sticks over cream would be a nice change. At least her insane personality is kind of funny. Most I can think of for cream is she can control a choa and says MR Sonic a lot. If sega is open to ideas i wonder if they will try and use some or ian to improve their 3d games stories.

We need a normal civilian.

I'm up to see Cream finally do some shit. 

It's also nice to know Sega isn't being do strict this time. Should free up some interesting plotlines later

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'm up to see Cream finally do some shit. 

It's also nice to know Sega isn't being do strict this time. Should free up some interesting plotlines later

We will see. The thing about this sort of thing is we have to see what Ian means , how he's filtering that information. It could be something rather mundane he wanted to do, but never could. We will see

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

It's probably something I'd have to listen to, but what did Ian mean he wasn't as hands-on?

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

It's probably something I'd have to listen to, but what did Ian mean he wasn't as hands-on?

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here, but possibly he was more accepting of SEGA's mandates, and in return, they eased up? 

Keeping in mind, Ian fought them hard back during the 252 era to keep the Freedom Fighters in, and he spent a lot of time establishing his own universe and doing tons of world-building. It might be possible it's because this time around, he's accepted making use of SEGA's preestablished canon and history, and building upon that instead of doing his own thing from scratch?

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't miss the point at all. I'm not arguing from some high ground. I'm critical of sonic games, noticeably so. that doesn't mean i can't also say that the comics for what they were for a good chunk of time were worse.

I’ll believe that when it stops coming with the obvious double standard then.

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Not as hands-on means he doesnt get to see the drawings! He see the art the same time as we do. That's what he said.

That's...surprising? I don't really understand how him seeing drawings beforehand affects SEGA to the point that they'd disallow him to do certain plot points, but whatever I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I’ll believe that when it stops coming with the obvious double standard then.

Thinking one thing is worse than another thing is not a double standard.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That's...surprising? I don't really understand how him seeing drawings beforehand affects SEGA to the point that they'd disallow him to do certain plot points, but whatever I guess.

That's not SEGA that's IDW. It's just how every comic company works.

He used to get access to the drawing at Archie only.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Taking what was said into account, he probably has less input into the art and lets the artists do their thing if it makes a better page or design. I remember on Archie he was involved in a lot of the character design and published scripts of his were pretty detailed.

I was a bit confused reading that grouped with the stuff about Sega's approvals, but what Marco says makes more sense.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

That's not SEGA that's IDW. It's just how every comic company works.

He used to get access to the drawing at Archie only.

Just now, Zaysho said:

Taking what was said into account, he probably has less input into the art and lets the artists do their thing if it makes a better page or design. I remember on Archie he was involved in a lot of the character design.

I was a bit confused reading that grouped with the stuff about Sega's approvals, but what Marco says makes more sense.

The post said he's on better terms with Archie, and then concluded with he isn't as hands on, implying that the better relations with SEGA, and his less hands-on approach is connected, unless they're just unrelated facts that were pushed together for some reason. What Marco says does make sense, it's just the Bumblekast recap should probably have been better formated to show they're unrelated.

14 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Any more interesting bits of info from the bumblekast?

Not IDW Sonic related.

It’s great he’s having a lot more creative freedom on the series, even if it’s with less hands on.

If we’re able to get a Super Neo-Metal when we least expected it, it really opens the door to a lot of things we might finally see that we never got a chance to with the previous series.

30 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Thinking one thing is worse than another thing is not a double standard.

You’re right, that’s a personal opinion. But I’m not talking about a personal opinion, and that’s why you’re missing the point.

What Sega did and what Penders did are weird lores that are bizarre from what anyone would expect from Sonic. Neither one were doing any better. It doesn’t matter if you personally think what Sega did is less worse than what the comics did anymore than someone seeing the exact opposite—they were both engaged in some very outlandish stuff to the extent that their actions were no different despite the diverging outcomes. As such there is no high ground giving Sega more of a pass for what they did and downplaying the stuff they did by comparison, which is the double standard here.

And again, if you cannot understand that, then you’re missing the point.

6 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

What Sega did and what Penders did are weird lores that are bizarre from what anyone would expect from Sonic. Neither one were doing any better.

I don't think so. I think The comic is worse. This is my opinion.

It doesn’t matter if you personally think what Sega did is less worse than what the comics did anymore than someone seeing the exact opposite—they were both engaged in some very outlandish stuff to the extent that their actions were no different despite the diverging outcomes.

It does matter what I personally think, because I think one is worse and you seem to be upset at me thinking that one is worse.

As such there is no high ground giving Sega more of a pass for what they did and downplaying the stuff they did by comparison, which is the double standard here.

I'm not giving sega a pass saying one is worse.

And again, if you cannot understand that, then you’re missing the point.

I understand you seem to hate people have different opinions than yours