Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Who knows? Maybe SEGA will personally design Sticks for Ian to use, or they could keep Sticks how she already is.

Ian Flynn: Say, is this slight redesign acceptable?

SEGA: (Designs a modern Sticks) Here, use this.

Ian Flynn: Oh, um, okay. Thank you, sirs and madams.

With that said, she does technically have one or two already.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I mean...this is basically a Zombie story. 

Chaotix fighting zombies , it would be fun issue ☺️ .

4 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Hopeful me: Shadow kinda tells sonic about himself and sonic has to admit he fucked up but is still firm in his beliefs but from now on actually sometimes ha to  think about how what he's doing and how that might effect people sometime instead of just following his rainbow. No snarky come backs, no appeals, he gets told about himself, is wrong learns from it grows as a person. Also maybe a scene where shadow is genuinely mad at rouge because her actions of going behind his back is actually partially responsible for this. And some animosity builds there I dunno 

Cynical me and what I expect to happen: It will not be acknowledged, or it will be barely acknowledged and then quickly move past because status quo

That's interesting , since Sonic and Shadow don't like each other , it wouldn't be easy to Sonic to admit his mistake to Shadow . Admitting your mistakes to person you dislike isn't the same as admitting to person you are friendly with . It require high level of maturity to do that .

12 hours ago, kimplix said:

So.. thoughts on issue 17's cover?

D0ByeRlW0AE4r2-.jpg

Also, looks like we're getting a reprint of the TSR's one-shot, but with some extra stuff included

D0BwXYWXcAA0msq.png.eb554c3d87da601c333bf36ad0fd4594.png

Happy to see that the Team Sonic Racing comic is getting some added stuff to it like if we are getting a glossary of team moves then there must be a lot of them but its going to take so long to release.

12 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Marine the Fi-...Racoon.

No I hope, not the devil's incarnate!! That little brat better stay dead :P

12 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

That sounds like a Sticks. Ian said that she's not off-limits, due to being created by Sonic Team herself. However, he did say that he might have to redesign her to fit more in the canon universe (less lanky, gloves, etc.)

Did Ian really say she is not off-limits in a Bumblekast, I can't remember if it's old news, can you point me to the exact interview? Because I remember he said he wants to use her but hasn't checked or asked Sega, this was last year I think. By the way, it's clear Ian plans to use her in this storyline, she's perfect for a robot zombie storyline. It's really up to Sega, my biggest fear is that they want to kill her off along with Boom...

6 hours ago, Gumbit said:

Chaotix fighting zombies , it would be fun issue ☺️ .

That's interesting , since Sonic and Shadow don't like each other , it wouldn't be easy to Sonic to admit his mistake to Shadow . Admitting your mistakes to person you dislike isn't the same as admitting to person you are friendly with . It require high level of maturity to do that .

That's why it would be great. He doesn't have to think shadow is right about wanting to kill eggman. He can stand up on that. But shadow was thinking about farther reaching consequences sonic just wasn't thinking about and didn't even bother to keep an eye on the potentially dangerous dude who was just chilling out in the open. And maybe if he was going to make the argument that shadow shouldn't have gotten rid of him,  he should have ...actually thought of how to protect him from stuff like this. That there totally might be some awful people who benefit from eggman being awful. 

Again he don't have to say murder was good, but he can say that there could been other ways he should have protected tinker and doing stuff and leaving ( This is when he cuts away thinking of what all his friends have been doing in the restructuring group ) might not be the beast means of maintained peace. 

Also Shadow maybe gets upset that sonic even thought to compare eggman to himself after all this bullshit happens. 

Then you have a section that's like " Hey rouge part of the reason this occurred is because you went around me, and tricked me. The fuck was that about " 

That said, unless this is the " Crazy thing that Sega let him do " I don't think its gonna happen, following his rainbow is the thing that he do. Being a fast free go with the flow kind of guy. And someone directly and rightfully so in a lot of respects calling his laissez faire a pretty dangerous method of being a hero, seems like something people concerned about the sonic brand would just... hate. 

" Character growth? Fuck that. Time for unresolved plotlines!" 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Then you have a section that's like " Hey rouge part of the reason this occurred is because you went around me, and tricked me. The fuck was that about "  

This is the only part that I don't get it .

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Either the Rio Olympics one or the Sonic Channel one.

They're both the same as the Boom design.

3 hours ago, Gumbit said:

This is the only part that I don't get it .

Spoiler

I mean, the plot of the comic was she contacted the chaotix who got sonic to come in and check on him yeah, she knew his location. If she hadn't said anything , shadow would have effectively ended the problem then and there. And while she can say she felt like it was morally wrong given the doctor's mindset, her actions have now caused a bunch of problems for a bunch of people because she believed to know better. If team dark is to effectively work as a team, rouge doing things like this and putting things in danger is kind of a problem. Shadow may go off on his own, but its usually because he's trying to solve the problem the quest and most effective way he can think at the moment. He never actively goes out and undoes rouge's work. Rouge in this scenario was effectively stopping this. I can also see shadow being the type of person who would get particularly upset that he was trying to do something, someone stopped him and the exact thing he said was gonna happen, happened. 

Not saying shadow's right, I can see him being pissed at her, along with being pissed at sonic is all i'm saying. 

Do you think IDW could do their own “Storybook game” of sorts? A new story based on the concept of the Storybooks? Considering it’s unlikely Sega will do one again (and if they did, it wouldn’t resemble the originals much).

• Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone checked if

1. the five-page preview exists (I only saw the 3-page preview) and

2. the comic released early? It tends to do that close to Wednesday. Like what happened with Issue 13.

17 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Has anyone checked if

1. the five-page preview exists (I only saw the 3-page preview) and

2. the comic released early? It tends to do that close to Wednesday. Like what happened with Issue 13.

Someone posted the full synopsis on the Sonic wiki 

I thought they were just gonna have Metal somehow activate his defense shield again to cut off the link between him and Silver's telekinesis, but uh, warping him through space instantaneously via a macguffin works, too.

4 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

The last two pages-

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20190227000329

latest?cb=20190227000305

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Sonic doesn't seem to realize that this is all his fault for letting Metal go? Granted he doesn't know that Metal was the reason Eggman got his memory back but he doesn't seem to care that letting him go bite him back 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

I thought they were just gonna have Metal somehow activate his defense shield again to cut off the link between him and Silver's telekinesis, but uh, warping him through space instantaneously via a macguffin works, too.

Does it qualify as a Macguffin if it's a standard ability for a character?

Either way, happy to see some new Finitevus-styled fighting here.

4 hours ago, Redbluethunder5 said:

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Sonic doesn't seem to realize that this is all his fault for letting Metal go? Granted he doesn't know that Metal was the reason Eggman got his memory back but he doesn't seem to care that letting him go bite him back 

This. It could have been a great plot point, I wouldn't say it's too late for it to happen. We'll have to see when Sonic meets Eggman.

Anyway, ok issue, dialogue is entertaining but the plot is quite boring, lacking and slow IMO:

Spoiler

I mean, not much happens, I wanted answers on Starline and who he is, I guess they are saving it for later but my theory is really that he comes from the future, as he travels through space, and he made it clear he studied Sonic and Eggman for years. Although I don't mind a little mystery.

The Metal Virus plot is the most interesting part. Now Rough and Tumble are the first mobian subjects. Cool, they deserve it. 

Dialogue from Sonic and Eggman is really fun, they are really written well, Eggman is really cruel and I love the characterization. But yeah… not much happened sadly, I was expecting more from the encounter with Starline, not really an interesting plot so far. We will see how this evolves in later issues. Silver was also kinda useless in the issue.

This comic is getting boring to me!

NEXT ISSUE: SONIC AND ONE FRIEND FIGHT AN ENEMY WHILE EGGMAN CONTINUES TO MAKE HIS VIRUS.

Same plot for issue 13,14, and 15! Mark my words.

Why do I like post-reboot comics much more than these new comics at this point?

• Thumbs Up 4

I love Sonic basically calling out and telling Metal that he has been downgraded. Neo was leagues more a threat than his beep boop self XD