Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

One thing that could be nice would be to give Rouge or Omega their own adventures or at least have stories centered around either of the two instead of Shadow.

I don't think that's every going to happen with omega for a few reasons, but those reasons can be summed up as, he's shallow and no one cares. 

But rouge? Yeah totally. She can have complete autonomy outside of shadow and could actually be a character and interact with other people and still be shadows friend/romantic partner/surrogate sister whatever you think they are. 

I would like that a lot. Will they do it? We will see

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think that's every going to happen with omega for a few reasons, but those reasons can be summed up as, he's shallow and no one cares. 

Why not? E-102 had an emotional arc in Sonic Adventures.

14 hours ago, Dr. Jack said:

Does Rouge have to be a hero every time? In my fan fiction she's a rogue type, you never know what's up with her, her alliances and interests, I prefer it that way. Keeps the character interesting and engaging.

Well she's meant to be an anti-hero; however, the way she was portrayed in TTT made her more a villain given how she didn't care about destroying Blaze's world by stealing the Sol emerald which doesn't seem to be in character for her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure people already know what I want/need.

And well it ain't plucked chiken. :rolleyes:

Just one thing, respectfully -not shoehornedly since all people would start wailing/raging- made that's all...

FF in some way.

8 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Nää, robot with huge firepower and such a lust for destroying is bound to have some interests in readers' eyes when we're talking about somewhat action-paced stuff. Omega's funny in his crazy way, at least I care about the character enough for liking to see something like that pulled off. It might be a lighter characterisation but I dunno if I'd go all the way to shallow, I could see even Omega doing his own stuff. After all, I'd say it's all about the writer. 

And of course, it's also all about the reader. I don't enjoy everything that's been praised by others, largely or little, out of everything ever made about anything, and that's just about different tastes, so I suppose what'd work for me just fine could make you guys feel nauseous. Or not.

Hoping comics will be good is actually a bit abstract way to put ones hopes considering it differs from person to person what'll make a good comic. :blink:

This is one of the reasons why I didn't take any more humanist stuff than was obligatory in high school, I'd sit in the classroom muttering myself after closing for like weeks about some random stuff... <_<

Of course, I'm pretty much nobody but maybe that should've been defined a bit earlier? :D

• Nice Smile 1

21 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I want no Classic Sonic alongside Modern Sonic! Modern Sonic can have a good adventure by himself! No need for the 2 of them in the same room Sega!!

He was only in Forces because it's a cheap trick by Sega to attract nostalgic fans! (Just like the inclusion of Chaos and Shadow as villain, contradicting their redemption, it was not hard to see that they were in fact fakes!!) The cheap "Sonic from another dimension"  excuse destroys the whole canon!

And he adds nothing to the story!

I want to Sonic to be ONE character able to stand on his own, without the need for his younger cute self to attract nostalgic costumers !!

I only want Classic Sonic in the flashbacks or in a "Megadrive" styled comic.

Also I want to say that having 2 Sonics will inevitably make me loose my attention on which Sonic should I root for more, or which one is the hero of the story. And I don't want that! Sonic is one character! Don't you guys feel the same way?? Sonic IDW is the only reason I still have hope for Sonic, and if the comics makes the same mistake as Forces, then I'm done with this franchise!

I hope Sega will not force Ian to use 2 Sonics. My worst fears for this franchise is that for their next game, Sega brings chibi versions of each characters and make huge nonsense-classic-in-your-face-fest!! :mad:

• Nice Smile 1

I might've got it wrong again but I was left with an impression classic isn't too much on the table when it comes to the IDW's new series.

Though I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and certainly not the last time. Only prolly latest.

I can see people getting confused over things like that, then again I still find all those early million Sonic/Tails Archie stories entertaining in a way.

I said I could make you guys feel nauseous with my tastes didn't I? :D

1 minute ago, BlueSky said:

I might've got it wrong again but I was left with an impression classic isn't too much on the table when it comes to the IDW's new series.

Though I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and certainly not the last time. Only prolly latest.

I can see people getting confused over things like that, then again I still find all those early million Sonic/Tails Archie stories entertaining in a way.

I said I could make you guys feel nauseous with my tastes didn't I? :D

I like the early stories too, one thing with Archie is that Sonic evolved at the same rate as the games! Young Sonic had Classic design, Older Sonic had Modern design! That's it!

Generations was supposed to be a one-time event, but they repeated it in Forces!

• Thumbs Up 3

Except for the times when they didn't and came up with even more hamfisted and unbelievable explanations for the characters' redesigns than the games ever did.

• Thumbs Up 3

Regarding classic Sonic, if he is to appear i hope they do it like archie did, use him as the younger sonic, let he be in the flashbacks (like was happening in the latest issues) and in stories set in the past (GoaH/Mega Drive), just DON'T bring the two-world nonsense into play please.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 3

^x2 In some cases maybe, but I still think Robo-buttnik was a pretty good cop-out. An interesting concept that led to some repetitiveness.

It's funny how preparing for assumed cancellation led to such a thing while no warning gave us... situations.

However it goes someone's always feeling bad about it.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Except for the times when they didn't and came up with even more hamfisted and unbelievable explanations for the characters' redesigns than the games ever did.

Yeah, like Any being aged up with magic. To be honest, when I found out about that I kind of stopped reading the old continuity books.

37 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Yeah, like Any being aged up with magic. To be honest, when I found out about that I kind of stopped reading the old continuity books.

That did come out a bit of nowhere but I dunno, has anybody any ideas about how they'd have done the appearance-change? At the moment I haven't really got any, maybe later...

Nah, you stopped too early! You'll miss many "twists" if you go no further.

Like plaster-casted-from-his-foot-Antoine practically cursing for elevators not working while they'd be needed in Albion... okay, that wasn't a good sell speech, what about Sonic experiencing time-dilation and wormhole-travelling at the same arc -due to the spacebrainsquids' attack- or something?

Nah, there's stuff that's interesting too, but well... I stil can't help but wonder how echidnas could let any fire fighter work with plaster-casted foot though... no wonder they went endangered. Gee I make that story sound funnier than it is...

I do wonder if IDW'll get that zany at any point...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I thought they'd changed looks during Sonic's trip to space, would of been a golden opportunity, but it turns out I miss remembered. They're still classic for at least an arc or two.

time-dilation

I don't know, I enjoyed their explanation for Sonic's modern look, getting hit with a time laser weapon.It's the kind of comic sci-fi I would associate with The Flash.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Just...change it and go with it without a convoluted explanation? That's what happened to Vector and Espio, who changed attire and even physical build partway through an arc with zero explanation. 

Well, I suppose it'd be the easiest-to-accept solution for many, considering all people won't ever agree on something completely and all.

We do have headcanons after all.

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

I thought they'd changed looks during Sonic's trip to space, would of been a golden opportunity, but it turns out I miss remembered. They're still classic for at least an arc or two.

... didn't Sonic change his looks before the space-trip? :huh: I dunno, I have a feeling it happened before that spacetrip, didn't overlanders come back from space before Sonic's great space odyssey? Since it was Nate Morgan's funny thing for restoring the timey-wimey the Ultimate annihilator created or something? And he pretty much "died" in that point where Robobuttnik decided to go twisted Midas...

I dunno, someone confirm/deconfirm this. At what point Sonic's appearance changed, since I think it was before that Adventure "adaptation"... that thingy I formerly explained, in this same post no less...

Also funny you quoted the best part of my post there.

11 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

... didn't Sonic change his looks before the space-trip? :huh:

Sorry, the top half of my post was in relation to Vector and Espio's appearance. I would of sworn they had their changes directly after the space-trip but no.

Sonic's look changed in Issue 71, Robo-Robotnik fired a time laser at the planet, and Sonic circles the globe fast enough to get the laser to veer off target on to him.

You wrote "time--dilation" in relation to the squid aliens and I may of jumped too far back, to a very different time-dilation. ^^;

4 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Sorry, the top half of my post was in relation to Vector and Espio's appearance. I would of sworn they had their changes directly after the space-trip but no.

Sonic's look changed in Issue 71, Robo-Robotnik fired a time laser at the planet, and Sonic circles the globe fast enough to get the laser to veer off target on to him.

Aah, my mistake. I'm sorry, hope I didn't confuse anybody with my rambling. :blushing:

Well, I suppose those two decided to celebrate Sonic's return with new looks or something... ^_^

The Home arc is directly after Sonic's return from space, and they have their classic looks there (and even classic skill sets). The Home epilogue had them in their Heroes looks, likely because this was Dubs' first issue and he decided to do the change. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The Home arc is directly after Sonic's return from space, and they have their classic looks there (and even classic skill sets). The Home epilogue had them in their Heroes looks, likely because this was Dubs' first issue and he decided to do the change. 

Which is funny because I'm pretty sure I remember Return to Angel Island having Vector back in his classic look.

8 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I like the early stories too, one thing with Archie is that Sonic evolved at the same rate as the games! Young Sonic had Classic design, Older Sonic had Modern design! That's it!

Not... really? It's not like he went through puberty. There was no Young and Older Sonic in the classic days, Classic Sonic was always a teenager. Sonic transformed into his modern self because of time warping-Super Emerald-world travelling mumbo jumbo.

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Which is funny because I'm pretty sure I remember Return to Angel Island having Vector back in his classic look.

He had his classic proportions (a head separate from his body) but he had the modern outfit.

12 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Nää, robot with huge firepower and such a lust for destroying is bound to have some interests in readers' eyes when we're talking about somewhat action-paced stuff. =

Omega has been that for years 

Omega has never not been that. No one cares, I say this as someone who likes omega, no one cares and when's he's gone. No one asks where he is. Omega could have been gone in forces, and folks would have been asking for blaze. No one cares and the only way to make people kind of care about omega is that shadow kind of cares about omega. If shadow all of a sudden stopped caring about omega omega could just vanish into the either and it would be done. 

Not all sonic characters are cared for equally, some are cared for not at all. He's a 3rd wheel that should have dissipated after his first appearance and unlike shadow and his popularity never had the fanbase to justify his continued appearances.  

If they wanna invigorate team dark, or to show how much no one cares. 

Omega dies, and they get a new 2nd girl who's a techie. Bet you money people will act like omega never existed.