Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Everyone in the comments is saying it's Sally behind the silhouette, I doubt it... really, I mean it would be a huge reveal but I don't know. Since it's rumored to be a Forces aftermath, or at least the first issues, I'm guessing it's the Avatar (red wolf). Who do you think he/she is?

Unless it's some crossover... already?

5 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Looks like a bird character to me. Pretty sure it's a new character too.

Exactly. Unless they redesigned one of the older characters with a topknot/manbun. 

Ok, there’s a good guess to what kind of character it is.

What I notice is that Sonic has a confident ready to kick ass look on his face and is grabbing presumingly the newbie’s tail.

Another thing to notice is that the part where Sonic is grabbing it is shaking which is an indication of fear.

So my guess? Sonic is dragging along a new character who has a very nervous and cowardly personality into the action!

No clue about the species, but I think it’s either a bird or squirrel.

I hope that’s the case, we haven’t a nervous timid character in the series yet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

That's neat, i mean there are several other game characters I kinda wanna see first. I was expecting the first book to be a simple contained thing, but sure its neat I geuss. Hope its good. That's all I can do

Wouldn't it be messed up if it was terrible? That would be some shit

10 hours ago, FFWF said:

My impression is that that arc didn't quite work out as well as planned.  I see where Ian was probably coming from; they'd just had to throw out a new world, so he made his first priority a big world-building showcase which would establish the new status quo.  It's not a bad idea, but clearly it began to drag, and from what I understand the ending was fairly abrupt - probably in response to the fact that the approach had overstayed its welcome.  So, assuming those tweets were riffing on the length of the Unleashed saga, I would imagine that Ian has no illusions about its flaws.  That's just my perception, though.

World's Unite and the hiatus(es) didn't exactly help things.

1 hour ago, Neon Talking CC14 said:

Our first character teaser, courtesy of the Facebook group and new Evan Stanley art!

M41bVEs.jpg

The full image will be revealed in five days.

I was gonna say Tails at first, but then I realized the rest of it doesn't match.

Unless it's actually two characters.

Is that even a hand/tail he's grabbing?

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, DabigRG said:

Is that even a hand/tail he's grabbing?

Could be two hands, and the character is clasping with both hands because they're terrified. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the comic will not be after Forces, because if you look at the robots in the backgrond, it looks like Heroes design not Forces design.

latest?cb=20111219193613

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

It’s not a hand because if it is, the fingers are drawn differently from Sonic’s so we can rule that out.

It’s gotta be a tail because of it’s fluffy appearance.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Could be two hands, and the character is clasping with both hands because they're terrified. 

Looking at it again, I can sorta see that. Guess the coloring on the tail was a little too obscuring.

Just now, DabigRG said:

image.jpeg.cb31de6aef02b50f936250a9ca2e67d3.jpegimage.jpeg.6c20c8447c1dba00e1756ccac305a8ab.jpegImage result for ray the flying squirrel archieimage.jpeg.35a71dbd5059753753d9b648e04f72f8.jpegimage.jpeg.9f01c53befa612277504432dd2e0fb39.jpegImage result for buddy the wolf sonic infinite

Uh huh

Lol, I had a feeling I was gonna get corrected in that sense, and I myself knew characters like Ray, Antoine, and the Avatar existed lol.

I probably thought being scared was just a trait of them rather then their main personality lol.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, Dee Dude said:

Lol, I had a feeling I was gonna get corrected in that sense, and I myself knew characters like Ray, Antoine, and the Avatar existed lol.

I probably thought being scared was just a trait of them rather then their main personality lol.

True.

Though Pre-boot Ray, Dylan, and Skye still fit.

• Nice Smile 1

It won't be Antoine (why remove 10+ years of character development just to make him a scaredy-cat again), or Skye (Tails' kid, and I'm sure Sega would not approve of children of games characters again. I could be wrong). 

• Nice Smile 1

That wasn't what they were saying. It was just that they all counted under the archetype being discussed. 

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

well looks like someone remembered to hide some of the areas in back. (brightened up the image)

imageprogxvvy_php.thumb.jpg.7d528368636cf523eb3a002ee98ae59f.jpg

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid or something, but,

What?

What I'm seeing is that the tuft is the same colour as the hands/tail/whatever (aka white).

Sooo definitely not Sally. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, the character is definitely gray furred. 

Again, that isn't a hand because even if it's clawed and gloveless, it would only have 4 fingers which Sonic characters have 5. It's gotta be a tail.

unless it's from the special zone dimension nack is from

1 minute ago, Dee Dude said:

Well, the character is definetly gray furred. 

Again, that isn't a hand because even it's clawed and gloveless, it would only have 4 fingers which Sonic characters have 5. It's gotta be a tail.

unless it's from the special zone dimension nack is from

I guess the quote is from the Facebook Group, it says that is a hand...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1