Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

27 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

well looks like someone remembered to hide some of the areas in back. (brightened up the image)

imageprogxvvy_php.thumb.jpg.7d528368636cf523eb3a002ee98ae59f.jpg

Oh, so that's Sonic's hand! Okay, I have no idea what that character could be.

There is a question mark after "a hand," so its possible its not actually a hand. I guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

• Thumbs Up 3

I know I'm jumping the gun but please don't be a love interest

if it is please be a guy for a change

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They nuked every love interest post-reboot, what makes you think they'd allow it now?

It's a possibility. We don't really know the extent of the mandates in IDW Sonic.

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They nuked every love interest post-reboot, what makes you think they'd allow it now?

I dunno, sudden change of plans? :P

I hope they keep that way though. It was sooo good going through the reboot without worring about that drama and romance from before.

4 hours ago, Neon Talking CC14 said:

Our first character teaser, courtesy of the Facebook group and new Evan Stanley art!

M41bVEs.jpg

The full image will be revealed in five days.

Looks like it might be a sheep.

Or a chicken.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Neon Talking CC14 said:

Our first character teaser, courtesy of the Facebook group and new Evan Stanley art!

M41bVEs.jpg

The full image will be revealed in five days.

I think it could be a bird too. Also I think they confirmed Matt Herms too? Looks like his coloring style.

• Nice Smile 1

...Honestly, I keep looking at that and thinking 'sloth claws.'

Could be anything, but that's my guess.

• Nice Smile 1

Well, about time they talk about the cast of characters.

I guess it's not surprising that they're revealing one in this fashion, with how much fan demand there is to find out about the characters. Driving up that hype! I just hope it doesn't backfire on them.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

13 minutes ago, Celestia said:

...Honestly, I keep looking at that and thinking 'sloth claws.'

Could be anything, but that's my guess.

Yo, a sloth character could be nice. I know we had one during the Werehog arc, but another one could be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still let's not forget that this must be one of many other new characters. So there's hope for other species.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

That honestly wouldn't shock me. The synopsis of the first trade seems to suggest that it's taking place shortly after Forces anyway, so maybe the new character is based on the bird avatar. Assuming it's actually a bird.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Honestly, I think, or want to believe, that it's a returning character. Doing a big character reveal like this would feel kind of meaningless if it was a new guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Honestly, I think, or want to believe, that it's a returning character. Doing a big character reveal like this would feel kind of meaningless if it was a new guy.

Why would it be meaningful for a pre-existing game character we already know is coming back?

Now, if you mean like a forgotten character or someone from Satam, then I see your point.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

Why would it be meaningful for a pre-existing game character we already know is coming back?

Now, if you mean like a forgotten character or someone from Satam, then I see your point.

Hyping up a reveal like this only really makes sense if it's the return of an old character.

If it were a new character that nobody is familiar with, it'd just feel like an anti-climax.

In other words: "holy crap I can't believe XXX is in the new comic!" vs "new oc, yaaay...?"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Problem is with Stanley's nigh-confirmation that it's a bird, there aren't any characters of old that could fit the bill. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

In other words: "holy crap I can't believe XXX is in the new comic!"

Don't think they could get away with that.

On a side note, I remember hearing Evan say she planned on continuing her planned Archie Silver stories on her own time. Maybe she can incorporate those ideas into this new book.

EDIT: "..it's a bird, but there aren't any characters of old that could fit the bill."

Was that intentional, VEDJ?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1