Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Sonic Forces made no sense at all story-wise!

I'd rather have it as an IDW adaptation with no Classic Sonic.

Same here. Maybe expand on the story and characters a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also what do you think of the people who want Sally and who comment in each posts in the Facebook group about it?

Each time I say to myself "there's these guys, here we go again..."

They seem desperate for her!! I hope they don't spam the group if she doesn't appear.

I wouldn't have a problem if she appeared less than before, or even not at all...

Also, tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't want crossovers! I have no interest in them! For example, I love Scrooge McDuck as much as Sonic, and even if they're both anthropomorphic animals, I see 0 reasons to crossover him with Sonic, so imagine my confusion towards posts about My little pony, or Transformers, or Godzilla in the Facebook group! Ain't it useless?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

15 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Also what do you think of the people who want Sally and who comment in each posts in the Facebook group about it?

They seem desperate for her!! I hope they don't spam the group if she doesn't appear.

I wouldn't have a problem if she appeared less than before, or even not at all...

Also, tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't want crossovers! I have no interest in them! For example, I love Scrooge McDuck as much as Sonic, and even if they're both anthropomorphic animals, I see 0 reasons to crossover him with Sonic, so imagine my confusion towards posts about My little pony, or Transformers, or Godzilla in the Facebook group! Ain't it useless?

I would probably be alright if Sally was a side character rather than one of the main protagonists. She got enough focus in the comics and SatAM.

I can see the problem with crossovers in that sometimes they feel cheap attempts at trying to grab readers attention (not to say that some can't work). While it's been said many times, Worlds Unite seemed to be a rather lackluster crossover (not helped by the reset ending and how pointless it was for the Sonic series as a whole).

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, I'd like to quote Troublethecat from the Archie Sonic Online board that was rather interesting.

"They also could have left the second character uncolored to make it harder for fans to guess who it is."
I think they make a good point.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

^ So, does that mean someone's already figured it out? :huh:

I dunno why coloured version is a bad thing though, it just gives more water for the mill to work, makes speculations flow and that's prolly one of the most interesting things happening in here at this moment, speculation I mean.

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, FFWF said:

I actually think this is 100% correct.  Furthermore, if the character is one of a number of generic civilians, the significance of a chicken is that they feature among Sonic's animal friends from the very earliest games, and so I would suggest that there will be a whole crowd of similar adaptations of the squirrel, bunny, seal etc.  There's one more piece of evidence in favour of the chicken interpretation, too: That odd shape atop its head makes complete sense as a chicken's comb.

That would pretty cool, admittedly.

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I suppose at least some guys know already but I do like burds. ^_^

... In that Tumblr post someone mentioned Old Man Owl already, even when that stuff isn't usable, at least that's what I've been told.

Yeah, I saw that too. That'd be some kinda mess if it was true.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

It's probably because Sally is more or less the face of Archie/SatAM Sonic in SEGA's eye. They were able to do things like insert her Mecha Form into one panel of World's Collide and even make covers with her as the focus/star because of that.

If it did turn out to be Sally, that logiclly means the SatAM and perhaps even the Archie characters are safe to appear in the IDW comic.

"Help us Princess Sally--you're our shining hope!"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Kind of sad, because Sally's become "the face" and people are for her in every place (that did also happen before the cancellation by some degree) some others are getting mad at the said character and hating her for that. -_-

She isn't the first one in my list, but my list doesn't really have the last place so she isn't that either. She's a character I grew to appreciate after I got used to her, I suppose it's about whether or not you can tolerate the concept long enough to get interested enough about a character when it comes to me. I dunno about the others though, I think it isn't the case for many others, that's the picture I've got reading the forums after all.

I can get it gets a bit annoying, especially when Sally's asked so much compared to the others, but well, it might be for grapping the attention in some cases.

But be prepared, people are gonna complain whether or not she's in the comics. I dunno, I hope we could keep on wondering other stuff, this thing about who should exist leaves an aftertaste in my mouth. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

What would be the point of making a new comic then throwing someone as obscure as Sharps into the fore so soon?

At least with the bird avatar it ties in to the idea of it being a Forces aftermath thus contextually makes sense as to why they're there. 

Like I said, I really DON'T want the comic being a Forces aftermath. They SAID this was a new continuity, so I don't want this being connected to the games that much. This a new continuity, so it should be away from the games.

24 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

What would be the point of making a new comic then throwing someone as obscure as Sharps into the fore so soon?

At least with the bird avatar it ties in to the idea of it being a Forces aftermath thus contextually makes sense as to why they're there. 

Because he'd possibly be redesigned to fit better with the Avatar designs.

Just now, DabigRG said:

Because he'd possibly be redesigned to fit better with the Avatar designs.

But he still wouldn't be thrown right onto the cover for the first issue. 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

But he still wouldn't be thrown right onto the cover for the first issue. 

I don't see any reason to assume that given that we know basically nothing about the story or world yet.

2 minutes ago, FFWF said:

I think "nothing to do with the games" is highly unlikely to be what's signified by a new continuity.

I'm not saying I want it to have nothing to do with the games. I just don't want it to be in the same continuity as the games, since they said it was a different continuity in general.

21 hours ago, Neon Talking CC14 said:

Our first character teaser, courtesy of the Facebook group and new Evan Stanley art!

M41bVEs.jpg

The full image will be revealed in five days.

That should be Wednesday right? I think that's usually when IDW's solicits go up. So this is probably a cover then.

49 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Like I said, I really DON'T want the comic being a Forces aftermath. They SAID this was a new continuity, so I don't want this being connected to the games that much. This a new continuity, so it should be away from the games.

You can look at the bright side, if this takes place after Forces, there are likely not game adaptations, and just original stories. My favorite option. And I hope it ties into Forces in some way though, not a direct adaptation, but still make some interesting characters out of the cool Avatar designs.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

You can look at the bright side, if this takes place after Forces, there are likely not game adaptations, and just original stories. My favorite option. And I hope it ties into Forces in some way though, not a direct adaptation, but still make some interesting characters out of the cool Avatar designs.

Are we waiting for Scarborough Bear?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme...

12 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

But they were already making some very cool characters in Archie Post-Reboot, not by from Sonic Forces, but by taking ideas and rules from Yuji Uekawa's modern Sonic characters designs.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

Again, I'm not saying I want it to have nothing to do with the games. I just want this to be a different continuity FROM the games, like Ian and the conference hinted.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Again, I'm not saying I want it to have nothing to do with the games. I just want this to be a different continuity FROM the games, like Ian and the conference hinted.

To be fair, it kinda has to be, dude.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I don't want a different continuity because, it is essential to keep the informations from the games:

-Sonic 1,2,3,CD are essential to early Sonic history.

-Sonic Adventures defined Knuckle's history.

-Sonic Adventure 2 introduced Shadow and Rouge.

-Sonic Heroes introduced the Chaotix as we know them.

-Shadow The Hedgehog finished Shadow's story.

(other games like Colors, or Unleashed may be omitted, except if Chip or the wisps are to appear)

Why so? Because we are assumed to know these characters and their basic characteristics. How? From essential games like SA2 or Heroes.

The only way to have a different continuity from the game is like Boom, and I don't want that. These informations about the characters that are found in the games need to be kept as it is.

I think one of the mandates is that they can't contradict what happened in the games, major events at least. Those should be canon. But yeah, it has to be a different continuity, with new characters, unless the book somehow manages to become canon to the games - I wouldn't want that to happen, because it would mean super strict rules and little plots and no development, honestly - but I'm not worried, it's kinda impossible, but hey, the Forces comics are apparently canon.

• Thumbs Up 5