Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

I was probably wrong when I said the comics should cater towards game fans, since they are anti-comics, anti-games, well, some of them at least. I don't know anymore. I'm a simple Sonic fan, when I see good writing and good drawings, I buy the comics. I'm wondering if there are still simple Sonic fans around, probably yes but not on the internet. Good for me though, I will surely enjoy them :)

Didn't the mods say to cut out the "Sonic fans hate the games, hate the comics" shtick like, 2 pages ago?

Shit, didn't they say that like, several months ago when Forces was still pre-release? 

Trying to dismiss people who don't like things purely because they don't like things is daft. The complaints I've seen against what we now know of the comics seem fairly reasoned enough. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well annnnnnnnnnnyway. I'm liking the look and direction.  now back to characters.  any word on when we may get a tease at some new ones outside the mains like sonic and amy

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Meta77 said:

Well annnnnnnnnnnyway. I'm liking the look and direction.  now back to characters.  any word on when we may get a tease at some new ones outside the mains like sonic and amy

The cover with the goat girl. She looks stylish.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually feel nothing really about it. I was hoping for a fresh new start for Sonic as a comic. But it seems like they just going again with Satam route. Nothing against Satam, but, we had this for almost 20 years. I mean, if they just have the same writers, artist and almost the same story telling as before, why even cancel the Archie comics in the first place? 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Swing said:

I actually feel nothing really about it. I was hoping for a fresh new start for Sonic as a comic. But it seems like they just going again with Satam route. Nothing against Satam, but, we had this for almost 20 years. I mean, if they just have the same writers, artist and story telling liek before, why even cancel the Archie comics in the first place? 

Kind of accepted with three comic series in this vein that “this is how Sonic comics are”. Maybe after this ends they do go with an even fresher start?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Didn't the mods say to cut out the "Sonic fans hate the games, hate the comics" shtick like, 2 pages ago?

Shit, didn't they say that like, several months ago when Forces was still pre-release? 

Trying to dismiss people who don't like things purely because they don't like things is daft. The complaints I've seen against what we now know of the comics seem fairly reasoned enough. 

Not really, maybe some of them outside of "I won't touch anything related to Forces again". This is my last post concerning this, because I already have to avoid most of SSMB for this backlash baggage, I want to save this thread at least. And I think it's off-topic too?

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

I actually feel nothing really about it. I was hoping for a fresh new start for Sonic as a comic. But it seems like they just going again with Satam route. Nothing against Satam, but, we had this for almost 20 years. I mean, if they just have the same writers, artist and story telling liek before, why even cancel the Archie comics in the first place? 

I think we can sum the reason with two words: Bad Management. (right?)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Kind of accepted with three comic series in this vein that “this is how Sonic comics are”. Maybe after this ends they do go with an even fresher start?

This will take a while. Well at least we will have some nice drawings. But I'm worried about the writing. 

• Fist Bump 1

I honestly don't mind that the comics will take place after Forces (Though I understand why people aren't fan of this) mostly because we can see Sonic and friends help clean up the world after Eggman's defeat and it show a lot more of stuff under Eggman's reign than Forces. Hopefully the writers get this out of the way by the 5th issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the teaser thing they pulled in hindsight.

5 days before release; Fans: It's Sally!

3 days before release; Fans: It's Antoine!

Now; 

Hey, I'm down for it. Sheep are my second-favourite animal. 

• Nice Smile 1

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Also, the new characters on the cover, will they be only random citizens, or will they be new important characters??

Sonic-Bcover-02-feat.jpg?q=35&w=984&h=51

I hope they are important, they look really cute

AND THERE'S A JACKAL BEHIND THE NOT ECHIDNA KID

10 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I like that Amy will star in Issue 2 rather than Knuckles since I see her get sidelined in favor of him often. 

We all know it's so they can make the "Issue 3 & Knuckles" joke....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 5

The new character's designs look really interesting (especially the sheep! That's how the Sonic Adventure designer would have made a sheep character), I hope they are important!

6 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

I hope they are important, they look really cute

AND THERE'S A JACKAL BEHIND THE NOT ECHIDNA DUDE

I don't know. They still look like background characters to me. You know how Sega is. If they have a new important character (which they will have for this new comic, because every new step this series make must have a new character to hype the public) than they would promote it heavily like they always do.  

I was wondering why I was suddenly late in the thread. Something sparked discussion indeed.

I'm liking the new character designs and inclusion a lot. I was kinda worried at it was a simple Sonic vs. Eggman brawl from the first cover.

23 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Also, the new characters on the cover, will they be only random citizens, or will they be new important characters??

IS THAT A SHEEP???

I love these designs! I am so excited right now! XD

24 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

! Just noticed her. She s pretty cute in a bubbly way

I'm pretty upset about this too, but more because I wanted to see an actual Forces adaptation and not the aftermath (and I also knew everyone was going to react negatively). I guess it'll be fine since I'm sure they will do original storylines after this. I hope at least the red wolf avatar will show up then and become an official character of his own as the true main Avatar. Please at least do that Ian. Maybe he really is the mystery character they're teasing. 

I was hoping, PRAYING, that this won't be set in the game universe. But NOPE. Ian said that this would be new. NOPE. SEGA said they'll be looser with IDW. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case, cuz now they can't contradict what happened in Forces or other games. 
I'm not mad because it's Forces. I'm mad because we were supposed to start with a clean slate, and now, we have to abide by the game universe's rules. 
There is a silver lining to this, however: It could (and I'm hoping) that this is an alternate continuity from the games, like how the Archie Comics were.
Also, ABT is back! The art looks noice too!

Of course it will be. They said it would be. Jeez.

Also, this is sort of new since it's about the game's aftermath instead of an adaptation (Though again even I was hoping it'd be completely original, but again only because I wanted Forces to actually be adapted later).