Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

I like how Amy is going to try and get Sonic to rejoin the resistance. That’s one thing that really bugged me about the ending to Forces.

Does it say that in the solicit?

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

How was it out of place exactly?

Sonic has always played that card. He's the Grand Marshall of the Super Power of Teamwork parade, but as soon as everything calms down he is the first one to hit the road. Then when the next crisis hits, its all "long time no see" and teamwork again. Chronicles is really the only game that ever addressed this.

Pretty much.

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Oh you mean like in SA1 where Sonic used everyone positive emotions to transform into Super Sonic and save the day. Then while everyone was basking in the afterglow, Sonic ditched the entire cast to go after Eggman on his own.

...Ew...?

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

However, Sonic Forces ends with the characters realizing there’s more to do, and they decide for once that they should stick together. It’s very dickish for Sonic to leave when his friends decide they need each other. Even Shadow, Rouge, and Omega are sticking around it seems! You know something is off when Shadow is fine with working with others, yet Sonic isn’t.

That's probably a reflection of the Team Dark and even the GUN agent stuff, really.

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

8vVW1x.jpg

Yeah, this'll be the greatest troll ever if it turns out not to be Sally.

Yeah-heh-heh-heh, seriously! :joy:

EDIT:Holy shit, they misspelled tommorrow! Somebody call Mr. Penders!

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Plot twist: The character will be revealed to be Tiara Bobwoski from Sonic X-Treme.

I... actually kinda see the resemblance XD

• Thumbs Up 2

It's the head that gets me. It looks so...Sally-like.

I just wish they'd say something. "The Freedom Fighters are/aren't returning". That's it. That's all that needs to be said and then all this speculation can finally cease.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

The writing has been on the wall that the FF are gone since last July and today's solicitation sealed it. I think we need to temper our expectations.

For all we know, the character might be a deer. The shape of the ear and it looks like there might be an antler next to it?

There's no reason to believe it's a returning character. Don't get your hopes up.

I actually don't want it to be Sally but... I can't really think of anything else that would warrant a silhouette that looked enough like her to the point where it came to mind instantly for me.

I'm wondering if it is her, whether or not they'll treat her as the Avatar character that bonded with Sonic in Forces. It sounds weird and gooey and cheesy but I couldn't help thinking it.

If it was just a generic avatar character I can't imagine why they'd feel the need to keep it secret, even if they did have some grand role to play.

This reminds me of the speculation leading up to Forces and how they kept the mysterious new character a secret and than it got revealed it was an Avatar character creation thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

I still believe that's a new character and not Sally, and I think it'd be better if you guys got your expectations in check for tomorrow.

We'll see, I guess.

Meh, nothing about having expectations, trust me, even with the supposed resemblance, I hold skeptism. For me, it's literally just either "oh hey cool, the FF do have a chance to be in" or "meh, not surprised at all".

If it's Sally, wonder if they'll make her hair color separate again. I was always bothered by that.

The OC's on the cover all have a more SonicTeam-like design on that part, with their hair being more attached/part of their head.

1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

I can see them giving Sally a Wispon/grappling hook in place of her ring blades and making her sort of a stand-in for the Avatar.

That was another thought I had as well. What better way to unite the Freedom Fighters with the Resistance than to have the Muggle Leader use a Wispon.

1 hour ago, JosepHenry said:

Okay now I'm starting to hope is Sally cuz if is DISCOUNT Sally everyone will be super pissed. 

Yeah, no kiddin. 

59 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Also, I don't think that's a wispon she's got there. It looks like it has hair on it, seems to have a hole in it (peeking into the red background) and doesn't resemble any of the wispons we've seen.

It could be a Wispon that wasn't in the game proper. There are around 14 different Wisps, after all.

58 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Be careful, if we keep guessing Bubsy, one of these times it'll actually be true.

Image result for revenge of woolies

• Nice Smile 1

I still can't figure out what's going on with the hand. The fingers look feathery and there's the the weird claw-ish thing. Can't be a bird though, because of the cheek fuzz and ears (unless that's a bow).

3 minutes ago, Razule said:

I've got it... Classic Sonic in an Elvis Presley costume!

image.thumb.png.2dc8f20abdc78ee2fb5ffeb6e8019cae.png

...r-ray?

izzat you, ray the flying squirrel?

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

So IDW PR just tweeted this.

"A little blue hedgehog informed me that a new Sonic character is debuting on IGN in just under 12 hours from now"

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 2

32 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Plot twist: The character will be revealed to be Tiara Bobwoski from Sonic X-Treme.

Huh, now that I wouldn't mind, and I could very well see that being the case.

5 minutes ago, Korke said:

Was the misspelling intentional or is it a clue.... Hmmmmm

Can't wait to meet the new Sonic character, Tom R. Row.

1 minute ago, Pengi said:

I still can't figure out what's going on with the hand. The fingers look feathery and there's the the weird claw-ish thing. Can't be a bird though, because of the cheek fuzz and ears (unless that's a bow).

I don't think it is a hand. It looks like a big fluffy tail, to me.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

"A little blue hedgehog informed me that a new Sonic character is debuting on IGN in just under 12 hours from now"

Welp, no Sally then. Jokes were fun while it lasted.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Welp, time to pack in. I knew it wasn’t Sally, why would she be gray and hype up a character they would’ve confirmed long ago?

What I know so far:

-Gray

-Female

-Wispon/Tail(?)

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh this will be ugly.

Is not Sally but she looks a lot like Sally. She's holding hands with Sonic.

Oof.

13 minutes ago, Razule said:

I've got it... Classic Sonic in an Elvis Presley costume!

image.thumb.png.2dc8f20abdc78ee2fb5ffeb6e8019cae.png

You ain’t nothin’ but a hedge hog... runnin’ all the time!

Okay, even though I don’t wanna see Classic Sonic for a long time, I wouldn’t mind this XD

• Nice Smile 1

49 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Holy shit you guys

bMrFeWO.jpg

It's Tails

On one hand, you'd better be wrong. On the other, it does raise thoughts regarding how I felt Tails could've further emphasized in the [back]story.

37 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Hm, a composite character of Sally and a character explicitly created to be a female match and/or love interest for Classic Sonic? That'd actually make a fair bit of sense.

I guess literally the only thing I had to even think it might have been Sally was a random silhouette that at this point, I just saw an hour or so ago.

Oh I got it. Maybe it's Princess Elise the Hedgehog.

• Chuckle 1

Just now, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Watch them reveal a new character and it's not even the one in the silhouette.

At this point, I don't even know anymore.

I just want a full reveal so this madness can end.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Watch them reveal a new character and it's not even the one in the silhouette.

Yeah, that'd be beautiful! :lol: 

• Thumbs Up 2