Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

If it isn't Sally, I'm starting to feel more and more as if Sonic franchise has entered into some kind of purging state where the wrong kind of fans are being smoked out for ruining the mood. Given all this trolling of course.

Baiting and trolling is a gold mine for marketing Sonic stuff. It always has been. I'd say tone the purge idea's down a knotch and just take it at face value. Its just marketing attempting to stir up the fanbase and get people talking about the new book.

• Nice Smile 2

Someone posted this in the facebook group.

What do you think?

27336744_978594545626406_426465238004420

Also, qupte from JC_MikeB:

"I want my inclusionary diverse human, mobian, whatever world to escape to. That's what I loved the most about the post-reboot. "

THIS x100!!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

Someone posted this in the facebook group.

What do you think?

27336744_978594545626406_426465238004420

Also, qupte from JC_MikeB:

"I want my inclusionary diverse human, mobian, whatever world to escape to. That's what I loved the most about the post-reboot. "

THIS x100!!

Finally, it took forever for someone to do this.

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

And if it turned out to be bootleg versions of the Chaotix that would just fry the circuits of my brain. I wouldn't be able to comprehend in what realm of reality doing something like that would make sense. At least, here I see the line of logic even if the execution is sloppy. 

Linear the Alligator, Janin the Rhino, and Adore the Hornet

• Nice Smile 1

"It doesn't look 100% like Sally" maybe people forgot this is a redesign. Although I loved the reboot one so this is gonna be sad.

"They are revealing a new character tomorrow" yes they are, of course, the Fallout description mentions new characters, and so does the EW article.

There will be brand new characters, but there are also 4 "classic companions" in each of the first four issues for Sonic:

Issue #1: Tails

Issue #2: Amy

Issue #3: Knuckles

Issue #4: Big reveal character... a redesigned Sally that fits the Avatar role and design!

That's my theory at least. So both new characters, AND Sally as the fourth buddy.

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

4jaj6p9050c01.jpg

he05bun7yyb01.jpg

....well, can't say her design isn't really cool. Uh.. instead of complaining that it's not Sally, how about guessing her species! I think she's a ring-tailed lemur.

• Nice Smile 1

This new character looks very cool!!

Please Sally fans, don't riot! We have a new beginning and a new cool character to root for (I don't know is Sally may appear in the future though).

• Thumbs Up 1

So we have 3 new characters (one of which we can see on the cover of the preview magazine): Tumble & Rough (Villains) and Tangle.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're supposed to have the covers on newsrama in 40 minutes!!

Can someone post the "previews" cover in facebook in advance to prepare the Sally fans to at least have a better landing in reality?

• Thumbs Up 1

The solicits sound VERY simple, it may not be Forces heavy after all, probably set after the games just so we don't have to worry about long boring adaptations. Seems fine to me, but I was hoping for a more story oriented arc, Forces would allow that, I guess simple stuff and a fresh start will be welcome to the other readers.

And oh boy, I was wrong about her being Sally, I'm not a fan of her but a lot of people WILL be pissed, and some will be happy since they hate the Freedom Fighters, the majority loves them in the Facebook group, and some hate them, either way, there is gonna be a riot and a schism. You can't please everybody.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the one hand, her design reminds me so much of Gold the Tenrec thematically.

On the other hand, she's clearly not that in terms of personality, so I won't chuck her off a cliff. Yet. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

You can't please everybody.

I remember some who posted comments in TSSZ all year just about Sally, and all the comments had the word "Sally Acorn"!!

Man, I wonder if IDW Facebook admins will be forced to mute some users!!

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

I remember some who posted comments in TSSZ all year just about Sally, and all the comments had the word "Sally Acorn"!!

Man, I wonder if IDW Facebook admins will be forced to mute some users!!

That guy, he's in the facebook group, he insisted in every post that Sally was in the new comic. He's gonna be pissed...

• Promotion 1

Lol I mean it's a little sad it's not Sally but people were seriously hyping themselves up way to hard. So was this the official reveal with that pic or just another source

Well... I don't know... really. Every time they create a new character I really have a feeling they only really exist as hype material. Like you guys said. Sonic fans just love the characters of the Sonic series. I get that, but... and this is just me, every single time they create one of them, the characters start loosing the speciality of the whole Sonic design. It is just the same thing over and over again. New Sonic: New Sonic like action hero animal character. Next new Sonic game: Here we have another Sonic like action hero animal character. And in the next Sonic game: We have another Sonic like action hero animal character.

But like I said, this is just me. I actually prefer more outstanding characters like Big, Chip, the Deadly Six and the ghosts from the Sonic Unleashed short. Heck, even out of place characters like Merlina, Shahra and even I dare say Elie, as awful as she was, she was at least more interesting for me how in how bad she will be.  

Just now, Meta77 said:

Lol I mean it's a little sad it's not Sally but people were seriously hyping themselves up way to hard. So was this the official reveal with that pic or just another source

My policy is to always lower my expectations so that I get satisfied!

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

Well... I don't know... really. Every time they create a new character I really have a feeling they only really exist as hype material. Like you guys said. Sonic fans just love the characters of the Sonic series. I get that, but... and this is just me, every single time they create one of them, they start loosing the speciality of the whole Sonic design. It is just the same thing over and over again.

But like I said, this is just me.   

New characters enrich Sonic's world.