Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

"It doesn't look 100% like Sally" maybe people forgot this is a redesign. Although I loved the reboot one so this is gonna be sad.

"They are revealing a new character tomorrow" yes they are, of course, the Fallout description mentions new characters, and so does the EW article.

There will be brand new characters, but there are also 4 "classic companions" in each of the first four issues for Sonic:

Issue #1: Tails

Issue #2: Amy

Issue #3: Knuckles

Issue #4: Big reveal character... a redesigned Sally that fits the Avatar role and design!

That's my theory at least. So both new characters, AND Sally as the fourth buddy.

The solicits sound VERY simple, it may not be Forces heavy after all, probably set after the games just so we don't have to worry about long boring adaptations. Seems fine to me, but I was hoping for a more story oriented arc, Forces would allow that, I guess simple stuff and a fresh start will be welcome to the other readers.

And oh boy, I was wrong about her being Sally, I'm not a fan of her but a lot of people WILL be pissed, and some will be happy since they hate the Freedom Fighters, the majority loves them in the Facebook group, and some hate them, either way, there is gonna be a riot and a schism. You can't please everybody.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jack said:

You can't please everybody.

I remember some who posted comments in TSSZ all year just about Sally, and all the comments had the word "Sally Acorn"!!

Man, I wonder if IDW Facebook admins will be forced to mute some users!!

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

I remember some who posted comments in TSSZ all year just about Sally, and all the comments had the word "Sally Acorn"!!

Man, I wonder if IDW Facebook admins will be forced to mute some users!!

That guy, he's in the facebook group, he insisted in every post that Sally was in the new comic. He's gonna be pissed...

Lol I mean it's a little sad it's not Sally but people were seriously hyping themselves up way to hard. So was this the official reveal with that pic or just another source

Well... I don't know... really. Every time they create a new character I really have a feeling they only really exist as hype material. Like you guys said. Sonic fans just love the characters of the Sonic series. I get that, but... and this is just me, every single time they create one of them, the characters start loosing the speciality of the whole Sonic design. It is just the same thing over and over again. New Sonic: New Sonic like action hero animal character. Next new Sonic game: Here we have another Sonic like action hero animal character. And in the next Sonic game: We have another Sonic like action hero animal character.

But like I said, this is just me. I actually prefer more outstanding characters like Big, Chip, the Deadly Six and the ghosts from the Sonic Unleashed short. Heck, even out of place characters like Merlina, Shahra and even I dare say Elie, as awful as she was, she was at least more interesting for me how in how bad she will be.  

Just now, Meta77 said:

Lol I mean it's a little sad it's not Sally but people were seriously hyping themselves up way to hard. So was this the official reveal with that pic or just another source

My policy is to always lower my expectations so that I get satisfied!

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

Well... I don't know... really. Every time they create a new character I really have a feeling they only really exist as hype material. Like you guys said. Sonic fans just love the characters of the Sonic series. I get that, but... and this is just me, every single time they create one of them, they start loosing the speciality of the whole Sonic design. It is just the same thing over and over again.

But like I said, this is just me.   

New characters enrich Sonic's world.

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

New characters enrich Sonic's world.

Only if they are very different from each other like in Mario or Banjo-Kazooie. But not really with Sonic. They all act the same, have a very similar role in the story and have a very similar design. A world should be inhabited with many different kinds of characters. Not with almost the same character copy pasted all over again. Which is sadly, what the typical Sonic characters are now.   

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

Only if they are very different from each other like in Mario or Banjo-Kazooie. But not really with Sonic. They all act the same, have a very similar role in the story and have a very similar design. A world should be inhabited with many different kinds of characters. Not with almost the same character copy pasted all over again. Which is sadly, what the typical Sonic characters are now.   

But there are some who are different, like Big, who doesnt have oval eyes.