Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Ah, so she CAN grab things with her tail.... i see it now...

Can't say i'm a big fan of her eye color though...

EDIT:

Although in this cover (incredible cover btw) it looks much better

sonic-the-hedgehog-4-debuting-tangle-151

It may just be the coloring/shading on the former image

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

The lemur idea I can dig.  Fun idea and all, but I think some of those Sally theorists will be a little bummed.  However I think I'm going to be even more bummed with that fact that I won't stop imagining her with Sacha Baron Cohen's voice.

Also, does this mean Forces is based in Madagascar? XP

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

I just post this here:

Having a lemur as Sonic character is not that bad of an idea. At least she has more of a classic feeling with a more simple power. But she still has a Sally feeling in my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Absolutely unjustified speculation, but I wonder if Tangle happens to come from Blaze's world.  I'm sure they'll have some interesting reason for Blaze to be there, considering she's just about the only character who isn't already hanging around from the events of Forces.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

I fucking love her holy kird lord help me inning inning wow

But sonic..........why are you grabbing her tail

Well, good thing I kept my hopes low for it being Sally. Tho no telling if she’ll make an appearance at some point or not at all.

I’m not gonna have any thoughts on Tangle until I see her in action, but Ian and his team have done well with new and old characters so I can at least say that the chances I have a problem with her are pretty low.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

Damn look at that, a new character that doesn't really look like Sally at all, who could possibly have guessed.

Anyway her design looks pretty cool and she looks ready to tear shit up so I like her so far. It's also cool to see Blaze show up this early; I really wasn't expecting her before like...3 Shadow arcs and at least one Silver arc.

Less pleased to see that issue #4 takes place in City, because fuck Forces.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Damn look at that, a new character that doesn't really look like Sally at all, who could possibly have guessed.

Anyway her design looks pretty cool and she looks ready to tear shit up so I like her so far. It's also cool to see Blaze show up this early; I really wasn't expecting her before like...3 Shadow arcs and at least one Silver arc.

Gotta make up for the fact that she wasn't in Forces :V

I wonder if this is going to explain why Blaze wasn't in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 8

I did not expect to love that new character's design as much as I do, damn.

But the most important thing is we're getting Blaze content this early. It's been so long since I've seen my fave

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1

Well, I don't hate the design at least. And the focus on using her physical abilities as opposed to having some supernatural power earns points for me.

That said, I need to see her in action and what role is she going to actually play.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

I really love Tangles design. And I really like that Ian and the rest of the team are thinking outside the box when it comes to new animal species. 

• Thumbs Up 6

That design is awesome awesome! She's relatively clean, in-keeping with the SEGA designs and she's got a great silhouette (now that we can see her properly) like Sonic's three spikes or Tails'...tails. Being able to use her tail like a third arm is a really cool ability for her too, could be interesting to make use of if she ended up being in a game at some point.

If her personality holds up once we see her in action I could totally see her going on to becoming a fan-favourite of the 2010s much like Blaze did in the 2000s. I'm definitely a fan of her already!

• Thumbs Up 1

The good thing put of idw and Sega keeping tighter control could mean we see the new characters in future 3d games. Just keep  sonic team away from it and damn the possibilities. 

• Thumbs Up 1