Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Okay, didn't go like I'd loved to. Back to the meh, though I'll say I'm not really interested. Yeah yeah, nice design blah blah, I dunno, it just doesn't hit me.

But well, can't please everybody. Though if she's like Luffy as in personalitywise that'd be hilarious. :D

25 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

There will be more angry posts than angry people (because the angry Sally Acorn fans will post too much hahaha)

Don't let these angry people reduce your hype!!

JUST STOP ALREADY WILL YA! I'M GETTING REALLY TIRED OF THAT.

Really, I dunno if it's what you mean to be but you sound really dismissive towards certain type of people.

You really make me feel like you're practically stomping on my head while pushing it into a pool of muddy water. Please stop. I'm begging.

And I'm not even a Sally fan, I just feel pretty trolled again. <_<

Damnit, I'm drowning with those cavemen's paintings, ship really did leave right on time.

Dunno about you guys but I feel like this city isn't sinking softly.

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Boy said:

I really love Tangles design. And I really like that Ian and the rest of the team are thinking outside the box when it comes to new animal species. 

"Okay, we need a semi-obscure* animal that we could make an interesting design out of, something that will turn heads" 

"How about a ferret?"

"Nah, Nack's a weasel it's too close."

"Something with a long tail... a lemur!"

"Genius!"

*yes, I know Madagascar is a thing but they're still kind of obscure*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

JUST STOP ALREADY WILL YA! I'M GETTING REALLY TIRED OF THAT.

Really, I dunno if it's what you mean to be but you sound really dismissive towards certain type of people.

You really make me feel like you're practically stomping on my head while pushing it into a pool of muddy water. Please stop. I'm begging.

And I'm not even a Sally fan, I just feel pretty trolled again. <_<

I didnt mean specifically you, I'm referring to people who spend all year posting about Sally, and being passive aggressive towards Ian Flynn (who has no say if she comes or not, it's Sega's say).

• Nice Smile 1

That’s a great character design! Though the fact she is being featured so prominently as the big new original female character says to me that Sally and the Freedom Fighters are definitely out. I’m still going to give the new book a shot since it’s mostly still the same creative team as Archie Sonic, but I won’t lie, I’m still slightly bummed.

• Nice Smile 1

tangle-and-sonic-art-1516755481039_1280w

Ok now that everyone goshed how much they love Tangle/ expressed their desire to burn IDW's headquarters, let's talk about something we've been ignoring so far.

Only I think Sonic's smile is pretty creepy?

Personally I won't gosh/meh over her until I see her personality. I don't think she will be "Sally 2.0", for starters Sally is pretty serious person, when tangle looks more playfull. Besides, the Resistance already has a leader, Knuckles. They won't change that.

But again, time will tell (I was going to make a joke about "Tangled" movie, maybe point out that Blaze is basiclly Elsa comibined with Twilight Sparkle, etc,. But someone beat me to it few pages ago).

• Thumbs Up 2

Stop saying she's Sally 2.00! Why do you say that when we're months away from issue 1?? If you really want sally, read archiesoniconline's continuation of pre-SGW Archie!!

Just now, Marco9966 said:

Stop saying she's Sally 2.00! Why do you say that when we're months away from issue 1?? If you really want sally, read archiecomicsonline's continuation of pre-SGW Archie!!

You're not helping.

• Thumbs Up 6

How do you want me to help? There's people who believe IDW did a similiar silhouette to trick Sally fans, when it's not the case. What would they win from being mean to fans??

Are people really sad it's not Sally seriously I'm happy with a new cast. I just want to see more art of her. Already expecting a page worth of 34 when I get off work today lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Alright it's time for me to state my thoughts about Tangle.

Her design and ability is pretty interesting! She gives off a martial arts asthetic for me. And that's about it for the moment. Who designed her tho?

While I found the FFS in Archie Sonic to be decent character and design wise (NICOLE and Sally), I do want Tangle to have a personality that's different from them.

Meanwhile, I'm just looking at the cover art and some of the colors look so goooood.

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

How do you want me to help? There's people who believe IDW did a similiar silhouette to trick Sally fans, when it's not the case. What would they win from being mean to fans??

We've been over this.

11 hours ago, Celestia said:

Erm...I don't think anyone is arguing they did something morally wrong, just that they messed up by (intentionally or not) designing a character that has a kind of familiar silhouette and hyping up said silhouette, particularly when they've yet to answer whether or not certain characters can be used again. I think that's a fair stance based on what we've seen so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Have you seen how many more artists have been confirmed for comic cover work? Rafa Knight, Jon Gray, Jamal Peppers, even Kieran Gates!

What's the source?

1 minute ago, Sean said:

We've been over this.

Ok, but should we really attack IDW for an unintentinal mistake? (It's not even a mistake! Sonic characters all have similar designs! People also guessed Antoine, Birds, Tails... If they did that with Sonic in an image as unclear is it was, people would guess Shadow, Silver ,Knuckles, Scourge...).

Does anybody think that Tangle could be a good choice for a power type character. When you think about it there are no official female power types.

13 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Have you seen how many more artists have been confirmed for comic cover work? Rafa Knight, Jon Gray, Jamal Peppers, even Kieran Gates!

Where did you get this info? also do we have all the covers revealed? I'm not finding the others besides the ones that were posted here earlier.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, you already answered, the page did not refreshed for me in time.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I didnt mean specifically you, I'm referring to people who spend all year posting about Sally, and being passive aggressive towards Ian Flynn (who has no say if she comes or not, it's Sega's say).

Well, okay, sorry. Doesn't take the feeling of dismissiveness away though.

As in, I know it isn't towards me, but I'm crazily over-empathetic and that's prolly one of my biggest problems. Just, even when you're really annoyed by them, I dunno, one could be a bit more tactful I suppose.

I think I know the feeling, some fans of, for example Shadow, can be really keen about the character they're fanatic over.

Okay, I suppose the character was what people wanted or something, I guess I'll never learn to filter the US marketing speeches, being a naive person mentally out of the woods or something. Big world's too cruel and all that jazz.

Anyway, nice that people like her, I suppose people will enjoy the comics.

• Nice Smile 1

I really like this design! I am really excited for the comic now. I'm guessing this takes place after Forces. I understand those who just want the old series back but after near 300 issues I understand that It's time for a clean slate. I hoped for some old Archie characters to appear but that seems highly unlikely now considering that none of them appear on the issue covers. Overall I would say I made peace with that and the necessity for a clean slate for a promising new series,publisher, and artists. I always had the impression that the comics were a little less divisive than the games or shows sometimes were and I hope that quality continues at IDW. I'm highly optimistic for this new series regardless!

• Fist Bump 1