Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

6 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Eh, do we really need a new character?

I see her as similar to Sticks in Boom.  For a separate take on the franchise, it appears to be the done thing for that interpretation to have one high-profile character it can point to and very prominently say, "They're ours, you can't get them anywhere else."  It comes from a different context, but I suppose you could say the same of Sally in Archie.

8 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Eh, do we really need a new character?

We don't need anything. But it's still nice to have things.

• Thumbs Up 8

Um yes. Yes we do cause that's how universes are built.

Anywho question. What ever happened to spaz? He used to do epic covers in the 90s

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

Absolutely unjustified speculation, but I wonder if Tangle happens to come from Blaze's world.  I'm sure they'll have some interesting reason for Blaze to be there, considering she's just about the only character who isn't already hanging around from the events of Forces.

Maybe Tangle is Blaze's own version of Tails. Both of them, Tails and Tangle, have an ability were they have to use their tails. 

• Nice Smile 1

Neato! They went creative, no wonder people were thrown off. She's gonna be the new Sticks for Boom, Sally for Archie then. (I mean, Sally can still appear later on, but not as major as Tangle).

The only thing I  don't like are the gloves and gray between the eyes: both are very unique, but kinda stands out from the game characters  which I'm sure both are intentional.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Um yes. Yes we do cause that's how universes are built.

Anywho question. What ever happened to spaz? He used to do epic covers in the 90s

He will illustrate a Sonic novel for Penguin Random House publishing, written by Kiel Phegley.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Well, I like her already :)

25s0hfk.jpg

Don't make me cry, this keyboard's just about 1/2 years old now.

I think I'm in a wrong place.

Can I mention again how much I detest the "maybe" they're delivering, it's possibly doing more damage than telling the FF won't come back!

Nice thing others enjoy this stuff though, gee.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, BlueSky said:

Don't make me cry, this keyboard's just about 1/2 years old now.

I think I'm in a wrong place.

Can I mention again how much I detest the "maybe" they're delivering, it's possibly doing more damage than telling the FF won't come back!

Nice thing others enjoy this stuff though, gee.

dude chill out I think this new character is gonna be cool

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I actually thought Ben Bates would return too. I hope Diana Skelly comes in as well. I feel like we haven't seen more of her art in a while.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Swing said:

Maybe Tangle is Blaze's own version of Tails. Both of them, Tails and Tangle, have an ability were they have to use their tails. 

lol If I was Blaze's sidekick I'd be writing resumés already.

• Chuckle 8

13 minutes ago, Swing said:

Wasn't that supposed to be Marine's role?

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

dude chill out I think this new character is gonna be cool

If only that'd be so easy...

That said I don't feel enraged, more like disappointed and empty. And I did say earlier the new character didn't do the thing for me, at least not yet.

Thanks for the concern though. ^_^

Fun fact, people tend to say I'm angry even when I feel pretty calm inside.

Seriously, all these awesome talents making this thing and all I can think of is how empty I feel for not knowing if those certain characters are ever going to make it.

It doesn't need to happen now. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT HAPPENS AT ALL.

I really don’t see the point in making up all these characters. I think they should have tried working with what they already have for a while, before deciding if they need more main/supporting characters.

That being said, Tangle has an interesting design. A lemur with a long grappling tail is an interesting idea. I don’t see why some are saying she must be the Tails of Blaze’s universe though, I’m pretty sure Marine already qualifies as that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I LOVE HER! Y'know, it's nice to have fresh character designs. I always felt like my character Lily (the light teal kirin/unicorn in my avatar pic) was too over-designed to be in the Sonic universe, but then we have epic designs like this that put me to ease and... I dunno, I just really like how she looks! ^^

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What's the source?

Oh...oh shit...!

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

On the one hand, her design reminds me so much of Gold the Tenrec thematically.

On the other hand, she's clearly not that in terms of personality, so I won't chuck her off a cliff. Yet. 

What, you didn't like Gold?

3 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Descriptions for each of the issues are up, and it sounds... less Forces-y than I was expecting, actually. By quite a margin.

Issue 1:

Issue 2 (same as the article we saw yesterday, not gonna bother embedding it again)

Issue 3:

Issue 4:

Sounds neat! Also Blaze is back and this is a very good.

Ah, some good news! Can't what to see this Rough and Tumble--always nice to see new villains!

Oh and Blaze is back.

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Well... I don't know... really. Every time they create a new character I really have a feeling they only really exist as hype material. Like you guys said. Sonic fans just love the characters of the Sonic series. I get that, but... and this is just me, every single time they create one of them, the characters start loosing the speciality of the whole Sonic design. It is just the same thing over and over again. New Sonic: New Sonic like action hero animal character. Next new Sonic game: Here we have another Sonic like action hero animal character. And in the next Sonic game: We have another Sonic like action hero animal character.

But like I said, this is just me. I actually prefer more outstanding characters like Big, Chip, the Deadly Six and the ghosts from the Sonic Unleashed short. Heck, even out of place characters like Merlina, Shahra and even I dare say Elie, as awful as she was, she was at least more interesting for me how in how bad she will be.  

Yeah, I recall the New252 having that effect on people after a while.

I always wanted to see followup and/or what the comic would do with Elise, to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SpongicX said:

Trying not to make a Tangled joke... Is her weapon a frying pan?! Darn it!...

Wonder if she'll interact with Espio. 

I see her as being one of those tomboy characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Tikikata said:

I LOVE HER! Y'know, it's nice to have fresh character designs. I always felt like my character Lily (the light teal kirin/unicorn in my avatar pic) was too over-designed to be in the Sonic universe, but then we have epic designs like this that put me to ease and... I dunno, I just really like how she looks! ^^

Yeah I love the use of yellow/gold in her design, complements her well. Speaking of which I think your character is very nice, not over designed at all. good job. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

I always wanted to see followup and/or what the comic would do with Elise, to be honest.

Well, that'd be interesting, but considering how many fans and the company people seem to feel towards '06 I can't picture Mr. Flynn trying that one, at least for quite some time from now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

So is the first issue about amy asking sonic to rejoin the resistance? Do you guys think sonic will refuse and keep doing his own thing? Will they turn amy into sally 2.0?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I guess I was wrong about that bird part. They honestly mislead us when they said that what Sonic is holding is a hand.

But anyways, I like her design a lot! Now I hope her personality is unique.

• Thumbs Up 1