Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Alright it's time for me to state my thoughts about Tangle.

Her design and ability is pretty interesting! She gives off a martial arts asthetic for me. And that's about it for the moment. Who designed her tho?

While I found the FFS in Archie Sonic to be decent character and design wise (NICOLE and Sally), I do want Tangle to have a personality that's different from them.

Meanwhile, I'm just looking at the cover art and some of the colors look so goooood.

5 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

How do you want me to help? There's people who believe IDW did a similiar silhouette to trick Sally fans, when it's not the case. What would they win from being mean to fans??

We've been over this.

11 hours ago, Celestia said:

Erm...I don't think anyone is arguing they did something morally wrong, just that they messed up by (intentionally or not) designing a character that has a kind of familiar silhouette and hyping up said silhouette, particularly when they've yet to answer whether or not certain characters can be used again. I think that's a fair stance based on what we've seen so far.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

We've been over this.

Ok, but should we really attack IDW for an unintentinal mistake? (It's not even a mistake! Sonic characters all have similar designs! People also guessed Antoine, Birds, Tails... If they did that with Sonic in an image as unclear is it was, people would guess Shadow, Silver ,Knuckles, Scourge...).

13 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Have you seen how many more artists have been confirmed for comic cover work? Rafa Knight, Jon Gray, Jamal Peppers, even Kieran Gates!

Where did you get this info? also do we have all the covers revealed? I'm not finding the others besides the ones that were posted here earlier.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, you already answered, the page did not refreshed for me in time.

30 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I didnt mean specifically you, I'm referring to people who spend all year posting about Sally, and being passive aggressive towards Ian Flynn (who has no say if she comes or not, it's Sega's say).

Well, okay, sorry. Doesn't take the feeling of dismissiveness away though.

As in, I know it isn't towards me, but I'm crazily over-empathetic and that's prolly one of my biggest problems. Just, even when you're really annoyed by them, I dunno, one could be a bit more tactful I suppose.

I think I know the feeling, some fans of, for example Shadow, can be really keen about the character they're fanatic over.

Okay, I suppose the character was what people wanted or something, I guess I'll never learn to filter the US marketing speeches, being a naive person mentally out of the woods or something. Big world's too cruel and all that jazz.

Anyway, nice that people like her, I suppose people will enjoy the comics.

I really like this design! I am really excited for the comic now. I'm guessing this takes place after Forces. I understand those who just want the old series back but after near 300 issues I understand that It's time for a clean slate. I hoped for some old Archie characters to appear but that seems highly unlikely now considering that none of them appear on the issue covers. Overall I would say I made peace with that and the necessity for a clean slate for a promising new series,publisher, and artists. I always had the impression that the comics were a little less divisive than the games or shows sometimes were and I hope that quality continues at IDW. I'm highly optimistic for this new series regardless!

6 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Eh, do we really need a new character?

I see her as similar to Sticks in Boom.  For a separate take on the franchise, it appears to be the done thing for that interpretation to have one high-profile character it can point to and very prominently say, "They're ours, you can't get them anywhere else."  It comes from a different context, but I suppose you could say the same of Sally in Archie.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

Absolutely unjustified speculation, but I wonder if Tangle happens to come from Blaze's world.  I'm sure they'll have some interesting reason for Blaze to be there, considering she's just about the only character who isn't already hanging around from the events of Forces.

Maybe Tangle is Blaze's own version of Tails. Both of them, Tails and Tangle, have an ability were they have to use their tails. 

Neato! They went creative, no wonder people were thrown off. She's gonna be the new Sticks for Boom, Sally for Archie then. (I mean, Sally can still appear later on, but not as major as Tangle).

The only thing I  don't like are the gloves and gray between the eyes: both are very unique, but kinda stands out from the game characters  which I'm sure both are intentional.