Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I always wanted to see followup and/or what the comic would do with Elise, to be honest

Me too. I liked Drawloverlala design of her.

1 minute ago, Detective Kaito said:

Well, I guess I was wrong about that bird part. They honestly mislead us when they said that what Sonic is holding is a hand.

No they didn't...the tail is behaving like a hand in the art. It was a hint that something was significant about it. 

8 minutes ago, UmbraTheHedgehog said:

Yeah I love the use of yellow/gold in her design, complements her well. Speaking of which I think your character is very nice, not over designed at all. good job. :)

Yeah, same! The gold looks really good on her!

(And,  d'oh, thanks! ;w; That means a lot!)

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Hypothetically. 

This tends to not happen in the long term.

Best wishes to this new character, though.

Yeah, that is a serious problem. Off the top of my head, only Shadow really stuck around to make a recurring impact and well.... Oh, and Orbot and Cubot.

Which why I was initially pretty excited for Sonic Lost World, recently grew to appreciate Zavok in particular, and hope continue to use the Deadly Six on occasion.

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Welp, we did this to ourselves, but there's still hope for the FFs later down the line.

Oh please, you go back to that silhouette and tell me that didn't look like New252!Sally!

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Only if they are very different from each other like in Mario or Banjo-Kazooie. But not really with Sonic. They all act the same, have a very similar role in the story and have a very similar design. A world should be inhabited with many different kinds of characters. Not with almost the same character copy pasted all over again. Which is sadly, what the typical Sonic characters are now.   

Except the Zeti, but then again, the villains tend to be really diverse and impactful compared to the heroes.

Metal Sonic notwithstanding.

3 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Looks like the Ahsoka Tano of the series, her design reminds me of her, I don't know why, maybe the color palette?

Yeah, I can definitely see it. I'll have to see some actual substance though before I can have any[hopefully positive] opinion, what with this being another comic and all.

3 hours ago, NikoS said:

Is it just me or Tails is looking a bit too much like Classic!Tails here?

EDIT: and i do hope we get some good explanation on why is Blaze NOT in the Sol Dimension

To be fair, Tails saw less of a change compared to Sonic and especially Eggman and Amy. 

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Does this matter so much to you? Their are a lot of damsels in the Sonic universe. Tails for example is now also one. 

Tails was one in his inception as well. And Sonic Advance 2.

But I guess he just doesn't want her debut in a new book to have her at a disadvantage.

3 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Okay, I'm loving Tangle's design. But something feels wrong to me. So very wrong.

She has similar design traits to Sally. She's likely have the same personality as Sally. She'll fill the role of Sally.

...So what was the point of not putting in the FFs, if you're just going to make a straight knockoff of one of the characters?

If you're not putting in those characters, DON'T PUT IN THOSE CHARACTERS. Don't make knockoffs to add them under a different name instead, stick to your damn words and don't add them. Please keep in mind that I actually do like the FFs, but if you're not gonna add them...

I could feel right about new characters like Sticks and the Avatar, because they are supposed to be their own characters, with unique personalities (especially with Sticks), with their own roles in the Sonic universe. I could ease into them, because they felt new and different. They weren't similar to some existing character.

Tangle doesn't feel new and different. She feels like a straight rip of Sally.

I could be proven wrong in time, but it's just off to me.

Yeah, same. If it really is the case, then they really should've picked a different Not!Freedom Fighter to debut first.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

Huh, I'm actually liking the design of the new character. Although it does feel like the image feels a bit clunky to show off her ability to use her tail. Is there any real reason for Sonic to holding onto her tail when they're surrounded by robots?

Either way, it does make me interested in how things will go, and if those who planned to jump on board months ago is feeling more apprehensive since from Issue 1, it's seemingly going to have new comic-exclusives in it when people wanted a Mega-Drive like situation.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

So, we get a Blaze issue with a raccoon character and that raccoon is not Marine xD

I know you're probably joking, but that'd suck.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm wondering just who the hell Rough and Tumble are. The Bebop and Rocksteady of the Sonic comics, perhaps?

Given their names, I'm expecting them to have some sort of connection to Tangle.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Huh, I'm actually liking the design of the new character. Although it does feel like the image feels a bit clunky to show off her ability to use her tail. Is there any real reason for Sonic to holding onto her tail when they're surrounded by robots?

It's their way of shaking hands. Since tail-use-as-hand action appears to be Tangle's thing.

I just realized that the order of character debuts mirrors the year of the game they initially debuted in.

Sonic 2 (1992) - Tails

Sonic CD (1993) - Amy

Sonic 3 (1994) - Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 6

21 minutes ago, A Checker KING heavy engin said:

So is the first issue about amy asking sonic to rejoin the resistance? Do you guys think sonic will refuse and keep doing his own thing? Will they turn amy into sally 2.0?

I think they said that was issue 2’s plot.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

sonic's gonna hold onto her tail and curl up and they're gonna have a motherfucking WRECKING BALL mark my words

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2

Judging from the description, Tangle sounds like a fighter, which should put folks at ease about Tangle being some expy for Sally. It seems like they have totally different personalities. 

I honestly don't mind a new character, but how she was revealed has put me in a really foul mood. Her facial silhouette is clearly too similar to Sally's for this kind of marketing to not backfire and IDW should have known that. Had a silhouette of the concept art been shown off yesterday to hype today, my entire perspective on this would likely be different, and that's frustrating as hell.

• Promotion 1

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Is there any real reason for Sonic to holding onto her tail when they're surrounded by robots?

1. Ship fuel
  2. To throw him in ball form
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ini Miney Jovahexeon said:

It's their way of shaking hands. Since tail--use-as-hand action appears to be Tangle's thing.

"Let's shake hands in meeting when we're surrounded by robots in a village that is under danger!" 

I mean, if that's her way of doing things, sure. Still doesn't make the image look less clunky to me. It feels like they wanted a way to showcase her ability and somehow make a shadow that looks similar to other characters so we'd be kept guessing with who it is. And I didn't think the image worked very well to begin when we had the shadowed version, so it doesn't help now when it's revealed Sonic's holding onto her tail.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

sonic's gonna hold onto her tail and curl up and they're gonna have a motherfucking WRECKING BALL mark my words

Return of the sexroll XD

5a68b2bb6699c_images(24).jpg.afd17e6d6a731cb679913502bbe85b63.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 6

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Any one else get the feeling she's the new Sally and Bunnie? 

Also, I'm guess she's a Polecat or some other species of feline.

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's some info:

"scrappiness and likes to tangle with bad guys"

Oh no....

2 hours ago, FFWF said:

Absolutely unjustified speculation, but I wonder if Tangle happens to come from Blaze's world.  I'm sure they'll have some interesting reason for Blaze to be there, considering she's just about the only character who isn't already hanging around from the events of Forces.

That was my thought as well.

2 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Gotta make up for the fact that she wasn't in Forces :V

I wonder if this is going to explain why Blaze wasn't in Forces.

1 hour ago, Polkadi said:

"Why weren't you here when Eggman took over the world, Blaze?"

"i live in an alternate dimension, why should i care"

Yeah, pretty much. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

5 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Judging from the description, Tangle sounds like a fighter, which should put folks at ease about Tangle being some expy for Sally. It seems like they have totally different personalities. 

I honestly don't mind a new character, but how she was revealed has put me in a really foul mood. Her facial silhouette is clearly too similar to Sally's for this kind of marketing to not backfire and IDW should have known that. Had a silhouette of the concept art been shown off yesterday to hype today, my entire perspective on this would likely be different, and that's frustrating as hell.

She still looks a decent amount like Sally in silhouette form, even if they showed it like that there'd still probably be some backlash. Unless they made it explicitly clear it was a brand new character, but even then

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Also, I'm guess she's a Polecat or some other species of feline.

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Wrong

latest?cb=20151125110328

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

She would be very dangerous when teamed up with others. She could mow over enemies by spinning Tails with his tails spinning around like a weed eater, swing Amy with her hammer out to knock out waves of enemies, and spin Blaze, as she  shoots out flames like a flamethrower.

• Chuckle 1

They were talking about a new character though, I think they should've been a bit less vague about it though.

I'm really liking Tangle's design! Grabbing things with her tail reminds me of the scrapped rabbit prototype for Sonic:

250px-Sonic1prerelease_rabbitconcept.png

Now I'm hoping Rough and Tumble turn out to be fossa! And YEAH, Blaze is back! 

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

She still looks a decent amount like Sally in silhouette form, even if they showed it like that there'd still probably be some backlash. Unless they made it explicitly clear it was a brand new character, but even then

I guess I'm thinking the really long tail would have made it obvious it wasn't Sally. But you're right, making it clear it was a new original character from the beginning would have gotten everyone's expectations in check. 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, GentlemanX said:

I guess I'm thinking the really long tail would have made it obvious it wasn't Sally. But you're right, making it clear it was a new original character from the beginning would have gotten everyone's expectations in check. 

We never knew it was a tail. Even the shadow made it liked like a glove with shading than actual fur, from what I saw at least. 

• Nice Smile 1