Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

7 minutes ago, Adamis said:

Well, I like her already :)

25s0hfk.jpg

Don't make me cry, this keyboard's just about 1/2 years old now.

I think I'm in a wrong place.

Can I mention again how much I detest the "maybe" they're delivering, it's possibly doing more damage than telling the FF won't come back!

Nice thing others enjoy this stuff though, gee.

1 minute ago, BlueSky said:

Don't make me cry, this keyboard's just about 1/2 years old now.

I think I'm in a wrong place.

Can I mention again how much I detest the "maybe" they're delivering, it's possibly doing more damage than telling the FF won't come back!

Nice thing others enjoy this stuff though, gee.

dude chill out I think this new character is gonna be cool

1 minute ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

dude chill out I think this new character is gonna be cool

If only that'd be so easy...

That said I don't feel enraged, more like disappointed and empty. And I did say earlier the new character didn't do the thing for me, at least not yet.

Thanks for the concern though. ^_^

Fun fact, people tend to say I'm angry even when I feel pretty calm inside.

Seriously, all these awesome talents making this thing and all I can think of is how empty I feel for not knowing if those certain characters are ever going to make it.

It doesn't need to happen now. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT HAPPENS AT ALL.

I really don’t see the point in making up all these characters. I think they should have tried working with what they already have for a while, before deciding if they need more main/supporting characters.

That being said, Tangle has an interesting design. A lemur with a long grappling tail is an interesting idea. I don’t see why some are saying she must be the Tails of Blaze’s universe though, I’m pretty sure Marine already qualifies as that.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I LOVE HER! Y'know, it's nice to have fresh character designs. I always felt like my character Lily (the light teal kirin/unicorn in my avatar pic) was too over-designed to be in the Sonic universe, but then we have epic designs like this that put me to ease and... I dunno, I just really like how she looks! ^^

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What's the source?

Oh...oh shit...!

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

On the one hand, her design reminds me so much of Gold the Tenrec thematically.

On the other hand, she's clearly not that in terms of personality, so I won't chuck her off a cliff. Yet. 

What, you didn't like Gold?

3 hours ago, Ayliffe said:

Descriptions for each of the issues are up, and it sounds... less Forces-y than I was expecting, actually. By quite a margin.

Issue 1:

Issue 2 (same as the article we saw yesterday, not gonna bother embedding it again)

Issue 3:

Issue 4:

Sounds neat! Also Blaze is back and this is a very good.

Ah, some good news! Can't what to see this Rough and Tumble--always nice to see new villains!

Oh and Blaze is back.

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Well... I don't know... really. Every time they create a new character I really have a feeling they only really exist as hype material. Like you guys said. Sonic fans just love the characters of the Sonic series. I get that, but... and this is just me, every single time they create one of them, the characters start loosing the speciality of the whole Sonic design. It is just the same thing over and over again. New Sonic: New Sonic like action hero animal character. Next new Sonic game: Here we have another Sonic like action hero animal character. And in the next Sonic game: We have another Sonic like action hero animal character.

But like I said, this is just me. I actually prefer more outstanding characters like Big, Chip, the Deadly Six and the ghosts from the Sonic Unleashed short. Heck, even out of place characters like Merlina, Shahra and even I dare say Elie, as awful as she was, she was at least more interesting for me how in how bad she will be.  

Yeah, I recall the New252 having that effect on people after a while.

I always wanted to see followup and/or what the comic would do with Elise, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Tikikata said:

I LOVE HER! Y'know, it's nice to have fresh character designs. I always felt like my character Lily (the light teal kirin/unicorn in my avatar pic) was too over-designed to be in the Sonic universe, but then we have epic designs like this that put me to ease and... I dunno, I just really like how she looks! ^^

Yeah I love the use of yellow/gold in her design, complements her well. Speaking of which I think your character is very nice, not over designed at all. good job. :)

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

I always wanted to see followup and/or what the comic would do with Elise, to be honest.

Well, that'd be interesting, but considering how many fans and the company people seem to feel towards '06 I can't picture Mr. Flynn trying that one, at least for quite some time from now.

8 minutes ago, UmbraTheHedgehog said:

Yeah I love the use of yellow/gold in her design, complements her well. Speaking of which I think your character is very nice, not over designed at all. good job. :)

Yeah, same! The gold looks really good on her!

(And,  d'oh, thanks! ;w; That means a lot!)

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Hypothetically. 

This tends to not happen in the long term.

Best wishes to this new character, though.

Yeah, that is a serious problem. Off the top of my head, only Shadow really stuck around to make a recurring impact and well.... Oh, and Orbot and Cubot.

Which why I was initially pretty excited for Sonic Lost World, recently grew to appreciate Zavok in particular, and hope continue to use the Deadly Six on occasion.

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Welp, we did this to ourselves, but there's still hope for the FFs later down the line.

Oh please, you go back to that silhouette and tell me that didn't look like New252!Sally!

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Only if they are very different from each other like in Mario or Banjo-Kazooie. But not really with Sonic. They all act the same, have a very similar role in the story and have a very similar design. A world should be inhabited with many different kinds of characters. Not with almost the same character copy pasted all over again. Which is sadly, what the typical Sonic characters are now.   

Except the Zeti, but then again, the villains tend to be really diverse and impactful compared to the heroes.

Metal Sonic notwithstanding.

3 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Looks like the Ahsoka Tano of the series, her design reminds me of her, I don't know why, maybe the color palette?

Yeah, I can definitely see it. I'll have to see some actual substance though before I can have any[hopefully positive] opinion, what with this being another comic and all.

3 hours ago, NikoS said:

Is it just me or Tails is looking a bit too much like Classic!Tails here?

EDIT: and i do hope we get some good explanation on why is Blaze NOT in the Sol Dimension

To be fair, Tails saw less of a change compared to Sonic and especially Eggman and Amy. 

3 hours ago, Swing said:

Does this matter so much to you? Their are a lot of damsels in the Sonic universe. Tails for example is now also one. 

Tails was one in his inception as well. And Sonic Advance 2.

But I guess he just doesn't want her debut in a new book to have her at a disadvantage.

3 hours ago, Polkadi said:

Okay, I'm loving Tangle's design. But something feels wrong to me. So very wrong.

She has similar design traits to Sally. She's likely have the same personality as Sally. She'll fill the role of Sally.

...So what was the point of not putting in the FFs, if you're just going to make a straight knockoff of one of the characters?

If you're not putting in those characters, DON'T PUT IN THOSE CHARACTERS. Don't make knockoffs to add them under a different name instead, stick to your damn words and don't add them. Please keep in mind that I actually do like the FFs, but if you're not gonna add them...

I could feel right about new characters like Sticks and the Avatar, because they are supposed to be their own characters, with unique personalities (especially with Sticks), with their own roles in the Sonic universe. I could ease into them, because they felt new and different. They weren't similar to some existing character.

Tangle doesn't feel new and different. She feels like a straight rip of Sally.

I could be proven wrong in time, but it's just off to me.

Yeah, same. If it really is the case, then they really should've picked a different Not!Freedom Fighter to debut first.

Huh, I'm actually liking the design of the new character. Although it does feel like the image feels a bit clunky to show off her ability to use her tail. Is there any real reason for Sonic to holding onto her tail when they're surrounded by robots?

Either way, it does make me interested in how things will go, and if those who planned to jump on board months ago is feeling more apprehensive since from Issue 1, it's seemingly going to have new comic-exclusives in it when people wanted a Mega-Drive like situation.

2 hours ago, Marcello said:

So, we get a Blaze issue with a raccoon character and that raccoon is not Marine xD

I know you're probably joking, but that'd suck.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm wondering just who the hell Rough and Tumble are. The Bebop and Rocksteady of the Sonic comics, perhaps?

Given their names, I'm expecting them to have some sort of connection to Tangle.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Huh, I'm actually liking the design of the new character. Although it does feel like the image feels a bit clunky to show off her ability to use her tail. Is there any real reason for Sonic to holding onto her tail when they're surrounded by robots?

It's their way of shaking hands. Since tail-use-as-hand action appears to be Tangle's thing.