Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

21 minutes ago, A Checker KING heavy engin said:

So is the first issue about amy asking sonic to rejoin the resistance? Do you guys think sonic will refuse and keep doing his own thing? Will they turn amy into sally 2.0?

I think they said that was issue 2’s plot.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Huh, I'm actually liking the design of the new character. Although it does feel like the image feels a bit clunky to show off her ability to use her tail. Is there any real reason for Sonic to holding onto her tail when they're surrounded by robots?

sonic's gonna hold onto her tail and curl up and they're gonna have a motherfucking WRECKING BALL mark my words

Judging from the description, Tangle sounds like a fighter, which should put folks at ease about Tangle being some expy for Sally. It seems like they have totally different personalities. 

I honestly don't mind a new character, but how she was revealed has put me in a really foul mood. Her facial silhouette is clearly too similar to Sally's for this kind of marketing to not backfire and IDW should have known that. Had a silhouette of the concept art been shown off yesterday to hype today, my entire perspective on this would likely be different, and that's frustrating as hell.

Just now, Ini Miney Jovahexeon said:

It's their way of shaking hands. Since tail--use-as-hand action appears to be Tangle's thing.

"Let's shake hands in meeting when we're surrounded by robots in a village that is under danger!" 

I mean, if that's her way of doing things, sure. Still doesn't make the image look less clunky to me. It feels like they wanted a way to showcase her ability and somehow make a shadow that looks similar to other characters so we'd be kept guessing with who it is. And I didn't think the image worked very well to begin when we had the shadowed version, so it doesn't help now when it's revealed Sonic's holding onto her tail.

2 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Any one else get the feeling she's the new Sally and Bunnie? 

Also, I'm guess she's a Polecat or some other species of feline.

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's some info:

"scrappiness and likes to tangle with bad guys"

Oh no....

2 hours ago, FFWF said:

Absolutely unjustified speculation, but I wonder if Tangle happens to come from Blaze's world.  I'm sure they'll have some interesting reason for Blaze to be there, considering she's just about the only character who isn't already hanging around from the events of Forces.

That was my thought as well.

2 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Gotta make up for the fact that she wasn't in Forces :V

I wonder if this is going to explain why Blaze wasn't in Forces.

1 hour ago, Polkadi said:

"Why weren't you here when Eggman took over the world, Blaze?"

"i live in an alternate dimension, why should i care"

Yeah, pretty much. :lol:

5 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

Judging from the description, Tangle sounds like a fighter, which should put folks at ease about Tangle being some expy for Sally. It seems like they have totally different personalities. 

I honestly don't mind a new character, but how she was revealed has put me in a really foul mood. Her facial silhouette is clearly too similar to Sally's for this kind of marketing to not backfire and IDW should have known that. Had a silhouette of the concept art been shown off yesterday to hype today, my entire perspective on this would likely be different, and that's frustrating as hell.

She still looks a decent amount like Sally in silhouette form, even if they showed it like that there'd still probably be some backlash. Unless they made it explicitly clear it was a brand new character, but even then

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Also, I'm guess she's a Polecat or some other species of feline.

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Wrong

latest?cb=20151125110328

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

sonic's gonna hold onto her tail and curl up and they're gonna have a motherfucking WRECKING BALL mark my words

She would be very dangerous when teamed up with others. She could mow over enemies by spinning Tails with his tails spinning around like a weed eater, swing Amy with her hammer out to knock out waves of enemies, and spin Blaze, as she  shoots out flames like a flamethrower.

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

She still looks a decent amount like Sally in silhouette form, even if they showed it like that there'd still probably be some backlash. Unless they made it explicitly clear it was a brand new character, but even then

I guess I'm thinking the really long tail would have made it obvious it wasn't Sally. But you're right, making it clear it was a new original character from the beginning would have gotten everyone's expectations in check. 

1 minute ago, GentlemanX said:

I guess I'm thinking the really long tail would have made it obvious it wasn't Sally. But you're right, making it clear it was a new original character from the beginning would have gotten everyone's expectations in check. 

We never knew it was a tail. Even the shadow made it liked like a glove with shading than actual fur, from what I saw at least. 

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Well, I don't hate the design at least. And the focus on using her physical abilities as opposed to having some supernatural power earns points for me.

That said, I need to see her in action and what role is she going to actually play.

Yeah, admittedly, that is nice.

It's pretty obvious that part of the reason we haven't seen many new recurring characters in the games is because they kept feeling the need to escalate on the powers they have(Blaze, Silver, and Marine in particular).

1 hour ago, Razule said:

"

*yes, I know Madagascar is a thing but they're still kind of obscure*

Also, Zaboomafoo

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm hoping that they don't put Tangle on a pedestal at the expense of Sonic or Blaze.

Yeah, all the marketing around her reeeally gives off that vibe.

I mean, you have this new character who you hype up with a gradually revealed silhouette, have them front and center in a Back to Back Badasses pose with Sonic himself on a cover, with the silhouette looking eerily similar to that of Face of the previous long-running American Sonic comic Sally Acorn, and have the official reveal of the character accompanied by not the only the return of fan-favorite Blaze the Cat(who she also seems to bear some stylistic resemblance to) in the same issue, but also release a direct press release directly comparing her to Classic game cast members Knuckles and Tails?

Uh huh....

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

tangle-and-sonic-art-1516755481039_1280w

Only I think Sonic's smile is pretty creepy?

But again, time will tell (I was going to make a joke about "Tangled" movie, maybe point out that Blaze is basiclly Elsa comibined with Twilight Sparkle, etc,. But someone beat me to it few pages ago).

No, I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention it.

Also, lol.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Have you seen how many more artists have been confirmed for comic cover work? Rafa Knight, Jon Gray, Jamal Peppers, even Kieran Gates!

Who's the last one?

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We never knew it was a tail. Even the shadow made it liked like a glove with shading than actual fur, from what I saw at least. 

I'm talking about the concept art released today on IGN. I'd never have used the art they chose.

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, all the marketing around her reeeally gives off that vibe.

I mean, you have this new character who you hype up with a gradually revealed silhouette, have them front and center in a Back to Back Badasses pose with Sonic himself on a cover, with the silhouette looking eerily similar to that of Face of the previous long-running American Sonic comic Sally Acorn, and have the official reveal of the character accompanied by not the only the return of fan-favorite Blaze the Cat(who she also seems to bear some stylistic resemblance to) in the same issue, but also release a direct press release directly comparing her to Classic game cast members Knuckles and Tails?

Uh huh....

Hopefully Ian doesn't make her into a Creator's Pet. 

1 hour ago, Adamis said:

Well, I like her already :)

25s0hfk.jpg

Was Tekno a big deal in StC?

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

Does anybody think that Tangle could be a good choice for a power type character. When you think about it there are no official female power types.

Blaze was in Runners. She is one of the most overpowered characters in the series, after all.

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

I see her as similar to Sticks in Boom.  For a separate take on the franchise, it appears to be the done thing for that interpretation to have one high-profile character it can point to and very prominently say, "They're ours, you can't get them anywhere else."  It comes from a different context, but I suppose you could say the same of Sally in Archie.

Pretty much. I just hope she doesn't show up nearly as often as her, Chris, the Siblings, or Sally.

1 hour ago, Swing said:

Maybe Tangle is Blaze's own version of Tails. Both of them, Tails and Tangle, have an ability were they have to use their tails. 

Related image

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Wasn't that supposed to be Marine's role?

1 hour ago, SpongicX said:

I don’t see why some are saying she must be the Tails of Blaze’s universe though, I’m pretty sure Marine already qualifies as that.

Yeah, she fit the standard set by Blaze far better than Dr. Nega did. No offense to him, but it's a good thing Rivals retroactively nipped that in the bud.

Can't say her having blue eyes is pleasing, though.

1 hour ago, Korke said:

And let us not fool ourselves. She will have a Sally personality - not due to any malice or ill-will, but because it's Flynn we are talking about, known for having quite the limited characterization.

The Woodsland Kingsmen say hi. Among others.

59 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

>Sega Purists burned.

>Thread has been praising the design.

Huh?

His profile pic should give you an idea of what type of person he is.