Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

Even though they said like, 5 times that it was a clean-slate!? 

I was expecting that of a new comic at the time IDW didn't announced anything about it, as soon as i heard "clean state" i dropped that possibility, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't what i wanted.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I was expecting that of a new comic at the time IDW didn't announced anything about it, as soon as i heard "clean state" i dropped that possibility, but it doesn't mean that it wasn't what i wanted.

Aye, misread the post. My bluff. 

• Nice Smile 1

14 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

IDW takes their sweet time getting covers out. Chances are we won't see them until around the time they release.

That likely explains why I haven't seen any plethora of #1 variant covers.  I was thinking it odd they hadn't pulled that inevitable move yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Even though they said like, 5 times that it was a clean-slate!? 

It's worth remembering that the comic is not a clean-state, though. We're seeing a tie-up to Forces. Unless all the settings disappear after issue #4.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

She has a punching tail bruv she'd just stick it on the shotgun like bugs bunny and you'd get blasted, bad tactic

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, Korke said:

It's worth remembering that the comic is not a clean-state, though. We're seeing a tie-up to Forces. Unless all the settings disappear after issue #4.

Clean-slate compared to Archie is more what I (and I suspect they) meant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

43 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

And if you look closely at the other cover Tangle's on, Tails is also on it.

Okay, where?

41 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I see your point, but I'd argue it'd be much sillier if IDW / SEGA didn't bring in people that have already (for the lack of a better way to phrase it) "proved" themselves, and mentioning they were previously on Archie makes sense. They could've left that out but that would've been pretty conspicuous and then people'd be complaining about that, so...

My point was that any of those veterans could've pulled IDW aside to point out what a minefield this could be and why. Not saying IDW would necessarily heed those warnings, but you know.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, where?

My point was that any of those veterans could've pulled IDW aside to point out what a minefield this could be and why. Not saying IDW would necessarily heed those warnings, but you know.

What do they have to warn them about though? That a few vocal people on a forum (and apparently Twitter) would blow a gasket because a silhouette in a teaser image looked vaguely like a character from the previous comic?

• Thumbs Up 5

I wonder how long we'll spend introducing the Sega cast. At the moment, that seems like the format they're going with. Like Countdown to Chaos but with characters we already know are like their game counterparts and like three times as long?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Clean-slate compared to Archie is more what I (and I suspect they) meant. 

Well, the status-quo will be pretty much the same. We're honestly only swapping names.

We still have this... worldwide epic warfare going on, but instead of the "Freedom Fighters Teams" it's the "Resistance". So, I consider the "clean-state" promises a lie. We are still running by SatAM/Archie logic right at issue #1.

I was hoping a true reset button, starting everything from scratch maybe, in order to the book be attractive to the wide audience. We need new readers more than ever, not only for the book survival but for a rejuvenation of the fanbase, too.

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, where?

SplXEHk.jpg

Maybe they had more faith in people being reasonable than going nuts based on something so... baseless. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

33 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

I would like to move on from the Freedom Fighters and discuss and speculate about Tangle's personality:

The IGN article has a description for her. She likes to "tangle" with enemies, so I guess get in conflict with them, to mess with their heads. She is also called a kindred spirit to Sonic (doesn't mean she will be a love interest), I read that somewhere, I think in the facebook group description. Definitely not another Sally. I also assume her name means more to it, like she will be intertwined with other people's stories. I'm looking forward to that!

Yeah, the description sounds like Marine. Or rather, sorta what Tiara was apparently designed to be. 

15 minutes ago, The KKM said:

She has a punching tail bruv she'd just stick it on the shotgun like bugs bunny and you'd get blasted, bad tactic

:lol: Okay, that is legitimately funny.

8 minutes ago, Mister X said:

What do they have to warn them about though? That a few vocal people on a forum would blow a gasket because a silhouette in a teaser image looked vaguely like a character from the previous comic?

That maybe, before they get to work drawing the final cover, maybe they should considering taking some sort of measure to avoid some of the inevitable shitstormin that is to come?

4 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

SplXEHk.jpg

Maybe they had more faith in people being reasonable than going nuts based on something so... baseless. 

Oh yeah, THAT one!

Sorry, it wasn't coming up on Google Images for some reason despite me setting it to search the last 24 hours.

I'd argue that having two different game characters alongside her also doesn't help, but whatever.

Edited by Tornado

22 minutes ago, The KKM said:

They're not giving you answers because there aren't answers to give.

Sega owns the characters but probably isn't interested in using them right now. But they may allow IDW to use them in the future. Or they may not.

IDW can't come and say "we're not using these characters now but maybe some day" any more than they have already. If they start going on specifics, it won't calm people, it'll just get more rabble rabble "why are you saying you're not using Sally now if you say you can use her maybe in the future? Use her now!!!"

18 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

You're getting the answers indirectly (the amount of skirting around it they're doing is pretty standard PR for "no", c'mon), you just don't want to acknowledge them because they aren't what you wanted. 

Also what KKM said, cuz KKM's a good dude

Ohh, now I get it. It's all about the fact I was RAISED to give reasons for what I did or said at school. :lol: Finnish education you see, you always needed to tell why. Like, for example, what reason would you give to that answer about ending a long (bussiness) relationship with one tweet for the public eye and not giving any answers about old stuff considering the new relationship you brought to public eye before the dust had even settled? I wouldn't like to be the teacher asking that question, you know. :D

I suppose that makes people turn out like me, wanting answers for being sure you see. Somehow it's been stuck to my head so tightly people complain that when I give my opinion about something it's like I'm giving a lecture. ^_^

I see the world is going pretty differently out there, maybe I should just stick to being in here. It's cozy now that my room finally isn't a fridge in winter and an oven in summer.

And I dunno, them saying "maybe in the future" would make me feel as they at least consider people are interested in other characters. That'd be already something for me. Can't talk on behalf of all of the fans though, some people are always restless.

Reading between lines is hard, and prolly one of the reasons (again) I'm not a humanist. Nature science rules. Line-reading isn't an exact and certain way to get anything when one's as oblivious as I am. I want the fat lady to sing, not just open her voice. But well, I suppose this is just capitalism in nutshell.

I suppose you're both very cool dudes but whatever. I'm used to being the idiotic oddball not getting stuff anyway. B)

@orcaspla, I dunno really. I wonder that myself often.

Why "Gone to Pieces" started to play inside my head right now? Should I go too, I guess I'm a bit tired of running with the bunch...

Though I suggest not to be too aggressive towards others could give you more space to speak your mind, considering people tend not to like it when they're being called by names. I dunno though, it's been a bit tight space lately... I have such a wide shoulders.

18 minutes ago, NikoS said:

FIrst things first, look at my profile pic, what do you think i wanted this comic to turn out to be?,  a direct continuation of post-SGW continuity is the answer btw,

Now, this is not what we are getting, and while i'm a bit disappointed, it's what i was expecting, until a shadowy figure appeared on a tease with Sally's head-shape-alike, i said "maybe" to myself, but did not hold my breath. While these characters (especially 'Twan) are some of my favorites they are not the only part of this franchise i like, and i'm sure they will live on via fan-art and fan-projects (like Sonic Origins for example), the only thing i want now from SEGA/IDW is a confirmation/deconfirmation on this subject to end it already. I will probably buy the first issues and give the new series a try, after all now it's way too early to say "I like it" or "I hate it" (i mean, we just got the solicits and a piece of concept art). To say there's no reason to be here if one's favorite character is not showing up anymore on the comics is not exactly what i'd call reasonable, of course this is a personal choice, but i wouldn't even started to post here in the first place if that was the case  , since i "reactivated" my account to discuss about Archie's delays (and eventual cancelation).

Well, I suppose we're mostly the same about this @NikoS.

And I suppose you're right about that one too, I might not be reasonable about this, but I wouldn't be so stern about this if we'd have a closure and a bit more dignified handling for the situation. I'm pretty sure I'd be okay with this if that'd been the case but well, whatever. Can't agree with all the stuff anyway.

By the way, your current avatar makes it seem like you're explaining same stuff for the 5th time least and starting to sigh in frustration. Kind of funny effect actually, was it intentional?

• Nice Smile 1

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Okay, where?

They likely wont don't give a fuck. And not enough of the potential audience gives a fuck for them to give said fuck.

13 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That maybe, before they get to work drawing the final cover, maybe they should considering taking some sort of measure to avoid some of the inevitable shitstormin that is to come?

What is the big deal? As was said earlier, they want to hype up the new character probably to ease people's concerns that Sega would limit the comic to only feature game characters. A handful of whiny Sally fans (and I'm referring to the extremely vocal ones that think this was some conspiracy to upset Archie diehards, not the reasonable ones who are just disappointed that she and the FF might be gone) isn't a "shitstorm" that should require them to change their plans.

I am genuinely fascinated and baffled by this whole hysteria over Tangle.

• Thumbs Up 9

Man you guys want to complain! Forget Sally for now! With little chances, she might come later unexpectedly, but until then, forget it and enjoy the new characters!

1 minute ago, BlueSky said:

Ohh, now I get it. It's all about the fact I was RAISED to give reasons for what I did or said at school. :lol: Finnish education you see, you always needed to tell why. Like, for example, what reason would you give to that answer about ending a long (bussiness) relationship with one tweet for the public eye and not giving any answers about old stuff considering the new relationship you brought to public eye before the dust had even settled? I wouldn't like to be the teacher asking that question, you know. :D

I suppose that makes people turn out like me, wanting answers for being sure you see. Somehow it's been stuck to my head so tightly people complain that when I give my opinion about something it's like I'm giving a lecture. ^_^

Wanting reasons for things is fine. Ignoring the very likely fact they're under heavy NDA for what they can say from SEGA, less so. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

I apologize for everything I have done. Enjoy a picture of Cy-Kill.

The reason I did what I did was because IDW didn't think of, "Oh, alot of people are assuming our mystery character is Sally. I think we should just tell them it's not Sally and that should keep them quiet."

7 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Man you guys want to complain! Forget Sally for now! With little chances, she might come later unexpectedly, but until then, forget it and enjoy the new characters!

Oh, don't worry, I realize that's a possibility.

I'm more focused on my issues with Tangle's first impression right now, with or without the Sally fakeout discussion.

23 minutes ago, GentlemanX said:

I wonder how long we'll spend introducing the Sega cast. At the moment, that seems like the format they're going with. Like Countdown to Chaos but with characters we already know are like their game counterparts and like three times as long?

For a while TBH, you could legit not introduce shadow for like a hot minute. Its gonna be lit whenever he comes through so, folks can wait. And for characters like infinite, we can just if sega wants to use him anymore and wait to introduce him

10 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Wanting reasons for things is fine. Ignoring the very likely fact they're under heavy NDA for what they can say from SEGA, less so. 

Okayyy... Sounds funny but then again, I'm no bussiness contract guy so what do I know. :D I didn't know telling about characters is such a big deal to bussiness people anyway, bussiness-wise talking. Thanks anyway being kind enough of twisting the iron thread for me though. ^_^

I just run with this fun logic that if people reason aloud why they do/think like they do/think, it'd be a bit easier to talk rather than shout, even uderstand why something happened in the first place (I'm not expecting to hear why they broke from Archie though, one can always guess but still). For that they need to be able to talk about stuff though.

• Nice Smile 1