Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

6 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Eh, I can kind of get what he means. Stealth isn't much of an issue when the guy can just teleport in and take whatever they want and be out.

Maybe they can introduce a sort of Kryptonite to cancel out Chaos energy.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

There aren't many heists in fiction that go off without a hitch. You could lead the reader in with the impression that it's as simple as "teleport in, teleport out." but the person they're stealing from expected it and had countermeasures in place. 

What would you have in mind?

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

There aren't many heists in fiction that go off without a hitch. You could lead the reader in with the impression that it's as simple as "teleport in, teleport out." but the person they're stealing from expected it and had countermeasures in place. 

Like...use your heads guys, lol. If Shadow really was as powerful as you guys were saying, he wouldn't get into any serious fights at all, whether he was on his own or not.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but you'd have to work around Shadows abilities a bit. He's still as fast as Sonic, so you'd have to make opponents that would give Sonic trouble to justify it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you think Flynn will use unused concepts of Archie like Sonic and Honey being directors of a TV show? And Eggman stepping in because he disaggrees for creative reasons?

255?cb=20161223052110

6 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Eh, I can kind of get what he means. Stealth isn't much of an issue when the guy can just teleport in and take whatever they want and be out.

Rouge and Shadow go to the heist location and Rouge starts telling him her plan in detail, where the item is, what the traps are, etc. 

Shadow immediatelly stops listening after he hears the location, teleports in, gets the item, and teleports out.

Rouge sees this and scolds him for being a partypooper by just ignoring the fun and challenge that makes a heist entertaining for her in the first place, and Shadow reluctantly puts the item back where it was and begrudgingly tags along with Rouge as she does the heist her way.

I think that would be an entertaining scenario where the "Why doesn't he teleport" thing gets adressed and opens up a fun dynamic with Rouge, who wants to show Shadow the things she enjoys, while he's a grumpy "This could've been way easier"  guy with lots of potential for fun banter.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/24/2018 at 12:23 PM, SpongicX said:

tangled_lemur_by_spongicx-dc117kl.jpg

Sorry, but with a name like Tangle, this was bound to happen eventually. Here is a "Tangled" version of Tangle. 

I noticed the comic artist Tracy Yardley liked my fan drawing on Twitter, that’s pretty neat.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What kind of stories Shadow should have? It should be something related to his past, and Eclipse was perfect for it. But now Eclipse will not reappear.

So what will they do for Shadow?

Again? We already know Shadow's past. They told this I think 3 times already. Unless they will recon his story and tell a brand new one. Maybe cancel the Maria drama and tell more about his alien roots. I'm not sure if he is still half alien in the main canon, but if he is than he can visit his home planet or something like that. Maybe also meet Marvin, ALF and Bender and hang out with them, I don't know. 

• Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Josh said:

What counter mesures? What?

Doctor eggman, Doctor the fuck eggman literally can't get shadow from finding him, The guy who is guarded by lava often times, can't get him to stop following him around. Who? There is no one who is prepared for shadow the hedgehog, shadow isn't sonic, he isn't in the lime light. I wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't know who he was, no one is preparing for that. 

He would teleport in, even if the person had guns guarding the thing it would be fine because shadow is super durable and can shrug off ammunition

Like...use your heads guys, lol. If Shadow really was as powerful as you guys were saying, he wouldn't get into any serious fights at all, whether he was on his own or not.

Yes.

Shadow is literally strait absent for large sections of sonic forces because his powers and information would just...end the plot. He's really strong and the last time he was in the comic they had to design an enemy for him to fight that was specific to him so he could have a foil. 

20 minutes ago, Thigolf said:

Rouge and Shadow go to the heist location and Rouge starts telling him her plan in detail, where the item is, what the traps are, etc. 

Shadow immediatelly stops listening after he hears the location, teleports in, gets the item, and teleports out.

Rouge sees this and scolds him for being a partypooper by just ignoring the fun and challenge that makes a heist entertaining for her in the first place, and Shadow reluctantly puts the item back where it was and begrudgingly tags along with Rouge as she does the heist her way.

I think that would be an entertaining scenario where the "Why doesn't he teleport" thing gets adressed and opens up a fun dynamic with Rouge, who wants to show Shadow the things she enjoys, while he's a grumpy "This could've been way easier"  guy with lots of potential for fun banter.

Issue with that, shadow wouldn't do that. 

Shadow would just leave. He has better things to do, she would be upset and he would be like " call me when you have a real problem" . Like I don't think rouge and shadow hang out. Shadow's not a hang out kind of guy, like maybe if you wanted to build their relationship and potentially a romance... maybe. But you would have to show shadow showing interest in a person...ever. So that's probably not happening. 

He has hobbies and shit it seems, he just seems to keep to himself while doing them. He's a solo dolo kinda dude that's ok, he's that friend you don't see often, but is reliable but has shit to do and is your friend. I know the internet wants shadow to be tsundere or some shit, but he's never been that. He's just a loner. He would be like " Ok I did the thing, peace" 

7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Doctor eggman, Doctor the fuck eggman literally can't get shadow from finding him, The guy who is guarded by lava often times, can't get him to stop following him around. Who? There is no one who is prepared for shadow the hedgehog, shadow isn't sonic, he isn't in the lime light. I wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't know who he was, no one is preparing for that. 

He would teleport in, even if the person had guns guarding the thing it would be fine because shadow is super durable and can shrug off ammunition

Yes.

Shadow is literally strait absent for large sections of sonic forces because his powers and information would just...end the plot. He's really strong and the last time he was in the comic they had to design an enemy for him to fight that was specific to him so he could have a foil. 

Issue with that, shadow wouldn't do that. 

Shadow would just leave. He has better things to do, she would be upset and he would be like " call me when you have a real problem" . Like I don't think rouge and shadow hang out. Shadow's not a hang out kind of guy, like maybe if you wanted to build their relationship and potentially a romance... maybe. But you would have to show shadow showing interest in a person...ever. So that's probably not happening. 

He has hobbies and shit it seems, he just seems to keep to himself while doing them. He's a solo dolo kinda dude that's ok, he's that friend you don't see often, but is reliable but has shit to do and is your friend. 

While I do agree using Shadow in this capacity is hard, it feels like you don't even wanna try. I mean goddamn dude, you're making it sound like Shadow can only ever fight larger than life threats and never be used in a smaller capacity ever.

And that's fine, but it really limits what you can do with him and makes him rather one-dimensional at that personally.

Like damn, even if you feel it's not a good use of Shadow, you could at least entertain the idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I hope tangle isn't just sally. 

She's not, read the character description. They say she likes to tangle with enemies, she is combat oriented, she is a kindred spirit to Sonic. That's what I gathered. She is the new Sally in that she sounds like the most important comic character (and most popular?) as she's the first revealed, but other than that, the personalities don't match.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

While I do agree using Shadow in this capacity is hard, it feels like you don't even wanna try. I mean goddamn dude, you're making it sound like Shadow can only ever fight larger than life threats and never be used in a smaller capacity ever.

I'm not saying that. I want a story where some challenges shadow to race in a car or on a motorcycle, and then they race. Its something obviously something shadow doesn't have to do. He could brood and mope and be powerful but its something he's interested in. And him actively using his powers impedes his enjoyment and the fuction of the entire thing. I had an idea where shadow has to babysit, a bunch of kids. I had an idea where shadow is reading comic books, and he wants to go pick up one , and its not there and its connected to a greater crime... but he just wanted a comic book. 

Shadow doing less super powerery shit is fine. It is however when you give him an activity he has no investment that he can easily do. It eliminates his entire reason for being there. Let rouge be cool by herself

And that's fine, but it really limits what you can do with him and rather one-dimensional at that personally.

I would so argue that you could literally create a whole new pantheon of higher level characters who give shadow's frequent beat downs that cause him to think about him and his life and reevaluate how he handles things. Characters like eclipse folks he can't just easily over power. 

Like damn, even if you feel it's not a good use of Shadow, you could at least entertain the idea.

But I am? I'm not like, or If I am i'm sorry, but I don't think i'm like " Your dumb your idea is dumb, shadow is the coolest everyone else is dumb" This whole argument is for rouge, I think shadow's powers makes some shit trivial. And I think think the way to make her character better is to be in a situation where powers don't look trivial. And I feel as though that's far far away from that guy who has the dio powers. Is all i'm saying. 

If I sound hard apologize, I don't mean to be. I just think people are a bit too withholden to groups like team dark, and I feel like that makes the book or the media more stale then shadow fighting super strong folks all the time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I have a scenerio.

Rouge and Shadow sneak into a Eggman Base to steal a new power source Eggman has found.

Shadow teleports to the chamber holding the power source.

As soon as he enters the area, the machine that caught and nullified Super Sonic in Sonic Unleashed turns on and traps Shadow in the room.

Next, the room begins with flood with Mega Muck and a group of the Badniks, Steelion start to surround him.

Now Rouge has to quickly get in, fight a brand new set of Badniks that attack using high pitched sounds which really hurt her ears and prevent her from being too close to attack  and fly normally, and fight against Metal Sonic and a brand new Metal that has some edge before Shadow drowns and becomes encased in Mega Muck.

That was fun. :D

10 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

She's not, read the character description. They say she likes to tangle with enemies, she is combat oriented, she is a kindred spirit to Sonic. That's what I gathered. She is the new Sally in that she sounds like the most important comic character (and most popular?) as she's the first revealed, but other than that, the personalities don't match.

As I have learned in the past I'm not gonna soley rely on sonic character descriptions to give me solid details on identity. I'll wait for when the book hits, but I hope you are right. 

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I have a scenerio.

Rouge and Shadow sneak into a Eggman Base to steal a new power source Eggman has found.

Shadow teleports to the chamber holding the power source.

As soon as he enters the area, the machine that caught and nullified Super Sonic in Sonic Unleashed turns on and traps Shadow in the room.

I actually like this idea, but can't shadow just... punch his way out. He's a strong fella

Like this idea though, I think this is the best version of the scenario given. Reason for them to be together, check. Reason for them interact and reason for shadow not of immediately solve the problem, checkamundo. I don't want shadow to be this golden undefeatable god, its just the previous scenario was just... why? It Just sounded like the previous responses wanted to make shadow this sonic type characters when he's kinda not. He'll help you, he does't have time for bull. You created a scenario that gets around that

Though... would that work on shadow? We don't know how the machine works.. and how it would work on shadow given his powers are weird and alien related. 

OH you could have a holloween story where that truns shadow into a vampire, and vampire shadow and werewolf sonic have a fight!

Next, the room begins with flood with Mega Muck and a group of the Badniks, Steelion start to surround him.

Now Rouge has to quickly get in, fight a brand new set of Badniks that attack using high pitched sounds which really hurt her ears and prevent her from being too close to attack  and fly normally, and fight against Metal Sonic and a brand new Metal that has some edge.

Why you gotta make her ears bleed. That sounds painful. 

That was fun. :D

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm not saying that. I want a story where some challenges shadow to race in a car or on a motorcycle, and then they race. Its something obviously something shadow doesn't have to do. He could brood and mope and be powerful but its something he's interested in. And him actively using his powers impedes his enjoyment and the fuction of the entire thing. I had an idea where shadow has to babysit, a bunch of kids. I had an idea where shadow is reading comic books, and he wants to go pick up one , and its not there and its connected to a greater crime... but he just wanted a comic book. 

Shadow doing less super powerery shit is fine. It is however when you give him an activity he has no investment that he can easily do. It eliminates his entire reason for being there. Let rouge be cool by herself

I would so argue that you could literally create a whole new pantheon of higher level characters who give shadow's frequent beat downs that cause him to think about him and his life and reevaluate how he handles things. Characters like eclipse folks he can't just easily over power. 

But I am? I'm not like, or If I am i'm sorry, but I don't think i'm like " Your dumb your idea is dumb, shadow is the coolest everyone else is dumb" This whole argument is for rouge, I think shadow's powers makes some shit trivial. And I think think the way to make her character better is to be in a situation where powers don't look trivial. And I feel as though that's far far away from that guy who has the dio powers. Is all i'm saying. 

If I sound hard apologize, I don't mean to be. I just think people are a bit too withholden to groups like team dark, and I feel like that makes the book or the media more stale then shadow fighting super strong folks all the time. 

It's not so much I'm withholding, because I do agree they can and should be used independently at times. But the thing is, they're still good friends regardless of team dark.

So like, yea Shadow may not care about being a thief, but he does care about Rouge and would probably (reluctantly) tagalong because she asked him.

And if the problem are his powers, just put them in a situation where he can't just use them to solve everything.

This isn't as hard as you're making it out to be.

4 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It's not so much I'm withholding, because I do agree they can and should be used independently at times. But the thing is, they're still good friends regardless of team dark.

So like, yea Shadow may not care about being a thief, but he does care about Rouge and would probably (reluctantly) tagalong because she asked him.

I never said that. All I said was he would solve the problem quickly. 

I think shadow would help anyone if they asked. But he just wouldn't be one for bull.

And if the problem are his powers, just put them in a situation where he can't just use them to solve everything.

Someone did above, and I liked the idea. They came up with a specific scenario where it might work. Don't know if the machine suggested would work on shadow for like... lore weirdness. But generally? Scenario works. 

I'm not against that idea, It was just the previous suggestions didn't provide one that didn't allow for shadow to no clip through reality and shrug off bullets. 

This isn't as hard as you're making it out to be.

It isn't, someone suggested a good idea

It does go back to what I said in how Shadow is a pretty hard character to work with lol.

Yeah,  

And its why i'm ok with them possibly not doing shadow for a while. They'll get to him, just do it right. 

• Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, NikoS said:

NANI?!!??!?

Well I mean Sonic would rather team up with a nobody and himself first if modern Sonic is anything to go by.

• Nice Smile 1

5 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Oh my god, all douchebaggery Tails did in Lost World is justified

• Promotion 1

5 hours ago, Josh said:

I'd like more stories about Rouge with Shadow as a tag along. 

To actually answer the question,  put Shadow in situations that actually show what kind of hero he is instead of always going back to the "his past" well for ideas. The comics were actually decent about this.

That would be like Sonic being a tagalong to Tails. Shadow is way to big a character to be a secondary to a character cast to his sub main stories. I always pegged Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Blaze to be the mutli protagonists of the series with their own branches of plots about them and their own tailored casts.

Sonic is the fundamental hero of the series and the core main protagonist, everything and the entire cast serves Sonic's plots and the setting with the main three of Tails, Knuckles and Amy being the most involved. Eggman is his main antagonist as well as any future threat or rival he's fought.

Shadow is the fundamental hero of the dark side of the series, his cast serves him due to having a more anti heroic setting including Rouge, Omega, GUN, possibly Mephiles(he's dead), his established antagonists is GUN(made peace) the biolizard(killed off with Sonic), Black Doom(hilled by Shadow himself) and possible infinite(Shadow still could be Infinites personal nemesis since his defeat to Shadow impacted his character most of all). Shares the current role of Sonic's main rival also.

Silver is the fundamental hero of the future timeline side of the series, his cast includes just Blaze and was the sole focus of the future timeline of the main setting, many futuristic add ons to what ever plot he's in since Mephiles and Apocalyptic plot is retconed. Possibly it's either the main hedgehogs or any threat manipulating the timeline as main antagonists. Also serves as one of Sonic's rivals and opponents.

Blaze is the fundamental hero of alter reality role of sonic the hedgehog side of the series, her cast extends to Silvers by proxy, Cream and Marine serve as sidekicks due to having natural development around her social issues and stead fast responsibilities, her plots focus on her own dimension and possible plots on being queen. Eggman Nega is the main established nemesis. Serves as one of Sonic's main allies.

51 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It does go back to what I said in how Shadow is a pretty hard character to work with lol.

Not really, you just got to put Shadow in the same role as Sonic but contrast that with everything Sonic wouldn't do. Everything can be a reverse take on Sonic's pattern of stories. Compare and Contrast. Sonic has Adventures, Shadow has Missions or self fulfilling Goals, Sonic loves to run fast while Shadow loves to battle and prove being the ultimate lifeform, Sonic hates waiting for action, Shadow will patiently let the action run into him, Sonic has a wild and brash attitude, Shadow is cold indifference with tranquil aggression, Sonic's friends are goody two shoes and idealists, Shadow's friends are anti heroic wild cards and realistic about their situations. etc. 

14 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

That would be like Sonic being a tagalong to Tails.

I'd like to see that too.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

That would be like Sonic being a tagalong to Tails. Shadow is way to big a character to be a secondary to a character cast to his sub main stories. I always pegged Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Blaze to be the mutli protagonists of the series with their own branches of plots about them and their own tailored casts.

Man, that sounds crazy!  Almost like making an arc about Knuckles and Amy, with Shadow as a sidekick.

Or make Silver a member of Archie exclusives and make them equally important as him.

Oh, oh, oh, I got better: Imagine Sonic. Right? And..... Antoine of all people! Teaming up... and the story is focused on Antoine.

Nope couldn't happen.  Not now, not before. Or with other Freedom Fighters characters.

And your 'peggin' you described earlier is just that: yours. I mean, I won't deny this divide (I kinda doubt Blaze 'owns' Cream, but whatever), but it has no legal power. Amy is still more popular than Blaze, Silver still wasn't in Lego Dimension (unlike Big the Cat) and Shadow still has to wait inIDW. Tittle of " mutli protagonists of the series " is kinda meaningless is all I'm saying.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1