Jump to content
Dejimon11

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

What counter mesures? What?

Doctor eggman, Doctor the fuck eggman literally can't get shadow from finding him, The guy who is guarded by lava often times, can't get him to stop following him around. Who? There is no one who is prepared for shadow the hedgehog, shadow isn't sonic, he isn't in the lime light. I wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't know who he was, no one is preparing for that. 

He would teleport in, even if the person had guns guarding the thing it would be fine because shadow is super durable and can shrug off ammunition

Yes.

Shadow is literally strait absent for large sections of sonic forces because his powers and information would just...end the plot. He's really strong and the last time he was in the comic they had to design an enemy for him to fight that was specific to him so he could have a foil. 

Issue with that, shadow wouldn't do that. 

Shadow would just leave. He has better things to do, she would be upset and he would be like " call me when you have a real problem" . Like I don't think rouge and shadow hang out. Shadow's not a hang out kind of guy, like maybe if you wanted to build their relationship and potentially a romance... maybe. But you would have to show shadow showing interest in a person...ever. So that's probably not happening. 

He has hobbies and shit it seems, he just seems to keep to himself while doing them. He's a solo dolo kinda dude that's ok, he's that friend you don't see often, but is reliable but has shit to do and is your friend. 

While I do agree using Shadow in this capacity is hard, it feels like you don't even wanna try. I mean goddamn dude, you're making it sound like Shadow can only ever fight larger than life threats and never be used in a smaller capacity ever.

And that's fine, but it really limits what you can do with him and makes him rather one-dimensional at that personally.

Like damn, even if you feel it's not a good use of Shadow, you could at least entertain the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I hope tangle isn't just sally. 

She's not, read the character description. They say she likes to tangle with enemies, she is combat oriented, she is a kindred spirit to Sonic. That's what I gathered. She is the new Sally in that she sounds like the most important comic character (and most popular?) as she's the first revealed, but other than that, the personalities don't match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

While I do agree using Shadow in this capacity is hard, it feels like you don't even wanna try. I mean goddamn dude, you're making it sound like Shadow can only ever fight larger than life threats and never be used in a smaller capacity ever.

I'm not saying that. I want a story where some challenges shadow to race in a car or on a motorcycle, and then they race. Its something obviously something shadow doesn't have to do. He could brood and mope and be powerful but its something he's interested in. And him actively using his powers impedes his enjoyment and the fuction of the entire thing. I had an idea where shadow has to babysit, a bunch of kids. I had an idea where shadow is reading comic books, and he wants to go pick up one , and its not there and its connected to a greater crime... but he just wanted a comic book. 

Shadow doing less super powerery shit is fine. It is however when you give him an activity he has no investment that he can easily do. It eliminates his entire reason for being there. Let rouge be cool by herself

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

And that's fine, but it really limits what you can do with him and rather one-dimensional at that personally.

I would so argue that you could literally create a whole new pantheon of higher level characters who give shadow's frequent beat downs that cause him to think about him and his life and reevaluate how he handles things. Characters like eclipse folks he can't just easily over power. 

1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Like damn, even if you feel it's not a good use of Shadow, you could at least entertain the idea.

But I am? I'm not like, or If I am i'm sorry, but I don't think i'm like " Your dumb your idea is dumb, shadow is the coolest everyone else is dumb" This whole argument is for rouge, I think shadow's powers makes some shit trivial. And I think think the way to make her character better is to be in a situation where powers don't look trivial. And I feel as though that's far far away from that guy who has the dio powers. Is all i'm saying. 

If I sound hard apologize, I don't mean to be. I just think people are a bit too withholden to groups like team dark, and I feel like that makes the book or the media more stale then shadow fighting super strong folks all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

What counter mesures? What?

Doctor eggman, Doctor the fuck eggman literally can't get shadow from finding him, The guy who is guarded by lava often times, can't get him to stop following him around. Who? There is no one who is prepared for shadow the hedgehog, shadow isn't sonic, he isn't in the lime light. I wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't know who he was, no one is preparing for that.

I have a scenerio.

Rouge and Shadow sneak into a Eggman Base to steal a new power source Eggman has found.

Shadow teleports to the chamber holding the power source.

As soon as he enters the area, the machine that caught and nullified Super Sonic in Sonic Unleashed turns on and traps Shadow in the room.

Next, the room begins with flood with Mega Muck and a group of the Badniks, Steelion start to surround him.

Now Rouge has to quickly get in, fight a brand new set of Badniks that attack using high pitched sounds which really hurt her ears and prevent her from being too close to attack  and fly normally, and fight against Metal Sonic and a brand new Metal that has some edge before Shadow drowns and becomes encased in Mega Muck.

 

That was fun. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jack of Tangles said:

She's not, read the character description. They say she likes to tangle with enemies, she is combat oriented, she is a kindred spirit to Sonic. That's what I gathered. She is the new Sally in that she sounds like the most important comic character (and most popular?) as she's the first revealed, but other than that, the personalities don't match.

As I have learned in the past I'm not gonna soley rely on sonic character descriptions to give me solid details on identity. I'll wait for when the book hits, but I hope you are right. 

6 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

I have a scenerio.

Rouge and Shadow sneak into a Eggman Base to steal a new power source Eggman has found.

Shadow teleports to the chamber holding the power source.

As soon as he enters the area, the machine that caught and nullified Super Sonic in Sonic Unleashed turns on and traps Shadow in the room.

I actually like this idea, but can't shadow just... punch his way out. He's a strong fella

Like this idea though, I think this is the best version of the scenario given. Reason for them to be together, check. Reason for them interact and reason for shadow not of immediately solve the problem, checkamundo. I don't want shadow to be this golden undefeatable god, its just the previous scenario was just... why? It Just sounded like the previous responses wanted to make shadow this sonic type characters when he's kinda not. He'll help you, he does't have time for bull. You created a scenario that gets around that

Though... would that work on shadow? We don't know how the machine works.. and how it would work on shadow given his powers are weird and alien related. 

OH you could have a holloween story where that truns shadow into a vampire, and vampire shadow and werewolf sonic have a fight!

Quote

Next, the room begins with flood with Mega Muck and a group of the Badniks, Steelion start to surround him.

Now Rouge has to quickly get in, fight a brand new set of Badniks that attack using high pitched sounds which really hurt her ears and prevent her from being too close to attack  and fly normally, and fight against Metal Sonic and a brand new Metal that has some edge.

Why you gotta make her ears bleed. That sounds painful. 

Quote

That was fun. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm not saying that. I want a story where some challenges shadow to race in a car or on a motorcycle, and then they race. Its something obviously something shadow doesn't have to do. He could brood and mope and be powerful but its something he's interested in. And him actively using his powers impedes his enjoyment and the fuction of the entire thing. I had an idea where shadow has to babysit, a bunch of kids. I had an idea where shadow is reading comic books, and he wants to go pick up one , and its not there and its connected to a greater crime... but he just wanted a comic book. 

Shadow doing less super powerery shit is fine. It is however when you give him an activity he has no investment that he can easily do. It eliminates his entire reason for being there. Let rouge be cool by herself

I would so argue that you could literally create a whole new pantheon of higher level characters who give shadow's frequent beat downs that cause him to think about him and his life and reevaluate how he handles things. Characters like eclipse folks he can't just easily over power. 

But I am? I'm not like, or If I am i'm sorry, but I don't think i'm like " Your dumb your idea is dumb, shadow is the coolest everyone else is dumb" This whole argument is for rouge, I think shadow's powers makes some shit trivial. And I think think the way to make her character better is to be in a situation where powers don't look trivial. And I feel as though that's far far away from that guy who has the dio powers. Is all i'm saying. 

If I sound hard apologize, I don't mean to be. I just think people are a bit too withholden to groups like team dark, and I feel like that makes the book or the media more stale then shadow fighting super strong folks all the time. 

It's not so much I'm withholding, because I do agree they can and should be used independently at times. But the thing is, they're still good friends regardless of team dark.

So like, yea Shadow may not care about being a thief, but he does care about Rouge and would probably (reluctantly) tagalong because she asked him.

And if the problem are his powers, just put them in a situation where he can't just use them to solve everything.

This isn't as hard as you're making it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It's not so much I'm withholding, because I do agree they can and should be used independently at times. But the thing is, they're still good friends regardless of team dark.

So like, yea Shadow may not care about being a thief, but he does care about Rouge and would probably (reluctantly) tagalong because she asked him.

I never said that. All I said was he would solve the problem quickly. 

I think shadow would help anyone if they asked. But he just wouldn't be one for bull.

Quote

And if the problem are his powers, just put them in a situation where he can't just use them to solve everything.

Someone did above, and I liked the idea. They came up with a specific scenario where it might work. Don't know if the machine suggested would work on shadow for like... lore weirdness. But generally? Scenario works. 

I'm not against that idea, It was just the previous suggestions didn't provide one that didn't allow for shadow to no clip through reality and shrug off bullets. 

Quote

This isn't as hard as you're making it out to be.

It isn't, someone suggested a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It does go back to what I said in how Shadow is a pretty hard character to work with lol.

Yeah,  

And its why i'm ok with them possibly not doing shadow for a while. They'll get to him, just do it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Josh said:

I'd like more stories about Rouge with Shadow as a tag along. 

To actually answer the question,  put Shadow in situations that actually show what kind of hero he is instead of always going back to the "his past" well for ideas. The comics were actually decent about this.

That would be like Sonic being a tagalong to Tails. Shadow is way to big a character to be a secondary to a character cast to his sub main stories. I always pegged Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Blaze to be the mutli protagonists of the series with their own branches of plots about them and their own tailored casts.

Sonic is the fundamental hero of the series and the core main protagonist, everything and the entire cast serves Sonic's plots and the setting with the main three of Tails, Knuckles and Amy being the most involved. Eggman is his main antagonist as well as any future threat or rival he's fought.

Shadow is the fundamental hero of the dark side of the series, his cast serves him due to having a more anti heroic setting including Rouge, Omega, GUN, possibly Mephiles(he's dead), his established antagonists is GUN(made peace) the biolizard(killed off with Sonic), Black Doom(hilled by Shadow himself) and possible infinite(Shadow still could be Infinites personal nemesis since his defeat to Shadow impacted his character most of all). Shares the current role of Sonic's main rival also.

Silver is the fundamental hero of the future timeline side of the series, his cast includes just Blaze and was the sole focus of the future timeline of the main setting, many futuristic add ons to what ever plot he's in since Mephiles and Apocalyptic plot is retconed. Possibly it's either the main hedgehogs or any threat manipulating the timeline as main antagonists. Also serves as one of Sonic's rivals and opponents.

Blaze is the fundamental hero of alter reality role of sonic the hedgehog side of the series, her cast extends to Silvers by proxy, Cream and Marine serve as sidekicks due to having natural development around her social issues and stead fast responsibilities, her plots focus on her own dimension and possible plots on being queen. Eggman Nega is the main established nemesis. Serves as one of Sonic's main allies.

 

51 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

It does go back to what I said in how Shadow is a pretty hard character to work with lol.

Not really, you just got to put Shadow in the same role as Sonic but contrast that with everything Sonic wouldn't do. Everything can be a reverse take on Sonic's pattern of stories. Compare and Contrast. Sonic has Adventures, Shadow has Missions or self fulfilling Goals, Sonic loves to run fast while Shadow loves to battle and prove being the ultimate lifeform, Sonic hates waiting for action, Shadow will patiently let the action run into him, Sonic has a wild and brash attitude, Shadow is cold indifference with tranquil aggression, Sonic's friends are goody two shoes and idealists, Shadow's friends are anti heroic wild cards and realistic about their situations. etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

That would be like Sonic being a tagalong to Tails. Shadow is way to big a character to be a secondary to a character cast to his sub main stories. I always pegged Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Blaze to be the mutli protagonists of the series with their own branches of plots about them and their own tailored casts.

3

Man, that sounds crazy!  Almost like making an arc about Knuckles and Amy, with Shadow as a sidekick.

Or make Silver a member of Archie exclusives and make them equally important as him.

Oh, oh, oh, I got better: Imagine Sonic. Right? And..... Antoine of all people! Teaming up... and the story is focused on Antoine.

Nope couldn't happen.  Not now, not before. Or with other Freedom Fighters characters.

And your 'peggin' you described earlier is just that: yours. I mean, I won't deny this divide (I kinda doubt Blaze 'owns' Cream, but whatever), but it has no legal power. Amy is still more popular than Blaze, Silver still wasn't in Lego Dimension (unlike Big the Cat) and Shadow still has to wait inIDW. Tittle of " mutli protagonists of the series " is kinda meaningless is all I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Well I mean Sonic would rather team up with a nobody and himself first if modern Sonic is anything to go by.

 

They could update this with Forces and the CaC lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dash Speed said:

That would be like Sonic being a tagalong to Tails. Shadow is way to big a character to be a secondary to a character cast to his sub main stories. I always pegged Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Blaze to be the mutli protagonists of the series with their own branches of plots about them and their own tailored casts.

 

That's nice. The series doesn't really agree with this notion though, so it's moot. Sonic is the primary protagonist and everyone else gets the spotlight depending on the story. 

 

1 hour ago, Dash Speed said:

Not really, you just got to put Shadow in the same role as Sonic but contrast that with everything Sonic wouldn't do. Everything can be a reverse take on Sonic's pattern of stories. Compare and Contrast. Sonic has Adventures, Shadow has Missions or self fulfilling Goals, Sonic loves to run fast while Shadow loves to battle and prove being the ultimate lifeform, Sonic hates waiting for action, Shadow will patiently let the action run into him, Sonic has a wild and brash attitude, Shadow is cold indifference with tranquil aggression, Sonic's friends are goody two shoes and idealists, Shadow's friends are anti heroic wild cards and realistic about their situations. etc. 

Yea, and this goes right back into what I said about Shadow literally eclipsing everyone else in the plot. I mean, that's the primary reason everyone got tired of him to begin with, why do you want to go back to that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.