Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Yes, the other covers featured are Tracy's for 1, ABT's for 2, and the one with Blaze for 4. Who's doing which varient is mentioned, but only those four covers are included.

Issue 1: Cover A Tyson Hesse, Cover B Tracy Yardley, Cover RI-A Nathalie Fourdraine Cover RI-B Rafa Knight, Cover RI-C Kieran Gates

Issue 2: Cover A Tyson Hesse, Cover B Adam Bryce Thomas, Cover RI-A Nathalie Fourdraine, Cover RI-B Jonathan Gray

Issue 3: Cover A Tyson Hesse, Cover B Jen Hernandez, Cover RI-A Nathalie Fourdraine, Cover RI-B Jamal Peppers

Issue 4: Cover A Tyson Hesse, Cover B Evan Stanley, Cover RI-A Nathalie Fourdraine, Cover RI-B Tyson Hesse

"GOTTA GO FAST!"

Gotta stop shoehorning that phrase into every modern product description more like. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Chuckle 2

17 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Each book is 32 pages each

It's 32 pages including ads. There's only 20 or so pages of story. So 4 issues with 20 pages of story each = 80 total story pages for the trade. Add in some extras like concept art, a cover gallery, maybe an interview and there you go.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Nessun testo alternativo automatico disponibile.

Sweet Runners artwork!!! And amazing cover for issue #3

nowaboutthosevariants...

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Also in Previews

MsBiZm.jpg

M0yd3B.jpg

...what is this exactly?

It was the Tyson Hesse promo art from Comic-Con. If you're referring to the CGC Graded, then IDK.

CGC seems to be a third party company responsible for grading and preserving comics to the highest standard. Might explain why the comic costs ninety fucking dollars

5 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

CGC seems to be a third party company responsible for grading and preserving comics to the highest standard. Might explain why the comic costs ninety fucking dollars

I just noticed that. Holy shit. The comic may be good, but I don't think that it's worth almost $100.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm optimistic for IDW taking on the series, but I can't help but feel bothered that people from Archie are returning.

I wanted to see some new blood have a chance on the comics.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Austroid said:

I'm optimistic for IDW taking on the series, but I can't help but feel bothered that people from Archie are returning.

I predict we’ll get some by the end of the comic’s second year.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Austroid said:

I think this is a smart move, get some of the experienced Sonic artists on board for a while and then allow new artists to slowly bed in.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

I think it's a good thing; they all have a proven track record, both in the industry and on Sonic specifically, and are generally quite popular and worked on a well-received iteration of the franchise for ten years. I mean, sure, tastes vary, but it's a smart move and I find it reassuring the comic will be in good hands and I expect them to rotate other artists/writers in (no doubt for mini-series and off-shoots IDW probably has planned) down the line when things are established.

I go back and forth about my feelings on this comic, but the one thing I can't complain about is the creative team.

On top of that, Archie has been a sinking ship--these guys deserve the work.

I think it's a double edged sword. Yeah having so many old hands helps reestablish the Sonic comic more smoothly, but the sheer lack of new creative talent might make it harder for IDW to carve its own niche until it can get new blood pumping. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

There are supposed to be more variants yet to be revealed, right? The solicits mention interconnected covers done by Hesse.

CCG   is how we comic collectors rare book conditions officially. It means it's pretty much near mint when you get it and that if you did not open or bend it than a buyer could not try to haggle saying that it has a crease or any wear

I don't know how IDW does its variant reveals exactly, but looking at the MLP cover releases they can be dribbled out over quite a long duration.