Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Although we have some returning artists, you can't deny their excellency and their mastery of their craft, plus compare the quality between say 2008 and 2018, there's great improvement and we got to keep them to show awesome art.

Plus, they got a new cover artist (Nathalie Fourdraine).

Plus if you don't particularly like someone's art, you can wait for another 4-issue arc.

I'm still waiting for Diana Skelly's announcement! (issue 5 hopefully? :D)

I'm still behind the belief this comic get more exposure and popular if Team Dark were just as heavily promoted in covers as the core 4.

Honestly as far as new talent goes I'm betting we'll see new folks or even some of IDW's other Artists and Writers take a stab once spinoff material gets going. Besides Transformers started off with having Familiar Talent on board too. Things change over time.

On that note I'm super glad to see that IDW is pulling in artists from outside the states too. There's a ton of talented artists around the world and it'd be nice to see more on the book.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I think it's a double edged sword. Yeah having so many old hands helps reestablish the Sonic comic more smoothly, but the sheer lack of new creative talent might make it harder for IDW to carve its own niche until it can get new blood pumping. 

I think the prospect of new blood joining is already ruined by the decision of the tie-in with Forces. Not sure if it's their fault, though, SEGA could had made a demand because of the need to advertise that game.

6 minutes ago, Korke said:

I think the prospect of new blood joining is already ruined by the decision of the tie-in with Forces. Not sure if it's their fault, though, SEGA could had made a demand because of the need to advertise that game.

1. There is no need to advertise the game further, it sold well, even in Japan it did okay which is shocking. Seems like SEGA is happy with its performance.

2. It doesn't ruin anything because it's just the first couple of issues, it won't be a Forces comic book, they are only following up from the latest main game in the series, not surprising, but it doesn't seem to be based off it aside from the robot designs and the fact that the resistance is still active.

In fact I assume the first issue will be very simple Sonic & Tails action with little post-Forces content, hopefully it's characters cameos by the resistance.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I know it's likely, but has it been confirmed this is post Forces? Evidence seems to point to it, but what about full confirmation?

Amy asked him to rejoin the resistance.

Sonic is cleaning up Eggman's mess in remaining villages.

Robots designs is Force style.

I don't think we can deny it.

2 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

1. There is no need to advertise the game further, it sold well, even in Japan it did okay which is shocking. Seems like SEGA is happy with its performance.

2. It doesn't ruin anything because it's just the first couple of issues, it won't be a Forces comic book, they are only following up from the latest main game in the series, not surprising, but it doesn't seem to be based off it aside from the robot designs and the fact that the resistance is still active.

In fact I assume the first issue will be very simple Sonic & Tails action with little post-Forces content, hopefully it's characters cameos by the resistance.

Could you please give me the source for that info?

13 minutes ago, Korke said:

Could you please give me the source for that info?

Join the official team from SEGA who are building Sonic’s future as they give you an update on last year’s strong performance of Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, as well as the world-exclusive first look at what comes next for the fastest blue hedgehog.”

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/events/PP99104

8 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Join the official team from SEGA who are building Sonic’s future as they give you an update on last year’s strong performance of Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, as well as the world-exclusive first look at what comes next for the fastest blue hedgehog.”

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/events/PP99104

... that's not a source.

It's basic PR, of course I won't tell the public in a advertisement that my market's tomatoes were rotten.

• Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, Korke said:

... that's not a source.

It's basic PR, of course I won't tell the public in a advertisement that my market's tomatoes were rotten.

Technically PR doesn't outright lie, they just hide bad stuff, if Forces performed badly they simply would have avoided saying anything about it, but they actually had good things to say, so they are happy about the game :P

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

Heya guys what's goin' o....

M0yd3B.jpg&key=b457e98fa049a0d00cd62d094

Hide contents

over.png

Hide contents

so_over.png

Hide contents

so_so_over.png

Hide contents

Ibactually just bought this on my lunch today.  it's meant not to be opened basically or touched

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Technically PR doesn't outright lie, they just hide bad stuff, if Forces performed badly they simply would have avoided saying anything about it, but they actually had good things to say, so they are happy about the game :P

You should never trust corporates, that would be naive.

Especially when we are talking about SoJ, when they made two blatant lies in a row.

21 hours ago, Korke said:

Ok I get that Forces is hated but like it's the most logical placement. It's the most recent Game and Good or Bad it just makes sense to place it after the game most potential new fans will  have played.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

27 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Ok I get that Forces is hated but like it's the most logical placement. It's the most recent Game and Good or Bad it just makes sense to place it after the game most potential new fans will  have played.

I'm not really considering the game reception tbh, it's just that having something else which the reader is expected to be familiar with may scare away newcomers imo. A true fresh start like what was being promised would be a lot more favorable...

I think starting it after Forces is an okay idea. It's content fans are at least familiar with so for newcomers to the comic series they won't have to read Archie to catch up.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is going to sound silly, but a part of me is concerned about how Blaze will treated in the fourth issue. I say this because her debut will accompanied by the introduction of Tangle, she's in back of Tangle and Sonic, and in the article here they neglect to mention that Blaze will appear. Given how often she was hit with the worf effect back in the Archie comics, it makes me a bit scared that she'll either be pushed to the sidelines or become a punching bag to glorify Tangle. What do you guys think?  

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

This is going to sound silly, but a part of me is concerned about how Blaze will treated in the fourth issue. I say this because her debut will accompanied by the introduction of Tangle, she's in back of Tangle and Sonic, and in the article here they neglect to mention that Blaze will appear. Given how often she was hit with the worf effect back in the Archie comics, it makes me a bit scared that she'll either be pushed to the sidelines or become a punching bag to glorify Tangle. What do you guys think?  

A bit slow to the local mini-conference there, aren't you?

Yeah, if it indeed turns out something in that vain, I definitely won't be surprised. The marketing gave it away.

Come to think of it, Tangle/Blaze is essentially Team Jubilee(and the Hooligan duo) except without a Pirate Plunder Panic to tie in with.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:06 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

q1IdpD.jpg

Anyone wanna talk about how that cactus looks like the ones from mirage saloon?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, A Checker KING heavy engin said:

Anyone wanna talk about how that cactus looks like the ones from mirage saloon?

Yeah, while I haven't played Mania myself, seeing that cactus made me think that's where the issue would take place.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

A bit slow to the local mini-conference there, aren't you?

Yeah, if it indeed turns out something in that vain, I definitely won't be surprised. The marketing gave it away.

Come to think of it, Tangle/Blaze is essentially Team Jubilee(and the Hooligan duo) except without a Pirate Plunder Panic to tie in with.

What exactly do you mean by that first part? 

9 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

What exactly do you mean by that first part? 

While I don't think I was so direct about it, I have noted just how thickly laid on Tangle's reveal had been to the point of downplaying Blaze's presence in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

While I don't think I was so direct about it, I have noted just how thickly laid on Tangle's reveal had been to the point of downplaying Blaze's presence in the past.

I'm hoping Blaze isn't shoved aside in favor of Tangle.