M0yd3B.jpg&key=b457e98fa049a0d00cd62d094

Hide contents

over.png

Hide contents

so_over.png

Hide contents

so_so_over.png

Hide contents

Well, I'll never understand this part of the (US) comics culture. Why else would I buy a comic book than for reading? Gee.

I think it was rather clever how Don Rosa made fun of stuff like this few times in the Duck comics.

On 2.2.2018 at 1:37 AM, PublicEnemy1 said:

Sin_titulo.png
Just in case.

If only had I enough money/authority...

It's a sweet dream...

21 hours ago, Korke said:

You should never trust corporates, that would be naive.

Well, coming from a country where one could actually trust others few decades back (before that damned globalisation) it's sad to say this seems to be the case, at least when the huuge companies are in question.

Though, I'd call it more like a mixture of politician-talk and vaguism; they take the question, present another question and answer to that question instead, that's how politicians seem to perform.

It'd be funny if they weren't the ones deciding how stuff goes.

But yeah, sometimes bussiness secrets suck, like really hard.

___

Also, I don't want to paint devils on the walls but, it's like (almost) everything Mr. Flynn writes about Sonic always kind of, ends without closure. For some reason or another. One could go as far back as to the "Other M" thing...

Kinda terrifying in a way. Is it an omen?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Well, I'll never understand this part of the (US) comics culture. Why else would I buy a comic book than for reading? Gee.

Do me a favour and look up the Speculative Boom. 

I'm being dead serious. Not only is a fascinating read in of itself, it explains the mindset behind so many modern trends and decisions in marketing. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Judging from Blaze's look in the earlier version of the cover, I guess it's possible.

We've seen an earlier version of the cover?

Just now, Celestia said:

We've seen an earlier version of the cover?

The Preview Catalogue has the earlier version for some reason. Tangle's debut came with the later version. 

20 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Do me a favour and look up the Speculative Boom. 

I'm being dead serious. Not only is a fascinating read in of itself, it explains the mindset behind so many modern trends and decisions in marketing. 

Okay, that actually sounds interesting. I'll see if I can find it, thanks! Anything that opens up that logic is bound to be interesting.

---

Sounds like the Bitcoin bubble really, in a way. I suppose I see the thing, and it was kinda clear for me, but I still don't get it on the deeper level; stuff is made for use, even putting it in frames for watching it is using in a way. Stuffing it somewhere to keep it safe for expected sale is kinda weird. Things people do when they desperately want cash.

But well, most of my comics tend to come shredded from the mail, only way I can get them in one piece for sure is to buy them through a shop. Kinda funny I can get comic books in one piece more likely from US than from my own country, tells a lot.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

Well, coming from a country where one could actually trust others few decades back (before that damned globalisation) it's sad to say this seems to be the case, at least when the huuge companies are in question.

Though, I'd call it more like a mixture of politician-talk and vaguism; they take the question, present another question and answer to that question instead, that's how politicians seem to perform.

It'd be funny if they weren't the ones deciding how stuff goes.

But yeah, sometimes bussiness secrets suck, like really hard.

My country is pure corruption in every single sector, so I guess I'm used to it, heh

By the way, I've read the press, there is no mention of Blaze as one of the 4 companions for Sonic, it's: Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Tangle. Seems like Blaze has a smaller role indeed.

Why do Blaze and Tangle appear in the same issue? Does Tangle come from Blaze's world?

And why didnt they show Rough and Tumble who appear before Tangle?

I think they'll announce Rough and Tumble when the hype for Tangle goes down a bit, or when there are less new Tangle fan arts on facebook than before.

We don;t know about Issue 4 because it hasn't come out yet. We'll find out when it's released. 

And Rough and Tumble will probably be seen when other variants of issue #3 are revealed before its release. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

What are the concepts you'd like to see in the comic??

-Important role for Chaos emeralds and master emeralds

-Phantom ruby not used too conveniently like in Forces.

-Humans present.

-Wispons to equip the resistance warriors.

-NO Classic Sonic (Seriously, the second he appears, I go back to Archie pre-reboot or Sonic X = stuff canon to games with ONE blasted Sonic).

-Tails not being a blasted wimp

-Development for the Lost Hex, Deadly Six, Wisps, Babylon Rogues's alien origin, hopefully some alien stuff with Shadow too.

-STATION SQUARE AND MYSTIC RUINS.

(Yes, my favorite games are Adventure1/Adventure 2 and Unleashed, the games with an ACTUAL good story).

So I went to my local comic store and, well, turns out they are not getting any comics in original language from the USA, meh. I'll stick with my original plan, which is, to buy the issues digitally the day they come out so I can read them immediately and I don't have to deal with spoilers, and I'll be ordering the first volume in physical form on Amazon! Do we know if the issues will be available on Google Store too? The digital version, of course.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

What are the concepts you'd like to see in the comic??

Primarily, the less utilized(, Gemerl, etc.), emphasized(Omega, Storm, etc.), and/or appreciated(Charmy, Marine, etc.) characters getting some sufficient limelight is a major incentive.

Here's a few other things that would be neat:

• Amy's vaguely implied mystical background getting a little display
  • Fake Emeralds coming up again 
  • A personal villain/rival for Knuckles and Amy
  • Some stories is Blaze's world, with some emphasis on the likes of Marine and Gardon
  • Exploring the Special Zone a bit
  • Alternative Macguffins like the Time Stones and Gems coming up again
  • A good story with Soleanna
  • Thrash

• Thumbs Up 6

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Amy's vaguely implied mystical background getting a little display

Would rather they not do that. 

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Primarily, the less utilized(, Gemerl, etc.), emphasized(Omega, Storm, etc.), and/or appreciated(Charmy, Marine, etc.) characters getting some sufficient limelight is a major incentive.

I'm hoping we can get a Blaze and Marine arc someday.

12 minutes ago, NikoS said:

Oh i only wish....

Damn, if SEGA and then that lawsuit's repercussions didn't have shit timing

9 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Would rather they not do that. 

Really now?

9 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm hoping we can get a Blaze and Marine arc someday.

I'm hoping we get a Blaze and Marine GAME someday.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Damn, if SEGA and then that lawsuit's repercussions didn't have shit timing

Really now?

I'm hoping we get a Blaze and Marine GAME someday.

I'm not a fan of magic so I would prefer they focus on other traits of Amy.

Me too.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Really now?

Yes really.  I don't know why some people like to harp on that one bit trivia about Amy liking tarot cards.  It's just junk trivia, no different than blood types and what not.  If it was ever gonna be a part of her character, I'm sure the hammer gimmick replaced it a long time ago.

5 minutes ago, andrewtuell1991 said:

Yes really.  I don't know why some people like to harp on that one bit trivia about Amy liking tarot cards.  It's just junk trivia, no different than blood types and what not.  If it was ever gonna be a part of her character, I'm sure the hammer gimmick replaced it a long time ago.

Well, it is technically a piece of Hidden Depth. The Mysticism element could be used to help show a little more flexibility to her personality.

Besides, it's not like Amy didn't already display a number of odd powers(Attacks with heart symbols, Invisibility) throughout the games. 

And not for nothing, while I never recieved the issue myself, I do like the nice nod it got in the Sonic CD part of Genesis of a Hero.

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm not a fan of magic so I would prefer they focus on other traits of Amy.

In a series where the Chaos Emeralds are the big macguffin, you have an issue with Amy having mysticism? What kind of backwards logic is that?

In any case, Sonic Channel supports the idea that Amy is into more than just tarot (she used crystal ball divination there), so it'd be a fun little quirk to her personality if she believed in clairvoyance in general. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

In a series where the Chaos Emeralds are the big macguffin, you have an issue with Amy having mysticism? What kind of backwards logic is that?

In any case, Sonic Channel supports the idea that Amy is into more than just tarot (she used crystal ball divination there), so it'd be a fun little quirk to her personality if she believed in clairvoyance in general. 

I have reservations against them too.

23 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

For clarification people, she's referencing the 25th anniversary manga.

amyscomic.png

22 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I have reservations against them too.

The Emeralds?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

For clarification people, she's referencing the 25th anniversary manga.

amyscomic.png

The Emeralds?

Wait, VEDJ-F is a girl?

Eyup; though it isn't outright said they're magic though.

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Wait, VEDJ-F is a girl?

Yep, if they is indeed Meliden from Bumbleking forums.

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Eyup; though it isn't outright said they're magic though.

Eeeeeh....sortof? Like, Walter has used one to enhance his magic and it is said that they can make a wish/miracle happen, but they're also not explicitly magic themselves as far as I know.

They're POWER--ENRICHED by the HEART!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1