Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

15 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

By the way, I've read the press, there is no mention of Blaze as one of the 4 companions for Sonic, it's: Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Tangle. Seems like Blaze has a smaller role indeed.

I hope this means Shadow and Team Dark are co hero leads like in the games, Yes Knuckles, Tails and Amy are aligned around Sonic as a concept of the main hero having an iconic set of characters/friends that revolve around his plots, But Shadow has enough lore to extend from Sonic's cast ala Wario and become the hero of his own story with Rouge and Omega. Team Dark is nearly as iconic without Sonic hyping them up.

6 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What are the concepts you'd like to see in the comic??

-a Modern Sonic version of Mega Drive, that takes place after the events of Sonic 4: Episode 2

-a story where Big & Blaze Team up

-another story with Team Chaotix solving a mystery

-a story involving Chao & Wisps

-a story where Amy, Cream, Rouge, & Blaze have team-up to rescue the guys

-a story where Sonic has to face Silver Sonic Mk I & II, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, and Titan Metal Sonic all at the same time

-a space traveling story (Example: Babylon Garden is found and becomes a Wisp Colony)

-a story where Silver's Good Future is revealed, where the Resistance is a Time Squad that has a time machine that sends Silver back whenever something major affects the timeline. Also, if mandates allow it now or not, Eggman Nega

-a story where Infinite teams up with the Phantom Heavies to try and use a Master Phantom Ruby inside the Eclipse Cannon to trap the entire world into an illusion they can control

-A crossover story with NiGHTS

-Tails & Tangle Ship

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

7 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

-a story where Big & Blaze Team up

Why does this not exist already? 

9 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

-a story where Sonic has to face Silver Sonic Mk I & II, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, and Titan Metal Sonic all at the same time

-a space traveling story (Example: Babylon Garden is found and becomes a Wisp Colony)

-a story where Silver's Good Future is revealed, where the Resistance is a Time Squad that has a time machine that sends Silver back whenever something major affects the timeline. Also, if mandates allow it now or not, Eggman Nega

-a story where Infinite teams up with the Phantom Heavies to try and use a Master Phantom Ruby inside the Eclipse Cannon to trap the entire world into an illusion they can control

-A crossover story with NiGHTS

-Tails & Tangle Ship

Wooh, talk about a Metal Overload!

7 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

What are the concepts you'd like to see in the comic??

-Important role for Chaos emeralds and master emeralds

-Phantom ruby not used too conveniently like in Forces.

-Humans present.

-Wispons to equip the resistance warriors.

-NO Classic Sonic (Seriously, the second he appears, I go back to Archie pre-reboot or Sonic X = stuff canon to games with ONE blasted Sonic).

-Tails not being a blasted wimp

-Development for the Lost Hex, Deadly Six, Wisps, Babylon Rogues's alien origin, hopefully some alien stuff with Shadow too.

-STATION SQUARE AND MYSTIC RUINS.

(Yes, my favorite games are Adventure1/Adventure 2 and Unleashed, the games with an ACTUAL good story).

- Maginary World

- New storybooks

- A crossover with the Archie continuity

- Some sort of re-imagined Nocturnus

- A new set of Heavies with different quirks. HBH sets would be good ideas for minor villains, really. 

• Nice Smile 1

I'd like to see more on the Babylonians in general. (Not Babylon Rouges [though I wouldn't mind them either], but the alien race of Babylonians)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I too would like to see humans return; Station Square and all. Also bring back the Thorndykes.

Things were interesting when you had the United Federation and G.U.N. They where kinda-sorta okay with Sonic's kind being around, but were not always on good terms. I also liked how they viewed Eggman as a credible threat and took his schemes seriously; it showed that to the rest of the world Eggman isn't taken lightly compared to how Sonic sees him.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1

I don't mind humans just so long as they exist alongside the Sonic-type characters and don't hog the spotlight of anyone who actually matters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

25 minutes ago, Swing said:

I thought humans aren't canon anymore. Were they not written out of the lore of Sonic after Unleashed? I'm confused. 

Iizuka created the "two worlds" thing

37 minutes ago, Swing said:

I thought humans aren't canon anymore. Were they not written out of the lore of Sonic after Unleashed? I'm confused. 

So what, in Sonic Forces Shadow and Rouge don't work for GUN? They do missions by pure altruism and selflessness for free?

(it's saracasric :p)

No really, they can't write out humans as they are a very important part of Sonic's world, and part of Shadow's origin. They don't need to be main characters, just NPCs and citizens.

hqdefault.jpg

11 minutes ago, Korke said:

Iizuka created the "two worlds" thing

I hope Flynn doesn't use this cheap excuse. I want one planet, just like Archie Post-reboot.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

No really, they can't write out humans as they are a very important part of Sonic's world, and part of Shadow's origin. They don't need to be main characters, just NPCs and citizens.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they've retconned that away at this point. They retconned a bunch more shit for no reason at all in the past so I've just learned to accept it.

• Nice Smile 1

Okay. I'm still confused. Even more than before. Just answer me that one question: Is their now one world or more alternative timelines for Sonic? Because according to Forces the Classic series is its own separate universe. 

6 minutes ago, Swing said:

Okay. I'm still confused. Even more than before. Just answer me that on question: Is their now one world or more alternative timelines for Sonic. Because according to Forces the Classic series is its own separate universe. 

Trying to find consistency in Sonic's canon is like.... trying to find an apt comparison to that statement. It doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Swing said:

Okay. I'm still confused. Even more than before. Just answer me that on question: Is their now one world or more alternative timelines for Sonic. Because according to Forces the Classic series is its own separate universe. 

Allegedly, classic Sonic exists in a different dimension where Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD and Mania are the canon events, as well as Generations from classic Sonic's perspective.

In modern Sonic's dimension, Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, 4 and everything from Adventure onward is canon, all of which apparently take place across two worlds; the "human world" and "Sonic's World".

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they've retconned that away at this point. They retconned a bunch more shit for no reason at all in the past so I've just learned to accept it.

Nah, Shadow's Sonic Channel comic is all about his past with Maria and Gerald, that's not gone away.

And given how much of a riot there might be if it was retconned out, I doubt it ever will for mainline Shadow. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Marcello said:

I want the Battle Bird Armada to return. I've always liked them.

Me too. 

And if Mr. Flynn's comment about the Hooligans being safe is true, there's a chance we'll be getting them and the Witchcarter as well.

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

So what, in Sonic Forces Shadow and Rouge don't work for GUN? They do missions by pure altruism and selflessness for free?

(it's saracasric :p)

hqdefault.jpg

I hope Flynn doesn't use this cheap excuse. I want one planet, just like Archie Post-reboot.

Not to mention Eggman and Dr. Nega.

52 minutes ago, Swing said:

Okay. I'm still confused. Even more than before. Just answer me that one question: Is their now one world or more alternative timelines for Sonic? Because according to Forces the Classic series is its own separate universe. 

Oh boy.... See, I don't really mind that alternative dimension thing given how timetravel dependent characters/stories tend to work(ex.DBZ), but they really should've at least taken their time with revealing that.

I believe that's really just a way for them to justify doing Classic Sonic stuff without worrying about the timeline shenanigans.

• Nice Smile 1

21 hours ago, Swing said:

Simplest answer is to ignore everything and assume there is one timeline, one planet and that's it (except for Blaze Dimension or any other spin off little words)

But officially

1 Forces established that there are two worlds/timelines: Classic and Modern. It wasn't verified, but it seems that they both went through Sonic 1-3, CD (and possibly other classic games), but "Classic Sonic" went through Mania, while "Modern Sonic" went through Adventure 1, 2, Heroes, etc.

2 In one of interview someone said that there are 2 worlds: Human Worlds (Earth) and Talking Animals World (usually called "Mobius" due to older comics/cartoons). This concept was never elaborated on, so how it works is all speculations. Presumably games from Adventure 1 to Unleashed took place on Earth. But even if Forces takes place on "Mobius", humans are still 100% cannon.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Bumblekast update:

-Ian Flynn prefers a more proactive Tails, and not sidelined and coward.

-He also has a list of canon games to IDW, but he doesnt know when he can make it public (I'm prety sure Forces is canon though).

-I think he implied Shadow The Hedgehog is canon, I'm not sure. (if it is, that would make SA1-SA2-Heroes canon).

-Also, he reffers to the world of "Shadow The Hedgehog" and "Sonic Unleashed" as the "human world". I'm a bit worried about that! Perhaps Unleashed is not canon to the comics, but only to the games, I do not like the "two-worlds" approach very much.

-Tangle will be a supporting character. It's a book centered around Sonic (unlike archie post-sgw where it's more focused on the extended cast), but he notes the amount of love Tangle got, and that she could have a bigger role in the future if fans want more of her.

Bumblekast update over.

Also, if Forces is canon, that would make Sonic CD (Metal Sonic), SA1 (chaos), Sonic Lost World (Zavok), and Sonic Rivals (Silver) and Sonic 2 (Death Egg Robots, the character remember them) canon. And also, Blaze's appearance makes Sonic Rush canon.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can get not liking it, but the setup of the two worlds is really not confusing or inconsistent. Hell, Sonic X has taught you how it works for over a decade now, just the games' version has it be easier to go between worlds. There's a human world, and a cartoon animals world. It's not timelines, it's different planets/dimensions, just like Blaze's world. And there's a Modern Sonic timeline, and since Generations, a Classic Sonic timeline.

• Nice Smile 1

42 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

-Also, he reffers to the world of "Shadow The Hedgehog" and "Sonic Unleashed" as the "human world".

Oh.. oh no, bro..

Well.. would really like to see how he makes sense of that if he actually writes it into the comic.

46 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

-Ian Flynn prefers a more proactive Tails, and not sidelined and coward.

Well it's good to see he noticed that. Hopefully he doesn't have to deal with some mandate or out of his control decision that says that is how Tails must be.

• Thumbs Up 1