Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

Not to mention she completely ditched her teammates after seeing Sonic at the end of their campaign, and then again after Metal Overlord's defeat. And even when fighting the Egg Emperor, her main motivation was that Eggman was apparently the only reason she and Sonic weren't together.

That's not a crush. That's unhealthy.

She left after seeing Sonic at the end of their campaign as they all found there friends and Amy was looking for Sonic. Eggman is the reason she and Sonic weren't together as Eggman keeps Sonic moving place to place.  

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

The fight is non-canon the cutscene is canon. 

And the evidence/confirmation of this is where...? Because there's also team battles later in the game (Namely Team Sonic VS Team Dark that is canon, especially with the cutscene showing Sonic and Shadow literally engaging into the battle), so where's the evidence?

What's bad about a fake boyfriend he was gone a long time and she missed him.  

Because it's very manipulative, especially to do it to someone who you say is your friend? Regardless of it working or not (which it likely didn't, depends on the dialogue choices in Chronicles but if you choose not to act super sweet to Amy, she won't reveal it being a lie, meaning she was more than happy to keep the lie going even when Sonic returned to the group). Trying to create intentional jealousy and anger in someone so they'd agree to be in a relationship is a very manipulative act, and is one of the biggest out of character moments for Amy, the same way that several of the dialouge options of Sonic doing nothing but belittling and insulting everyone is out of character. The difference is Sonic's is optional based on player choice, Amy's choice of a fake boyfriend is something that actually happens regardless of player input.

I, can't see how Amy is aforementioned in Battle or other games.

Someone else brought it up earlier in this topic in great detail.

I can't read Japanese and I got that line in the level not the battle. If he said that then he's right Sonic is bad boyfriend material with the way he runs off without telling anyone.   

So Sonic is a bad boyfriend material for running off to adventure alone despite the fact that he isn't in a relationship in the first place, and on top of that, Tails/Knuckles very clearly knew how to track him down in the beginning cutscene? When exactly did Sonic become obliged to remain in one place despite not being in any kind of relationship, not wishing to be in any kind of relationship, and lastly - the point becomes moot when Adventure even confirms that while Amy misses Sonic, Sonic was already running around, adventuring alone while Amy was living in Station Square and it wasn't a big deal other than Amy remembering when she actually did adventure, as opposed to shopping in Station Square.

5 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

She left after seeing Sonic at the end of their campaign as they all found there friends and Amy was looking for Sonic. Eggman is the reason she and Sonic weren't together as Eggman keeps Sonic moving place to place.  

No, Sonic as a character is free-spirited and loves to travel and adventure around the world, helping anyone in need. He stops Eggman when his next scheme comes about, but that's it. Eggman never gets in the way of a potential relationship between the two. If anything, maybe it's just because Sonic doesn't want to be in a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

1) So that perfectly justifies her leaving Cream and Big to find their own way off the deadly armada and back home? Those two can hold their own, but it's still incredibly rude. Even Sonic let Tails and Knuckles tag along with him in the end. Amy didn't even say goodbye to her "friends" at the end of Team Rose's story.

2) So the only reason Sonic won't hook up with Amy is because of Eggman- Not because he's clearly not interested in a relationship, constantly rejects her advances, and actively avoids her. No, it's all because of Eggman, who doesn't control every bit of Sonic's or Amy's lives.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Look how she treats Vector in Sonic Free Riders and be rude to him! :D

She and Cream always berrate him, and at the end say "it's not everyday you team up with 2 cuties like us" or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

1) So that perfectly justifies her leaving Cream and Big to find their own way off the deadly armada and back home? Those two can hold their own, but it's still incredibly rude. Even Sonic let Tails and Knuckles tag along with him in the end. Amy didn't even say goodbye to her "friends" at the end of Team Rose's story.

To be fair, I don't hold that against Amy at all. She'd already seen them through to meet their goals, she has no obligation to stick with them after that when they're (or were at the time...) capable of handling themselves. She wasn't close to either Cream or Big at this point, so she probably wouldn't have incentive to have them stick with her. 

I decided to track down a playthrough of Team Rose's story and good Lord, the dialogue/scripting...

PS. I'm listening to Cream's voice clips right now and it is hilarious.

• Nice Smile 1

I'd love to see Big and Cream in the comics. How are they going to justify their absence?

- Big was on a fishing vacation

- Cream stayed home with her mother because she's too young for battle.

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

2) So the only reason Sonic won't hook up with Amy is because of Eggman- Not because he's clearly not interested in a relationship, constantly rejects her advances, and actively avoids her. No, it's all because of Eggman, who doesn't control every bit of Sonic's or Amy's lives.

Did Amy know how to get off the deadly armada? Amy doesn't need to say goodbye then Big and Cream know how she gets when around Sonic.

Sonic is in soft relationship with Amy going on about three dates but Eggman takes up his time where as normal bad guys don't take so long to stop.   

15 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Look how she treats Vector in Sonic Free Riders and be rude to him! :D

She and Cream always berrate him, and at the end say "it's not everyday you team up with 2 cuties like us" or something like that.

AND Cream?! Boy, the characters sure do have a tendency to be dicks to each other when their not saving the world, aren't they? :lol: 

• Nice Smile 1

@Fire-N-Space I have to agree with the others in that Amy's portrayal in Rush, Battle, Chronicles, and Free Riders weren't good in that she was obsessive and aggressive. 

6 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'd love to see Big and Cream in the comics. How are they going to justify their absence?

That is a good point. The latter explanation might be risky mostly because some Cream fans didn't like how she told to seat back during most of her time in the Post SGW issues.

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'm fine with Big(and Blaze, for that matter) staying out of the Resistances business, but Cream is egregious considering she was considered one of the main characters for a while, not to mention her connection to Amy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sonic is in soft relationship with Amy going on about three dates but Eggman takes up his time where as normal bad guys don't take so long to stop.   

Sonic and Amy aren't in a relationship, not even a soft one, they're simply not together. And no, Sonic's not Batman, he has a life.

Just now, Marco9966 said:

What 3 dates? I remember one in Blavk Knight.

I guess the others are the optional one that can be agreed to near the end of Unleashed and Twinkle Park in Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 6

12 minutes ago, Razule said:

I guess the others are the optional one that can be agreed to near the end of Unleashed and Twinkle Park in Adventure.

I always assumed the one in Black Knight *was* the one from that Unleashed bit.

Sonic agrees to go on date with Amy once world is saved > world gets saved > they arrange the date > Sonic gets pulled into King Arthur's world and misses the date.

It's a popular headcanon at least, and one I can totally get behind.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, Marco9966 said:

What 3 dates? I remember one in Blavk Knight.

Black Knights, Sonic X and I think that one time in the comics.

Just now, Fire-N-Space said:

Black Knights, Sonic X and I think that one time in the comics.

You realise those are in three separate canons, right...?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

You realise those are in three separate canons, right...?

Why not? I know the comics aren't canon.   

Why not? I know the comics aren't canon.   

You said Sonic and Amy have been on three dates. Up til now we've been talking about the game canon versions of them. Ergo this brings one under the assumption that you were saying they'd been on three dates in the game canon.

And yet only one of the dates you listed there is game canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

You said Sonic and Amy have been on three dates. Up til now we've been talking about the game canon versions of them. Ergo this brings one under the assumption that you were saying they'd been on three dates in the game canon.

And yet only one of the dates you listed there is game canon.

How is Sonic X not part of the Black Knights? I didn't think I was talking about all of the games just wanted to say that fight in Heroes was non-canon.

3 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

How is Sonic X not part of the Black Knights? I didn't think I was talking about all of the games just wanted to say that fight in Heroes was non-canon.

I'm pretty sure that X is not canon within the game series. I could be wrong though...

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm pretty sure that X is not canon within the game series. I could be wrong though...

No, you would be correct.

Chris doesn't exist in the game universe just as the storybook worlds don't exist in the Sonic X Universe

• Nice Smile 1

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

No, you would be correct.

Chris doesn't exist in the game universe just as the storybook worlds don't exist in the Sonic X Universe

But didn't Chris stay in the human world with the story of the storybooks taking place in Sonic World?

It'd be extremely hard for Sonic X and the games to be canon to eachother.

Unless you're trying to tell me the Adventure games somehow happened twice.

But didn't Chris stay in the human world with the story of the storybooks taking place in Sonic World?

No, because they're different continuities.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Would the same stories even appear in both worlds?

• Nice Smile 1

It'd be extremely hard for Sonic X and the games to be canon to eachother.

Unless you're trying to tell me the Adventure games somehow happened twice.

No, because they're different continuities.

I'm sorry, but I don't see why there not in the same story for or why. Why would the adventure games need to happened twice.