Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Yeah, this can work!

On a side note, this guy came way before Pickle Riiiick!

Pickle,_Professor.pngRick_Sanchez.png

Reveal hidden contents

professor_pickle_by_scurvyhedgehog-d7a0va3fcdf4f44e9087b1e63da6846a505e7a669aa63

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand cucumber sandwiches.

4 minutes ago, ElectroKyurem said:

I hope we get more bad guys than just the Egg Empire.

Wasn't there a Mandate that stated that Eggman is Sonic's only enemy since the Post-Reboot? I could be wrong...

2 minutes ago, ElectroKyurem said:

I hope we get more bad guys than just the Egg Empire.

Fang, Bean, and Bark were somewhat confirmed, iirc. The Battlebird Armada and the Witchcarters may be let in as well.

The Deadly Six are probably a given seeing how they were handled since their inception.

And Mr. Flynn indirectly gave a vague hint that Null Mind could be included.

So that's a total of fourteen possible antagonists right there.

1 minute ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Wasn't there a Mandate that stated that Eggman is Sonic's only enemy since the Post-Reboot? I could be wrong...

This is the first time I've ever heard of it. Plus, Naugus and Breezie kind of demolish that point anyway.

• Nice Smile 1

Does anyone hope we get a twist and it turns out Tangle is a villain, playing both sides.  I don't mean necessarily devoted to Eggman like Infinite, but more interested in her own goals.  

5 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

Does anyone hope we get a twist and it turns out Tangle is a villain, playing both sides.  I don't mean necessarily devoted to Eggman like Infinite, but more interested in her own goals.  

So, like Team Hooligan? Interesting, but unlikely. It could be possible, but the way they are hyping up Tangle as part of Sonic's team, I highly doubt it. I won't throw out the possibility, however.

I'd be fine with that. More antagonists (especially ones not tied to Eggman) are always welcome, not that I'm against more heroes being introduced but we already have a lot.

20 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So, like Team Hooligan? Interesting, but unlikely. It could be possible, but the way they are hyping up Tangle as part of Sonic's team, I highly doubt it. I won't throw out the possibility, however.

Actually, Mr. Flynn clarified that Tangle wasn't meant to be a major recurring character. And if that's accurate, then the overhyping is indeed purely on IDW pasture.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Almar said:

You say that like a select chunk of the fandom didn't contribute by acting like she was guareenteed to be Sally/An analogue of her.

I'm speaking for myself here, acornpick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I think it makes sense to introduce a character and wait to see how people react to them before deciding if they're going to be recurring.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

Eh, I think it makes sense to introduce a character and wait to see how people react to them before deciding if they're going to be recurring.

It is. I don't think anyone would overtly disagree with that.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Fang, Bean, and Bark were somewhat confirmed, iirc. The Battlebird Armada and the Witchcarters may be let in as well.

The Deadly Six are probably a given seeing how they were handled since their inception.

And Mr. Flynn indirectly gave a vague hint that Null Mind could be included.

So that's a total of fourteen possible antagonists right there.

This is the first time I've ever heard of it. Plus, Naugus and Breezie kind of demolish that point anyway.

Plus Naugus and Breezie are up in the air, along with maybe some more DiC characters. With Flynn’s creations, probably under a different writer.

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Plus Naugus and Breezie are up in the air, along with maybe some more DiC characters. With Flynn’s creations, probably under a different writer.

Actually, I believe it was confirmed that the Archie comic specific stuff likely won't be in the comic.

The Dic stuff arguably a slightly different issue.

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, I believe it was confirmed that the Archie comic specific stuff likely won't be in the comic.

The Dic stuff arguably a slightly different issue.

Naugus IS a DiC character. Also, in the Sonic Jam character guide, it neglects to mention the characters from the Tails games along with characters from the American-developed games (or Heavy/Bomb, for that matter), so that might make the Witchcarters and Battle Birds less likely. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/lyFiM

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Naugus IS a DiC character.

9 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

With Flynn’s creations, probably under a different writer.

"..."

3 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Also, in the Sonic Jam character guide, it neglects to mention the characters from the Tails games along with characters from the American-developed games (or Heavy/Bomb, for that matter), so that might make the Witchcarters and Battle Birds less likely. 

Well shoot....

Waitaminute, is Sonic Jam a recent thing or something?

3 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Also, in the Sonic Jam character guide, it neglects to mention the characters from the Tails games along with characters from the American-developed games (or Heavy/Bomb, for that matter), so that might make the Witchcarters and Battle Birds less likely. 

They are still game characters, therefore, fair game.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

"..."

Did Flynn say he actually can’t use them, or just that he won’t?

• Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, Miragnarok said:

I'm sure someone with any exact quote can answer that. I'm just going by what I've heard.

5 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I don't think Ian would actually just throw away his characters that he created just because it's a new continuity. I have a feeling that this is SEGA's doing...

47 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Yeah, forcing characters down folk's isn't the best. And now there aren't characters legacy-ed in. all the non game characters have to be vetted that way

11 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I don't think Ian would actually just throw away his characters that he created just because it's a new continuity. I have a feeling that this is SEGA's doing...

Yeah...

Clean slate, more control

9 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Yeah...

Clean slate, more control

I still think SEGA will be mostly hands-off with this one. If we're gonna be getting character development from Sonic, which was a big no-no to SEGA, then I think we're gonna be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Naugus and Breezie (and other obscure/old characters) may come in, just not Archie's version. Similar with the FF, they probably need to be rebooted & redesigned as IDW's version.

Slightly off-topic, whenever I see people claim "SEGA will be more stricter control over the comic" I get confused because I keep hearing the opposite from official source. I am certain IDW and Ian had announced/mentioned they have more flexibility/freedom and  it would be case-by-case...?

• Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Naugus and Breezie (and other obscure/old characters) may come in, just not Archie's version. Similar with the FF, they probably need to be rebooted & redesigned as IDW's version.

Slightly off-topic, whenever I see people claim "SEGA will be more stricter control over the comic" I get confused because I keep hearing the opposite from official source. I am certain IDW and Ian had announced/mentioned they have more flexibility/freedom and  it would be case-by-case...?

Indeed.