Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

If Sonic Team is holding Flynn on a tight leash then this comic is guaranteed to be weak.

"Yes, Hedgehog Testosterone enables Sonic, Shadow, and Silver to go Super"

"Yes, there are 5 worlds (Classic Furry World, Classic Human World, Modern Furry World, Modern Human World, Blaze World) that Angel Island can somehow go between. Also Gerald Robotnik made his Ultimate Lifeform a hedgehog for the laughs."

"No, there can't be humans besides Eggman otherwise we risk the triggering of those who get triggered at seeing non-Eggman humans."

Sigh, this why I should avoid this topic until comics cames out. I hate when people go 'ruined forever' based on vague clues and clear speculations.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I don't know if they'll use Satam characters ever again.

But ADVENTURES OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a goldmine for early Sonic characters and redesigns. They did a great job on them on the Archie post-reboot.

For example: Sonic's ancestors, I could see them hang out with Tikal.

37ab0e56e602a777070195077c9b16e5.png

They could do like Uncle Scrooge comics, not give direct relatives like parents, but distant relatives like ancestors, uncles, grandfathers...

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm wondering if future issues will still have the events of Forces looking around (i.e. there are still references to the story and we see the world still affected by Eggman's reign, but slowly things get better as time goes on).

8 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

But ADVENTURES OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is a goldmine for early Sonic characters and redesigns. They did a great job on them on the Archie post-reboot.

They could do like Uncle Scrooge comics, not give direct relatives like parents, but distant relatives like ancestors, uncles, grandfathers...

Underground was specifically off limits or at least overwhelming restricted.

10 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Hey in the future could you please credit/link the source when you repost people's fanart? I know it's drawloverlala's because I know her style and her redesign work, but we've had a problem with people posting unsourced/uncredited artwork recently and I think those artists deserve some acknowledgement.

24 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Hey in the future could you please credit/link the source when you repost people's fanart? I know it's drawloverlala's because I know her style and her redesign work, but we've had a problem with people posting unsourced/uncredited artwork recently and I think those artists deserve some acknowledgement.

Sorry about that! I found it randomly on internet. Then I used google image reverse search just to know who it was.

I always  forget to do that, I'll try to always do it next times.

It's Drawloverlala indeed!

By the way, some people asked on facebook if Tangle was lesbian, and  a lot of people got angry about it.

I'm not against LGBT, but I think it should not be tackled for main characters. I prefer however to see LGBT couples here and there in background, like this:

dddddd.PNG

(image from Archie Sonic 174).

but who knows, it can be a possibility to have LGBT or straight romances in NON-GAME characters.

9 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I'm not against LGBT, but I think it should not be tackled for main characters. I prefer however to see LGBT couples here and there in background, like this:

dddddd.PNG

but who knows, it can be a possibility to have LGBT or straight romances in NON-GAME characters.

That's actually supposed to be Ian Flynn and his wife as Mobians.

• Thumbs Up 7

37 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

By the way, some people asked on facebook if Tangle was lesbian, and  a lot of people got angry about it.

On Facebook in general or in the IDW Sonic group? If it's the latter I'm honestly surprised they're allowing that type of discussion there.

*pleasently surprised, I mean

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

On Facebook in general or in the IDW Sonic group? If it's the latter I'm honestly surprised they're allowing that type of discussion.

*pleasently surprised, I mean

IDW Sonic group.

Someone said that they're also kind of surprised in  a comment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suspect the IDW series will be broadly steering clear of romance; the comics don't have a good record on handling it well and it's a source of contention among the fandom, so it's probably best to avoid putting focus on it.  It'll be for minor, background characters in minor, background moments to begin with, I should imagine; possibly more once the comic is established and if they're feeling especially confident.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I think Ian is going to handle the romance thing in IDW Sonic like he did with Archie Sonic 2013-2016 (Soft Reboot Era). I mean as low key as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 2/10/2018 at 12:43 PM, Marco9966 said:

WHAT are the locations you wanna see in the comic??

Pumpkin Hills! It's an deceptively iconic local I love seeing people draw.

@Ernest-Panda Woops, my bad, heh. Good save.

@Cuz Advance 2, not Adventure 2.

5 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Sorry about that! I found it randomly on internet. Then I used google image reverse search just to know who it was.

I always  forget to do that, I'll try to always do it next times.

It's Drawloverlala indeed!

dddddd.PNG

Ian himself said something to that effect a couple of years back. Specifically that a licensed comic book that he's being paid to write for isn't the best place to take such a risk because "he's playing with toys that aren't his" or something.

Nonetheless he reassured that there are definitely LGBT people on Sonic's world and that they have equal rights.

Then again, he was able to get away with subtly inserting Salcole into the comic so you never know.

• Nice Smile 1

If it's mainly focused on the game cast, there probably won't be much room for romance. Even more than in post-reboot Archie, without a married couple as a part of the main cast anymore.

• Promotion 1

I did like Metal x Breezie thing he started....I have no idea how would that follow, but that's what partially made it fascinating.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I would like if Tangle was a lesbian, would be pretty cool, and I'm sad that Gold was supposed to be bisexual but they never got to explore her character past her debut arc :(

But one thing that pisses me off... in fiction in general, even tv or movies, is that gay people and gay couples often get ignored in favor of lesbian couples, like, I see lots of those, but where are the gay? Sorry for the off-topic mini comment.

• Fist Bump 2

On 2/9/2018 at 9:36 PM, DabigRG said:

Actually, Mr. Flynn clarified that Tangle wasn't meant to be a major recurring character. And if that's accurate, then the overhyping is indeed purely on IDW pasture.

You have a source on that? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to know where that comes from.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

You have a source on that? Not that I don't believe you, I just want to know where that comes from.

It was a Twitter post someone linked a few pages back.

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

That's something I notice too.  I guess girls are easier marketable.

What do you mean?

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

I do have to agree that IDW may be overhyping someone who might just be a minor character.

Maybe?! :lol: