Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, Razule said:

Probably because of 

But what if they're like... actually combined or something. 

And then they turn out to be related. Oopsies. 

Though the ship name would be awesome. Rumble or Tough. Best names.

Still, waaaay too early. lmao

What do you meam by combined? They could just be heterosexual partners for life.

• Nice Smile 1

3 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

And then they turn out to be related. Oopsies. 

Though the ship name would be awesome. Rumble or Tough. Best names.

Still, waaaay too early. lmao

What do you meam by combined? They could just be heterosexual partners for life.

I mean like, two heads on one body, it's out there

1 minute ago, Razule said:

I mean like, two heads on one body, it's out there

...could be that, though the concept weirds me out.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I'm thinking Battle Kukku Army for the overarching whatever antagonists. 

I'm hoping for them in general.

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I love Anton, but he's literally just a street punk. He wouldn't stand up to Charmy in his current form, let alone a super-powered team of heroes. 

So basically, Old Hob?

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I love Anton, but he's literally just a street punk. He wouldn't stand up to Charmy in his current form, let alone a super-powered team of heroes. 

I mean neither can Tails if Forces is anything to go bye.....

Tomorrow we might know if Rough and Tumble are two headed dragon/hippos/rhinos/fossas/gay couple

or none of above. I bet the latter.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe they're the abstract concept of "Rough-and-Tumble"...Sonic and Knuckles will just be fighting the urge to, well, fight each other.

EDIT: ...Okay here's an actually serious theory: they're going to be villains with the power to make allies turn on each other somehow. Maybe that's a bit too specific of a power tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Chuckle 1

"Rougher than the rest of them, the best of them, tougher than leather. You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle tumble, I'd rather flex my muscles."

• Nice Smile 1

16 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Tomorrow we might know if Rough and Tumble are two headed dragon/hippos/rhinos/fossas/gay couple

Still betting on them being humans. 

Also, could the overarching new villain be connected to the BARREL OF DOOM? Or some kind of embodiment of the Archieverse? Or is it Erazor’s relative? 

7 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

"Rougher than the rest of them, the best of them, tougher than leather. You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle tumble, I'd rather flex my muscles."

4 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Also, could the overarching new villain be connected to the BARREL OF DOOM? 

Yeah, I've been struggling to think of some random assshit too.

• Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Watch they turn out to be an aye-aye and a mouse lemur.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm thinking the "new force but based on something obscure" will be something like the Battle Kukkus or Witchcart (maybe not those exact characters, though I'm hoping we see them again eventually), or maybe even those weird monster things from super early concept art. After all, Tangle was at least partly inspired by early concepts too, so why not?

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Straightforward stories, lots of cinematic action early on. No long monologues or deep world building. No heavy focus on lore or backgrounds. It's focused on the adventure we have on hand and building on that."

Shadow confirmed to not show up for years

• Thumbs Up 1

Ian made a pretty big thread out there clarifying a few points from the interview. In that is proof that he's listening to us. I also love this approach.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

Granted, his words about Rouge and Cream kind of rub me the wrong way.

Generally curious, I've noticed you say things like this a lot about particular characters. Have you ever said anything to Ian Flynn? He seems particularly responsive on Twitter so you may get better answers to your concerns. I don't know if he reads this forum, and it seems like one of those things where he can't know if there's a complaint if nobody says anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Generally curious, I've noticed you say things like this a lot about particular characters. Have you ever said anything to Ian Flynn? He seems particularly responsive on Twitter so you may get better answers to your concerns. I don't know if he reads this forum, and it seems like one of those things where he can't know if there's a complaint if nobody says anything.

I have tried sending him asks. Plus, he seems to have already talked about Cream fans. I don't think I'm too worried about Rouge since Ian's improved on her during the reboot. I'm a little concerned that Cream will end up being mostly unimportant again like in both Preboot and reboot comics; especially since she doesn't have much of a fanbase to back her up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Nate V said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Untitled2.thumb.png.ab1e4a48d090e65c08343b44f00820f0.png

Also, for some reason, a part of me thought that the new villain was a Cronenberg of the Freedom Fighters.

I kinda want it to be that way too. That’d be a way of bridging old and new. 

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Nate V said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Untitled2.thumb.png.ab1e4a48d090e65c08343b44f00820f0.png

Also, for some reason, a part of me thought that the new villain was a Cronenberg of the Freedom Fighters.

...A whatthefoq?

What if it's Void from Sonic Shuffle, but as a darkness or a force rather than a anthro/humanoid entity. Influencing the darkness in the hearts of....that turned into a generic anime plotline very fast. My bad. :P

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Because Genesis does what Nintendon't ... which is drop out of the console market.

And on that day, Ian Flynn was blacklisted from working on Sonic ever again

• Chuckle 1

So Tangle was inspired by the older Sonic design: the Rabbit design who can also use his ears to throw and hold things. That's pretty interesting!

I'm curious to see Rough and Tumble, I keep thinking they're hyenas or jackals.

Also we got to see a cleaner version of Issue 3's variant, well a piece of it anyway. Natalie Fourdraine apparently drew that wow.

Wish Ian didn't say Amy was all over the place for her role and not something like "girlfriend" as that's her role. Makes me think he only wants butt kicking females in his book.