Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

have any of you watched boom. Amy is still obssessd like crazy yes she still has a life but obsession is still there.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

have any of you watched boom. Amy is still obssessd like crazy yes she still has a life but obsession is still there.

Yeah, but it's more subtle.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yes, but now it's not her main character trait.

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yes, but her defining character trait isn't her crush on Sonic.

4 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yes, but her defining character trait isn't her crush on Sonic.

Sorry. Razule espio'd you 20 minutes earlier XD

Ew, Boom Amy is the worst Amy she's just kind of there and she doesn't express how she is in love with Sonic now I will have to watch her get hated by all the other characters in the story again.

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Ian doesn't have a limit on story arcs this time. He said to treat the first year as one big arc.

So arcs don't have to always be 4 issues?

In regards to Boom Amy, I can't say I liked how few moments she had to shine in the show compared to other characters, and yeah at times it felt like the others didn't like having her around. Plus as @SpongicX puts it, she was often written as a mistreated-nag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Forte-Metallix said:

1) Modern Amy is "just kind of there." When's the last time she did anything plot-significant?

2) You mean Boom!Amy actually has a personality and stands on her own instead of being a satellite character to Sonic? (Again, like in the Modern games) I'd rather have a female lead that's her own entity than just being there to fawn over the male lead.

3) When has Amy ever been "hated by all the other characters"? You mean Boom? Everyone gets their fair share of jokes at their expense. It's called comedy. I don't see Amy having it any worse than the likes of Eggman or Dave the Intern.

1) Modern Amy has been a big part of the plot in games like Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Free Rides,  and Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. But in Boom 3DS she gets kidnapped and in Fire & Ice, she just did nothing.

2) Modern Amy had a personality that stands on her own as well and all characters satellite around Sonic. I would like a female lead that's not "the girl" of the team.

3) When you keep getting mean jokes like the episodes Cabin Fever and Chez Amy that spend all there time making fun of her it loses the comedy feeling.

I'll like to see IDW's Amy have Heroes & Sonic Chronicles personality in her.

Dumb question: Did Penders invent the "mobian" word?

Seriously, it feels stupid when reading the book to call anthos just "Sonic Friends"

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, Meta77 said:

Ah gotcha. I see what you guys are saying I was about to say the girl has a love doll for goodness sake lol

That was very cute and Amy like but it doesn't help that I had to wait 85 episodes to see it.

7 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I'll like to see IDW's Amy have Heroes & Sonic Chronicles personality in her.

You do remember that the former had her try to force Sonic into marriage and the latter had her lie about having a boyfriend, right? Don't see how those are good portrayals of her.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Korke said:

Seriously, it feels stupid when reading the book to call anthos just "Sonic Friends"

I think AoStH used the term Mobian before it even appeared in the comic, would have to verify that though.

In any case, I think it's barred just because they want to be rid of all references to Mobius. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

10 minutes ago, Korke said:

No, it was invented by SEGA of America. Mobius, anyway.

Then they won't call them that. Bugs Bunny is a rabbit, Sonic the Hedgehog is a hedgehog, simple as that.

I'm still waiting to hear about the status of "Two Worlds"

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm in the minority I guess. I don't like Boom Amy. She's not the worst, but she's the most inconsistent of the cast. She's the most blank slate character that lacks an identity. She's the perfect character device to basically set her up with literally anything. I only like they kept her subdued, but even then the later comics I liked better. 

Though I'm pretty biased against Boom so perhaps things got somewhat better....but from all the season 2 clips I was sent or seen on the internet, I still hated it.

Though I'm still far more worried about Tails considering Archie Comics were the only place he was any good for the longest time...but I remain cautiously optimistic rather than dreading for the worst.

4 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

She's not the worst, but she's the most inconsistent of the cast

She really got more aggressive as the series went which I didn't really like. 

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

She really got more aggressive as the series went which I didn't really like. 

She was more the most random I saw...definitely more aggressive which I didn't like. Sticks is Random...but that was her point. I hate her very much, but it's consistent with what she is. Amy....she could literally go from house decorations to monster truck jam in the blink of an eye. She appeared to be the writers pet in motivation and drive.

Just now, RedFox99 said:

You do remember that the former had her try to force Sonic into marriage and the latter had her lie about having a boyfriend, right? Don't see how those are good portrayals of her.

Its hard for me to see any force in that more like its just a boss fight so Team Rose won't be a level short and the boyfriend thing was cute the idea that she likes to play with Sonic feelings like that. I can't see how Boom Amy is any better then that at all. 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I think AoStH used the term Mobian before it even appeared in the comic, would have to verify that though.

In any case, I think it's barred just because they want to be rid of all references to Mobius. 

Möbius was last referenced in a Sonic Facebook video, where it was stated to be where the album was from. 

25 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Its hard for me to see any force in that more like its just a boss fight so Team Rose won't be a level short and the boyfriend thing was cute the idea that she likes to play with Sonic feelings like that. I can't see how Boom Amy is any better then that at all. 

No, it comes off as psychotic and unnecessary. Even if she was playing around, well, it certainly isn't going to help in getting Sonic. In fact, that's not even being a good friend, just... mean-spirited if she was just playing with his feelings by beating him up and "pretending" to force him into marriage. Both ways are not the way Amy should be, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Fire-N-Space said:

1) Modern Amy has been a big part of the plot in games like Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Free Rides, and Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. But in Boom 3DS she gets kidnapped and in Fire & Ice, she just did nothing.

So basically it's been 10 years since Amy was a big part of the plot in the game universe. That's kind of depressing.

2 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

2) Modern Amy had a personality that stands on her own as well and all characters satellite around Sonic. I would like a female lead that's not "the girl" of the team.

Yet the only thing you want her to do is fangirl over Sonic?

19 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

BOOM Sonic at least shows that he has feelings for Amy and vice versa, so its mutual.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, Meta77 said:

If that were true then by some logic we should have stuck with stories about magic frogs granting wishes and princess sally almost getting married to eggman cause he thinks shes a witch. As kids grew they pushed a more serious story and continued to do so instead of having us worry about tails needing bed time stories of the fantastic  four as he is sick. Even the megadrive issues which are some of the best and fresh takes on the comic in a long time while still fun and funny. I count those separate still had some nice action in it such as when the trio fought metal sonic and tore him a new one. Sure designs are needed for any series or story but without a good story to carry it the comic will eventually die off. Thats how so many others like transformers and others have stuck around so long. Granted i have no idea how archie keeps getting published.

I was talking about character designs being important to the Sonic franchise as a whole in general. I wasn't only talking about the comics... the comics is nearly the only place story has mattered for Sonic. Of course story is important for the comics, I didn't say they were not for the comics. But the characters including their designs is still a very big part of the appeal to the fan base even for the comics. But trying to say people don't care about the character designs much is just simply not true. For example if the Sonic games or comics were just about generic looking humans.... I NEVER would had gave this franchise the time of day, and I doubt many people overall would had either.