Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

You know, there's plenty of middle ground between demanding Sonic's hand in marriage and not giving a damn about him. I'd rather have an Amy who likes Sonic but also respects that he doesn't want a relationship.

• Thumbs Up 8

2 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

You know, there's plenty of middle ground between demanding Sonic's hand in marriage and not giving a damn about him. I'd rather have an Amy who likes Sonic but also respects that he doesn't want a relationship.

Soooo, the Amy from Sa1, Sa2, Sonic Lost World, and Sonic Forces? Keef keef...

Just now, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Well thinking that Forces and Heroes have the exact same portrayal seems more like a flaw in your perception than anyone else's. And either way, the only thing we were told is that Amy's crush would be portrayed closer to Boom, AKA no more literally physically attacking Sonic to get what she wants when he clearly doesn't, which you decided to interpret as "no personality" or "sentient hammer". Such says both that Amy's personality is in terrible shape if all she is is her crush on Sonic, and that your interpretation of the character is rather flawed if that's all you see, and especially if you think the way she acts is acceptable or realistic in any connotation other than a cartoon.

I don't see how thinking Amy from Forces is like the Amy from Heroes is being a flaw with "my" perception than anyone else's I didn't even get example about how I'm flawed but, ok. Where did they say she was closer to Boom? Amy hardly physically attacks Sonic and  Who said that all I see in her is her affection for Sonic I don't want it to be taken away or forgotten with the way she acts being acceptable when you have Sonic putting his hands on her face, Shadow using guns or even the way Eggman acts. Making Amy in to a sentient hammer isn't giving her something else to do. 

Just now, RedFox99 said:

I'm pretty sure using physical force to make someone become your spouse is beyond unhealthy.

Anyways, I feel we need to stop restarting this tangent. 

She didn't use physical force I can't see that happening and with apparently Big and Cream was restraining him to. 

10 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

I don't see how thinking Amy from Forces is like the Amy from Heroes is being a flaw with "my" perception than anyone else's I didn't even get example about how I'm flawed but, ok.

Because in Heroes, Amy literally tries to beat Sonic up to get him to marry her. In Forces, there's a whole one line toward her feelings for Sonic and it's not even close to that. If you can't see a difference in those portrayals of the character then it's not a problem with the series, it's a problem with you.

Where did they say she was closer to Boom?

Last week? We had a whole dumb argument about it just like this?

Amy hardly physically attacks Sonic

Any amount is wrong.

and  Who said that all I see in her is her affection for Sonic

You did. Because according to you, if she's not revolving around Sonic like the world's most annoying satellite, she's a "sentient hammer" with no personality.

I don't want it to be taken away or forgotten with the way she acts being acceptable when you have Sonic putting his hands on her face, Shadow using guns or even the way Eggman acts.

Except Eggman is a villain, he's supposed to be a psychopathic man-child. As for the other things, there's nothing really wrong with them. Sonic is trying to push Amy away because she's trying to grab onto him like a crazy person and he doesn't want that. Whoa, so terrible. And Shadow using guns is bad in a tonal sense because this is Sonic the hedgehog, if murderous space aliens were really trying to wipe out humanity, there is zero reason to not use a weapon against them.

She didn't use physical force I can't see that happening

??????????

apparently Big and Cream was restraining him to. 

That doesn't make anything better.

• Thumbs Up 5

Heroes team battles shouldn't even be read, the reason any of the teams are fighting are too weak to hold any water. It's best to take bad character examples not based on flimsy logic...like Sonic Battle.

13 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Why do we keep getting on this subject?

I have no idea. I see a huge amount of replies, and rather than something exciting about the comic, it's a bunch of nonsense. Stuff that seriously could be discussed in another thread, as any off tangent conversation that goes this long really has no business being here IMO. Someone just make an Amy thread and then go nuts there.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Not sure about everyone else but I for one hope we see If and Shade return at some point in the book. I'd love to see a good story with them. It's been forever.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Saying something about Amy makes far to many unneeded sparks.

Especially when it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND. We're talking about IDW Sonic here. How good it'll be and stuff, but as @dbzfan7 and @Razule has said, we're really running out of topics to discuss at the moment, running in circles.

1 minute ago, Atharun said:

Not sure about everyone else but I for one hope we see If and Shade return at some point in the book. I'd love to see a good story with them. It's been forever.

Sadly, they are a legal landmine that SEGA isn't likely to risk using.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:31 AM, Sgt Nate V said:

The #1 Variant cover by Kieran Gates has been revealed.

img_3033.jpg

That 2D Modern Sonic art looks cool, but I wonder how it would've looked with a different zone like Ice Cap or Water Palace.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Especially when it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND. We're talking about IDW Sonic here. How good it'll be and stuff, but as @dbzfan7 and @Razule has said, we're really running out of topics to discuss at the moment, running in circles.

I don't think that is accurate as Sega had no problem with them appearing in the old series but rather it was Archie restricting their use as stated by Ian. I'll try and find the interview.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Pretty sure Sega are, or were, fine with it, and Archie were the ones playing it safe.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

19 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Pretty sure Sega are, or were, fine with it, and Archie were the ones playing it safe.

Wasn't there a mandate that says that Knuckles was the only echidna in the Post-SGW? Could be mistaken.

3 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Wasn't there a mandate that says that Knuckles was the only echidna in the Post-SGW? Could be mistaken.

Yes.

Even if there’s a mandate, they could re-invent Shade as a gynoid instead, and possibly keep the Nocturnus in the past, akin to what Fleetway largely did.

21 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Even if there’s a mandate, they could re-invent Shade as a gynoid instead, and possibly keep the Nocturnus in the past, akin to what Fleetway largely did.

12 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Female version of an android.

Seems a little weak, to be honest.

Any particularly reasoning for this option?

Here is the link . Ian stated he'd be on board (at the time) to writing a Chronicles story and that Sega would be ok but seemed Archie was the one concerned over Penders. I believe there were other interviews where he answers along the same line but need to find them.

Scroll Down about 3 posts

http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7635&start=60

• Thumbs Up 1