Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

16 minutes ago, Atharun said:

Here is the link . Ian stated he'd be on board (at the time) to writing a Chronicles story and that Sega would be ok but seemed Archie was the one concerned over Penders. I believe there were other interviews where he answers along the same line but need to find them.

Scroll Down about 3 posts

http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7635&start=60

And it doesn't exist...

6 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

And it doesn't exist...

Here it is copied _

Ian Flynn wrote:
Spinehog wrote:For the sake of head continuity then can we assume that Sonic Chronicles, at least for the time being, will be always be set as slightly ahead of the comic's events?

Sure. "Sonic Chronicles" was said to take place a few years after the main continuity, providing a convenient sliding timeline.

Let's say down the line SEGA allows you to use those characters and that story. Would you personally not want to touch it, or would you want to use the stuff in it?

Oh, I'd be all over it. And as far as I've heard, SEGA would be cool with it. The concern is Mr. Penders would sue if we did.

8 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

And it doesn't exist...

Copy/paste the link directly in your address bar.  For some reason clicking certain links on Stadium doesn't work right because of a redirect issue.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

39 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Did they ever confirm what powers or abilities Rough & Tumble have, besides maybe bad BO?

Nah, that's too crass for Sonic the Hedgehog. This is a classy comic, for classy people. 

Maybe they're.. strong?

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Seems a little weak, to be honest.

Any particularly reasoning for this option?

Cool robot powers, explaining why Knuckles reprograms her to be loyal to him instead of the long-gone Nocturnus, the whole “no romance” thing...

18 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Cool robot powers, explaining why Knuckles reprograms her to be loyal to him instead of the long-gone Nocturnus, the whole “no romance” thing...

So, a feminine Metal-Knuckles?

I'm imagining Knuckles trying to reprogram her and dismantling her instead, with Tails face-palming in the background.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

12 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

He's not. The "socks" are markings. You can tell because it doesn't have a different texture in 3D models. 

Even without him, Tikal is proof that blob feet are real. 

You have no sense of fun.

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Did they ever confirm what powers or abilities Rough & Tumble have, besides maybe bad BO?

They look like physical fighters to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

You have no sense of fun.

Sure I do. 

It's just that it often takes a backseat to my sense of "If someone takes this as fact and tries to seriously argue with it I swear I will scream internally".

On topic of IDW, the May Previews issue should be out tomorrow. Might show the same cover for #5 we've seen before, might show another variant.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So, what else do you guys want to see in IDW Sonic eventually?

A Rouge-centered story arc, a Cream-centeric issue, some character development, constructive and positive interactions between Sonic and Amy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

15 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Crossover with the Archie continuity.

• Promotion 1

Sonic Chronicles stuff, for one thing. I don't want a crossover with Archie so much as a reintroduction of it's old elements, but mostly I just want everything to be interesting. So maybe just do tons of stuff we've never seen from the series before.

Sonic the Comic stuff, too. I simply cannot force myself to read it so seeing it's elements become a part of the bigger and more-recognized continuity would be the next best thing. Super Sonic being dangerous has always been the big draw for me, but armies of Metal Sonics, more weird-ass albino echidnas and Amy being lesbians with a bird more roboticization and general cybernetics are fine too.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Just now, PublicEnemy1 said:

A deeper relationship between Sonic & Amy.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Mega Drive Part 3.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Tails not being utter shite. But I've read the latter archie stuff which is...MILES...ahead of everything else with him as of late.

Oh and a middle finger to ship lovers. Yeah I know its a real selfish one, but I love a good ship burning/tearing :broken_heart:

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:

...MILES...

I see what you did there.

Personally not to worried about the Tails front, or any other SEGA character for that matter.

25 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Oh and a middle finger to ship lovers. Yeah I know its a real selfish one, but I love a good ship burning/tearing :broken_heart:

Romance has been forbidden since the post-reboot, is there any ship left to sink?

28 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Yeah I know its a real selfish one, but I love a good ship burning/tearing

Here it is m8:

• Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, Korke said:

Romance has been forbidden since the post-reboot, is there any ship left to sink?

You'd be surprised with how many people believe in the ship. Those dreams must be CRUSHED!

0 Second book, ASAP.

1 Big arc about Shadow. At least one story bigger than 4-parter. (Not immediately of course. Year 2 or 3).

2 Solo story for Rouge (or even team-up with Knuckles, just without Shadow)

3 Nega, Infinite, any villain that Flynn didn't touch yet. Even a bit more of Deadly Six. (Mephiles would be tempting, but I'm keeping realistic wishes).

4 Sticks being in the book. She doesn't have to appear as often as Chaotix, Blaze or Cream. Just her being in the book will satisfy me.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

51 minutes ago, Korke said:

Have Silver and Blaze just.. never interact, ever