Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

6 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

What would this actually do? Artists still exist.

Self amusement. It wouldn't accomplish much else. 

23 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Self amusement. It wouldn't accomplish much else. 

Come at me bro, I'll post a shipping pic especially for you

Ek4eC3o.png?1

42 minutes ago, Razule said:

Have Silver and Blaze just.. never interact, ever

That's easy, IIRC they never did in Archie, not pre nor post the reboot... Heh

The only actual ship that existed in post-reboot was Salicole... and only, because Flynn suddenly talked about it. Aaaand both characters are definitely dead. Nothing really to worry about, unless he wants to work with even more OC's.

• Nice Smile 1

17 minutes ago, Korke said:

The only actual ship that existed in post-reboot was Salicole.

Antoine and Bunnie. 

It's still a ship even if it reached canon level a long time ago. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I think that romance between characters isn't necessarily wrong, but romantic drama is. If they want to put two characters in a relationship, I think that's fine. But never focus on the bumps and turns of that relationship like it's something people care about more than the fun and antics between characters and the villains. You gotta keep things from getting heavy unless you really know what you're doing. And when it comes to relationships...I dunno, I don't think Flynn is great at it. Bunnie and Antoine are cute as hell together, but Ian's biggest contribution toward the progress in their relationship was marrying the two, where the actual twists and turns of what the two characters being in love with each other was like weren't actually at the forefront. Other than that, what do we have? Knuckles and Julie hardly got much, the less said about Fiona the better, and Sally/Sonic seems to become a mess no matter who's writing it.

As for Sally and Nicole...well, they were never a real couple. Their interactions were closer than most characters got, but I don't think there was any implication that it came from anything beyond having known each other for a long period of time, and I was actually surprised when Ian made his "I was surprised we got away with that much" comment. Because I vaguely remember people talking about Sally and Nicole as a couple on the bumbleking forum a while back, where he said something like the pairing only existed to fans because the characters spent a lot of time together, and that that's a bad reason to suddenly consider characters a couple in-canon. While I don't really see an issue either way, I definitely feel like the whole ship being considered "official" by Ian was entirely retroactive.

So if you're even gonna touch on any of this stuff, it needs to be handled with the utmost care, and I'm not 100% certain that it's possible for the series. One wrong step and it can become run of the mill furry drama like back in the #70s-#100s days, and nobody wants that.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

I think that romance between characters isn't necessarily wrong, but romantic drama is. If they want to put two characters in a relationship, I think that's fine. But never focus on the bumps and turns of that relationship like it's something people care about more than the fun and antics between characters and the villains. You gotta keep things from getting heavy unless you really know what you're doing. And when it comes to relationships...I dunno, I don't think Flynn is great at it. Bunnie and Antoine are cute as hell together, but Ian's biggest contribution toward the progress in their relationship was marrying the two, where the actual twists and turns of what the two characters being in love with each other was like weren't actually at the forefront. Other than that, what do we have? Knuckles and Julie hardly got much, the less said about Fiona the better, and Sally/Sonic seems to become a mess no matter who's writing it.

The problem with Bunnie and Antoine was that their relationship didn't evolve much in either era of the comics and like Laviarray said, their relationship really served no purpose. 

Couples in the comics were odten a hot mess. Even Ian dropped the ball with Sonally by writing Sonic out of character and by showing favoritism towards the couple and Sally.

To be honest i liked the former cover better, not that it was perfect or anything, but this new cover is the blandest one we got yet...

• Nice Smile 1

9 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

0 Second book, ASAP.

1 Big arc about Shadow. At least one story bigger than 4-parter. (Not immediately of course. Year 2 or 3).

2 Solo story for Rouge (or even team-up with Knuckles, just without Shadow)

3 Nega, Infinite, any villain that Flynn didn't touch yet. Even a bit more of Deadly Six. (Mephiles would be tempting, but I'm keeping realistic wishes).

4 Sticks being in the book. She doesn't have to appear as often as Chaotix, Blaze or Cream. Just her being in the book will satisfy me.

I agree with all of these things

10 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Tails not being utter shite. But I've read the latter archie stuff which is...MILES...ahead of everything else with him as of late.

Oh and a middle finger to ship lovers. Yeah I know its a real selfish one, but I love a good ship burning/tearing :broken_heart:

While I'm not fond of uwarrented narrative middle fingers, and trust me I've been reading sonic comics for a while and as a fan of the sega characters, i've gotten PLENTY. I am fond of characters ending up with characters and that crushing the preconceived notions of fans. I am a fan, I love fans but one things fans particularly shippers have an issue with is creating fictional versions of characters in their head and assuming that's how the character acts so they can ship them with whoever when in reality the character is nothing like that. 

So I guess what gives me life is when a character ends up with another character and not the ones fans exspected, just because people talk doesn't mean their in a relationship or they even like each other romantically. And the salt that comes from that realization or lack their of and the rage than insures probably has extended my lifespan. 

I'm pretty Sure Sakura Ending up with Sasuke in Naruto and the salt that ensued extended my lifespan for 5 decades

14 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So, what else do you guys want to see in IDW Sonic eventually?

Eh, I got a long list out there somewhere already, so I might have to get back to you on that.

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I want classic Sonic, just in a comic of his own.

If that ever happens, I want him as a young Sonic, not a parallel universe Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:

No Classic Sonic

1 hour ago, Marco9966 said:
1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

If that ever happens, I want him as a young Sonic, not a parallel universe Sonic.

Temper expectations pls

For one, when Mania 2 comes out there'll probably be a adver-daptation for it.

Second, well, there was a whole discussion about that mandate a few pages. There are complications

13 minutes ago, Razule said:

For one, when Mania 2 comes out there'll probably be a adver-daptation for it.

Considering how IDW tends to publish things, I can see them either creating a one-shot or a mini-series to cover things like game adaptations, or, alternatively, Sega will just commission Ian and crew for more comics in the vein of Forces' prequel comics that will be separate from everything else.

• Nice Smile 1

16 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

So, what else do you guys want to see in IDW Sonic eventually?

These guys:

image.png.66405439db5c93189cff4fbd06e8e781.pngimage.thumb.png.233f90c1d7b738a01f8c6fa1e8f95c0b.pngimage.thumb.png.49936e28edeae55ca5d550964b76c47a.png

I know it's never going to happen, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, designs pre-reboot was bland. The shoes all variants on the same look,and the character designs aren't so varied between each other either. At the very least I can't say that for IDW's roster yet. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I forgot to say I also want to see Big!!

DBl6RVdU0AAWki5.jpg

latest?cb=20170218173440

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he'll appear at some point during the new series, since he's a game character.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

I forgot to say I also want to see Big!!

DBl6RVdU0AAWki5.jpg

latest?cb=20170218173440

Man. It was a really cute moment. I like Archie Big.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

19 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Man, designs pre-reboot was bland. The shoes all variants on the same look,and the character designs aren't so varied between each other either. At the very least I can't say that for IDW's roster yet. 

Well, they are mainly using Tails as a base, especially Geoffrey(for the better, tho). 

• Nice Smile 1

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Well, they are mainly using Tails as a base, especially Geoffrey(for the better, tho). 

Tails is the base of all life

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1