Dejimon11

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Tails is the base of all life

Non-Hedgehog life.

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Tails is the Mew of the Sonic universe.

Took me a sec to get that.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:44 PM, PublicEnemy1 said:

So, what else do you guys want to see in IDW Sonic eventually?

Here's that list I mentioned:

On 2/3/2018 at 3:32 PM, DabigRG said:

Primarily, the less utilized(, Gemerl, etc.), emphasized(Omega, Storm, etc.), and/or appreciated(Charmy, Marine, etc.) characters getting some sufficient limelight is a major incentive.

Here's a few other things that would be neat:

• Amy's vaguely implied mystical background getting a little display
  • Fake Emeralds coming up again 
  • A personal villain/rival for Knuckles and Amy
  • Some stories is Blaze's world, with some emphasis on the likes of Marine and Gardon
  • Exploring the Special Zone a bit
  • Alternative Macguffins like the Time Stones and Gems coming up again
  • A good story with Soleanna
  • Thrash

• Nice Smile 1

I would also like to eventually see a classic themed companion comic running alongside the main one. Sonic Universe showed that two comics can run side by side, sales competition being a non issue as they complimented each other.

You would potentially be looking at the same overlap as the main comic but in the other direction, as in the main comic brings in your general Sonic fan as well as those more interested in the modern current version of Sonic, and a classic style companion comic would again have the general audience plus those that may prefer the older style and game content to the newer ones, the Mania type crowd basically. By running two comics with the two main asthetics you would pretty much get 99% of the audience, so even if IDW had to pay a new licence fee to be able to use the classic era material it should in theory be just as worth while for them and bring in enough money to cover the costs same as using the modern licence.

Personally would love to see some of the older games get more in depth coverage than they did in the Penders era where they were far more his lore and current comic goings on with the poorest adaption of the actual goings on in the game it was meant to be covering. Ian's Fighters arc showed he could make an interesting arc out of a game that didn't really have any major story behind it, and Mega Drive was well received and showed there's potential to creating new stories in the classic style universe, and I would love to see him redo the likes of Triple Trouble. It's not likely to happen, ever, but an origin to Sonic & Eggman would be a really interesting arc to build with Sega's help, not an origin of Sonic as I dont ever see them touching that, but building a story around the previous battles Sonic has had with Eggman mentioned in the original Sonic manual, and finally getting to see Christmas Island.

Besides those ideas, as long as the lost crew members still get life in the comics, Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark, Nack, Battle Bird Armada etc I'm all good to go.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I don't know if I could take another 1 and 2 adaptation by Ian Flynn. There are only so many ways one man can go over the same beats for the same stories

I will see pink water jokes and Green Hill and "Ro-butt-nik"in my nightmares

• Nice Smile 1

My main problem with them getting rid of all references to Mobius is because the replacement has been rather weak. Oh, don't get me wrong, I was good with Earth. What I've had a problem with is even avoiding giving Sonic's homeworld a name. Hearing about everyone living on Sonic's World is so... weirdly egocentric about Sonic in a way that makes me want to punch him? Or is that a reference to the Two Worlds and Sonic's World is the more retro Genesis styled world full of animal friends? If so, then that would be even weaker because when was the last time we saw non-Eggman humans? Whatever happened to the Robotnik family line for that matter? Should I even care about that? 

I want to know what was wrong with Earth or Mobius and particularly why the word Mobius even offends some Sonic fans when it's just a good name for a planet like ours but not quite. 

At least the Archie books handled and balanced the world of Humans and Mobians well in its last years. It was something that should have been made canon to the series period. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

If the human and sonic world were still a single entity  then I would be fine with earth

But there is a earth, so what's sonic planet called? Also I would like to have a name besides " Rainbow colored animal folk " 

I don't think the Mario series has ever disclosed a planet name either. Mushroom World was a misuse of term and really just meant the Mushroom Kingdom (even with the cartoons), so there's otherwise no world name. 

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

I don't think the Mario series has ever disclosed a planet name either. Mushroom World was a misuse of term and really just meant the Mushroom Kingdom (even with the cartoons), so there's otherwise no world name. 

To be fair, that's partly because Mario doesn't really give a shit about story or worldbuilding outside of RPGs, which usually invent new locations altogether.

And the Galaxy games never had the issue come up, from what I recall

Yeah, that just makes that weirder. Yes, okay, I'm aware that Sonic X did the Two Worlds thing way before we got all antsy about it now before some other longtime fan who's been here as long or longer than I've been comes and corrects me on that. But even there it avoided calling Sonic's planet by any name even when the pilot footage showed a world that was like a futuristic Mobius. 

Like, I don't even know what to call this. Do they just hate the idea of a long running and reliable concept because it would alienate newcomers or is this just contempt for Sega West for making Sonic as big a hit as it was and they never quite recaptured that kind of spark? Why is there some continuity to more asinine if recognizable series traits yet no continuity like a solid world and timeline? And why isn't Sonic allowed to actually evolve as a character instead of being one dimensional character traits. Other cartoons (even the new Ducktales!) have character development over time, yet Sonic has kind of just... stagnated. 

Like, that's the problem I have with the series now. I get that it's easy for a newcoming casual Sonic fan. That's great actually. But it should be accessible while still not alienating its old fanbase by continuing to be the same old same old. So that we're hearing that even character traits are having to go through Sega, I crumple up into a ball. It's like the 1986 Transformers movie. Transformers was a marketing tool but the people writing and driving the narrative put so much work into it that people got invested beyond just the marketing tool. I feel the same thing happened to Sonic. It kind of bums me out. I was getting really invested in Archie in its last years and I still haven't quite let go and this looks like a reboot with a new publisher both out of necessity for Archie being incompetent and focusing more on Riverdale and out of keeping the house style flavour of "Sonic-y" (is anyone else tired of that word, because I sure as hell am) Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

34 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

If the human and sonic world were still a single entity  then I would be fine with earth

But there is a earth, so what's sonic planet called? Also I would like to have a name besides " Rainbow colored animal folk "

Well since we're dealing with parallel worlds a la Sonic X, I imagine both planets would be called Earth. Like there's human Earth and furry Earth and Iizuka's mysterious dimensional gate that connects them.

25 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I always assumed it just a fantasy version of Earth.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm still going to use the word "Mobian" for the Sonic Furries until we get a new and better name for them.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I'm still going to use the word "Mobian" for the Sonic Furries until we get a new and better name for them.

We probably won't

• Nice Smile 1

Why not just call them animals...because anthro or not, that's what they are in the context of their world. Talking animals, but still just that.

It's like, who even cares?

13 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Why not just call them animals...because anthro or not, that's what they are in the context of their world. Talking animals, but still just that.

It's like, who even cares?

World-building, I guess.

• Nice Smile 1

Giving them a name is the least important part of explaining what they are...since...they were just named after the planet before.

We're the aliens, so the term mobians is just what we'd use to describe everything from that planet.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, Sgt Nate V said:

The #1 Variant cover by Kieran Gates has been revealed.

img_3033.jpg

You sure that's not stock cover art? sure looks like it. but bang up job for the artist that can fully mimic Uekawa's official art style (including "the hand", @VEDJ-F knows what I mean from the Sonic Channel topic).

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Giving them a name is the least important part of explaining what they are...since...they were just named after the planet before.

We're the aliens, so the term mobians is just what we'd use to describe everything from that planet.

Or the planet.. is named after them. Sonic's World named after Sonic, people known as Sonic's Worlders

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

Well since we're dealing with parallel worlds a la Sonic X, I imagine both planets would be called Earth. Like there's human Earth and furry Earth and Iizuka's mysterious dimensional gate that connects them.

I always assumed it just a fantasy version of Earth.

Maybe its my comics background, but earth is usually defined by having some similarities to earth, and its totally possible to have multiple earths, but earth is generally the same . Its the people on it , or its destroyed or prehistoric or something. 

Sonics planet kind of has very little similarity to earth, from its inhabitants to its super weird geography. So..I never considered earth, well I did when it was one planet. Now its... sonic land?

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Maybe its my comics background, but earth is usually defined by having some similarities to earth, and its totally possible to have multiple earths, but earth is generally the same . Its the people on it , or its destroyed or prehistoric or something. 

Sonics planet kind of has very little similarity to earth, from its inhabitants to its super weird geography. So..I never considered earth, well I did when it was one planet. Now its... sonic land?

Well sure, but look at Human Earth in Unleashed. Aside from having eight places that are analogous to real-world locations, it doesn't look much like our version of Earth.

44 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

Aside from having eight places that are analogous to real-world locations,

That's still of a lot more earth than checkered looping nightmare seperated by rings

By the way

is... is sonic forces the first canonical time shadow as been like shown moving through out sonic's world in a video game?

21 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

That's still of a lot more earth than checkered looping nightmare seperated by rings

By the way

is... is sonic forces the first canonical time shadow as been like shown moving through out sonic's world in a video game?

Forces is the first game that actually takes place on Sonic's planet post-Two Worlds, so yes.

26 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

My point is that if one Earth doesn't have to be realistic, neither does the other.

26 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

By the way

No, that would be Heroes.

Anyway, I'd like to learn more about Iizuka's gate. Based on SA1 we can infer that it's thousands of years old and large enough to accommodate a landmass the size of Angel Island. It also seems to be accessible enough that people can easily travel back and forth between worlds, which raises the question of why there isn't a greater mix of humans and furries on either planet.

• Nice Smile 1